pvp

Post suggestions for improvements here.
Ming
Baron
Baron

Re: pvp

Post by Ming »

Forgery wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:49 pm he dispelled the the shadow shield actually cause you know he isnt retarded. he is a lot of things stupid isnt one of them. you think im telling lies. ok so be it.
as long as you are using WSAD to nudge him he can't resist being moved. If you are trying to nudge him with mouse controls, 9 times out of 10 that isnt going to work. Period, this is hard coded in the game engine and no body can change it. The only exception I can think of MIGHT be dwarven defender, I'm not sure if they can be nudged in defensive stance due to the way it roots them in place.
Mask-inc
Duke
Duke

Post by Mask-inc »

Ok, tested it with him, i'm standing in the middle of the portal in akon's basement, he cannot get out or move me out of the way so...just wondering you know..
Ah, and when you get out, if you don't move out of the way, you cannot be nudge aside and the portal cannot be use to get down. How about that, tested nearly 15 minutes.

On further testing, from the outside, was able to use akon stone to get down after more than 10 minutes, he couldn't be move and the key couldn't be use. No idea why it work that one time, maybe the lag...
Let me know if that merit more testing.

Cheers

Mask
Last edited by Mask-inc on Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
**Master Halaster Blackcloak, Los Illuminados Alianza Grand Master**

Minion- Impling
Sir Del Goodman- Exile from Starkson Protectorate
Karthak Strongarms- Slayer of Undead
Rikus Strongarms- Grand Scythe Master
Lomnek Strongarms- Dwarven Tank
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Test again. Because you can move people. If you have ever been shopping at Vogons, you already know that other players can push you around.
Mask-inc wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:31 pm Ok, tested it with him, i'm standing in the middle of the portal in akon's basement, he cannot get out or move me out of the way so...just wondering you know..

Mask
Forgery
Knight
Knight

Post by Forgery »

after testing it seems that you can push anyone you are in a party with or anyone if you are in a non pvp zone. in a pvp zone however you can not move people that you are not in a party with
Mask-inc
Duke
Duke

Post by Mask-inc »

Ok, further test. In a pvp area, if not in a party, cannot move someone out of the way but in a non pvp area, you can move anyone around be they in party or not.

About getting in and out of akon while someone is standing, it take a long long time before being able to either activate the key to get in or the circle to get out if someone not in the same party is just standing there. I don't have unlimited keys on me, but tested it a good 5 times to be sure it was not just some random occurence. Each time i was able to get in or out but after nearly 10 minutes of trying hard for it but on a side note, FoJ was still in the same spot and had not move.

Mask

Minion- Impling
Garek
Knight
Knight

Post by Garek »

While spending your evening testing movements of people, did anyone try using the token in your inventory to move yourself super close to the spot someone else is standing?

Just curious. It works to get you when stuck by a rock, etc. maybe it works on a person too.

This whole thread for one kill. Can't wait to see some more chaotic evil people roaming around BSK. :twisted:
Mask-inc
Duke
Duke

Post by Mask-inc »

Holy coin won't work, it won't let you port on a spot with someone on it.
I've been around for a long time too right ;)
And i could say i have tested a lot of things over the time on BSK with a lot of good results.

Mask

Minion- Impling
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I see why there is a difference in what we are seeing. Akon's is supposed to be set to No-PVP, but was on the default server setting. This has been fixed. Also, the way the exit rings work has been changed. This will hopefully prevent future incidents.
Mask-inc wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:41 pm Holy coin won't work, it won't let you port on a spot with someone on it.
I've been around for a long time too right ;)
And i could say i have tested a lot of things over the time on BSK with a lot of good results.

Mask
Kane0
Duke
Duke

Post by Kane0 »

Is that the case for other locations with portals? Ive been caught blocking some poor soul at bordermarch once.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

It shouldn't, I have always been able to use a waypoint whether someone was on it or not.
Kane0 wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:20 am Is that the case for other locations with portals? Ive been caught blocking some poor soul at bordermarch once.
Forgery
Knight
Knight

Post by Forgery »

thank you
Forgery
Knight
Knight

Post by Forgery »

but this still leaves the fact that dude was griefing and i was justified in my attack of him even if it did end in my death. i dont want anything done to him. just want it out there that i dont go around attacking people for no reason.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Do you have screenshots to back your claim?
Forgery wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:30 am but this still leaves the fact that dude was griefing and i was justified in my attack of him even if it did end in my death. i dont want anything done to him. just want it out there that i dont go around attacking people for no reason.
Forgery
Knight
Knight

Post by Forgery »

why do i need screen shots? he told you himself that i tried to nudge him off the spot. he sat there blocking me intentionally.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I wasn't there, so all I can go on is what you both say, screenshots and server logs. So far, everything corroborates his story and not yours. So, I am asking you, do you have any proof? If not, I think we are done here.
Forgery wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:59 am why do i need screen shots? he told you himself that i tried to nudge him off the spot. he sat there blocking me intentionally.