Bigger Server?

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Bigger Server?

Post by Capt Cliff »

Wow ... Blackstone is getting really popular. So much so you can't log on! I mean if you crash in game it might take a half hour to an hour to relog. Can the server size be increased? What about passwords?
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

i think it's a fine line between having enough players, and causing lag.
ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

Re: Bigger Server?

Post by ValentianNizzle »

Capt Cliff wrote:Wow ... Blackstone is getting really popular. So much so you can't log on! I mean if you crash in game it might take a half hour to an hour to relog. Can the server size be increased? What about passwords?
Just ask Driller to bump it up to 50 again.
Ghost4life
Count
Count

Post by Ghost4life »

NO NO NO NO NO!!! too much lag as it is!
DM Dragonheart
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM Dragonheart »

Driiler atm is running two servers..BSK1 and BSK2 this is possibly putting a massive drain on his net connection so sadly as we see the servers getting more and more popular increasing the size of the player count really wont do much to help the situation...to help with the lag players can help by shutting down messengers and any downloads they do while playing BSK also picking up loot helps also..i know that while the player is in the area they tend to leave loot all over the floor until they leave it remains there so to help out everyone and reduce the lag use these easy steps and lets make it enjoyable for everyone 8)
And they came from out of the mists... the hordes of undead

Nothing stood in the wake of their path and the carnage and destruction was insurmountable.

Quinon guye captain 7th Guard
DM_Jaydaan
Baron
Baron

Post by DM_Jaydaan »

Another thing that will help is: if you plan to AKF for more than 5-10 min, please, PLEASE log out. Going AFK to watch a sports game or other TV show, for example is not fair to the people trying to get in to play. I have, and will continue to boot people who have been afk more than 15 mins, and have not answered my PM in over 5 mins. Lets be respectful of this very busy server, and all the people who with to play here. :wink:
A DM's job is not to love you, but to help you grow stronger in character.
ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

DM_Jaydaan wrote:Another thing that will help is: if you plan to AKF for more than 5-10 min, please, PLEASE log out. Going AFK to watch a sports game or other TV show, for example is not fair to the people trying to get in to play. I have, and will continue to boot people who have been afk more than 15 mins, and have not answered my PM in over 5 mins. Lets be respectful of this very busy server, and all the people who with to play here. :wink:
I sure wish I had the opportunity to boot you!

But all jokes aside.. I agree. But it would be nice to at least have it bumped up to 40 or something just a little bit higher.
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

i think its time for a auto-boot script :)
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

Pretty Fly White Guy wrote:i think its time for a auto-boot script :)
Hear, hear ... good idea!

Another might be picking up your treasure! Don't leave it on the ground for the server to keep track of, all depending on how the program keeps track of that stuff. I was on the old Rhun system and if you did not immediately take the treasure from remains, i.e. close the remains and reopen, it was erased. So you got one shot and if the vopal sword got wacked tough nuggies.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Like I have said before. I can easily shorten the time loot stays on the ground and re-enable the boot script.

-driller
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

sounds as though the boot script is a good idea. was useful on the first BSK as well.
DM Rendyll
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM Rendyll »

I think with a little common sense and some common courtesy, we won't have need for scripting changes. At least, I hope that's the case.
Play by the spirit of the rules, not by the letter of the law.
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Sorry, the server with matuer and responsible players is that way =>

:P
ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

Pretty Fly White Guy wrote:Sorry, the server with matuer and responsible players is that way =>

Shove a sock in it, punkboy. You aren't even playing on BSK these days, need I remind thou.
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

ValentianNizzle wrote:
Pretty Fly White Guy wrote:Sorry, the server with matuer and responsible players is that way =>

Shove a sock in it, punkboy. You aren't even playing on BSK these days, need I remind thou.
Oh, you know i'm going to get my can opener now!