New player ramblings

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
TalisPendrag
Commoner
Commoner

New player ramblings

Post by TalisPendrag »

Good evening all,

I recently started as Talis Pendragorian on the server and, firstly, I absolutely love it. I don't have a huge amount of time to play and thoroughly enjoy the freedom to log in and do my own thing without being bound to the riigidity of other PWs out there.
Further, I was wondering the below;

- Does the server have a Discord channel active?
- Are there DMS on the server? I'm yet to meet one and the server is so fluid I don't know if one is required
- If the above answer is yes then do they host events?
- Are there unique item drops from monsters in the game?
- I would be much like to get involved with a server guild, are there any out there?
- I understand the server is antiquated and has seen many players come and go, does anyone have any useful 'guides' or hints and tips for the first 1-20 levels? I couldn't find any literature

Thankyou for taking the time to maintain the server and , if it's in your power or interest, answer the above.

Death to the Blackstone Keep Warden butcher,
Talis

P.s edit I play on the EE server, from this forum I understand there are two
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New player ramblings

Post by driller »

Greetings Tails. I am glad you are enjoying the server.

To answer your questions:

1.We do not have discord channel.
2.There are no current RP DMs, not sure if any of the older ones will be back or not.
3.See 2.
4.They do.A low level example would be the Hobgoblin Leader in the mines. A high level would be King Aildrek.
5.I have heard some of the players saying that wanted to get some of the old guilds going again.
6.There are several players on here that can give very good advice. I will ask one to post something.

Thanks,
-driller
TalisPendrag wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:27 pm Good evening all,

I recently started as Talis Pendragorian on the server and, firstly, I absolutely love it. I don't have a huge amount of time to play and thoroughly enjoy the freedom to log in and do my own thing without being bound to the riigidity of other PWs out there.

- Are there DMS on the server? I'm yet to meet one and the server is so fluid I don't know if one is required
- I would be much like to get involved with a server guild, are there any out there?
- I understand the server is antiquated and has seen many players come and go, does anyone have any useful 'guides' or hints and tips for the first 1-20 levels? I couldn't find any literature

Thankyou for taking the time to maintain the server and , if in you power or interest, answer the above.

Talis
Wing--Zero
Duke
Duke

Post by Wing--Zero »

I would start out at level one doing the pasture quest and going from there to foxmore from levels 1-6 after level 6 head to the dark forest through the southern forest into the central. From there if you head straight you can fight ettings till level 8-10 and tyrnanoids from 10-14. There are also quest out in that area so I would keep a eye out for npcs. There are ogres out there as well so if ettins are too tough there's Ogres and than a little further down the road Raksashas Than Minotours and through the Longs Passage(you eventually have to come this way).

-It helps to have a friend or make a new one! Always wear your Elite Swordsmans, Brawlers Belt and Archers Belts and swap between weapon types. Keep plenty of health potions handy(theres now stacks of 10). If things get too rough in marvel are items that can help. Buy Potions from Foxmore to buff with (very important!). And always keep gear upto date if its Cartigan or another merchant you use.

Thanks
-Zero
Duo Maxwell
Auran Goodman
Damian Goodman
Daniel Goodman
Karn
Aye Spyu
Heia The Deamon
and some others :P
Log-ins: Zero, X, X_Mule, Z_mule
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

If I may interject! The bugbear area needs to be toughened up. CR is too low. It should be similar to he Tyranoids or the Rakshahas, minimum the ettins! Since everything get tougher the further from the keep making them harder is about right. Also considering the Frozen Way CR is way above the bugbear area. That chest on the hill should be replaced with a cabin and a mad wizard inside. Oh and the Blackstone Pass should have some giants ... not too tough but enough to keep people honest!
Roland Deschain
Duke
Duke

Post by Roland Deschain »

TalisPendrag wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:27 pm Good evening all,

Thankyou for taking the time to maintain the server and , if it's in your power or interest, answer the above.

Talis

P.s edit I play on the EE server, from this forum I understand there are two
https://discord.gg/hbcdhEn

The discord server isn't very big atm. But you can get in touch with some people that play regularly there
Roland Deschain
Alain Johnson
Cuthbert Allgood
Marten Broadcloak
Cort
Rarebru Balancebringer
Walter O' Dim
Sleepy
Feanara Telrunya
TalisPendrag
Commoner
Commoner

Post by TalisPendrag »

Joined thanks!
Rakash
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Rakash »

Things I normally do on a fresh character would be picking up the quest chains from the warden, farmer outside the gate, and foxmore. I usually start out with the warden's quest to kill the kobolds since the mobs there usually die in 1 hit at lvl 1 (they have 2 hp). Also the boss of the cave drops a nice +2 shortbow and magic arrows. If you sell these you can make about 30k gold which is more than enough to finish buying your starting gear and potions. I then usually tackle the farmer's quest to kill the den mother because she can be quite difficult to do on a fresh level 1 most of the time.
Sapphire
Count
Count

Post by Sapphire »

The best approach I have to starting a new character is too buy a longbow in the tavern and a few 100 plain arrows and go up and down the blackstone road killing the undead... Keeping my character at a distance to be able to run away if necessary ... The alternative is (and I don't know if this is in the EE server) is go talk to the town cryer and acquire an attack puppy which helps an awful lot at levels 1 and 2 ... Basically level the den mother alone and other quests til you reach about level 4 depending on your class choice ...
Kane0
Duke
Duke

Post by Kane0 »

My general pattern is Kobolds/den mother, crypt/cult, beetles/goblins, orcs/bugbears, gnolls/ogres. Top it off with ettins, black orcs and vampires and that should put you at level 8-10 and in good position to take on other quests.
Oh, forgot sewers. Long but relatively easy, take a +1 weapon around level 6 or so, just be careful of bandit mages.