The Underdark-Umgahs

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Fletchbren
Commoner
Commoner

The Underdark-Umgahs

Post by Fletchbren »

Hey I have a level 31 dwarven defender and my friends and I have decided on going to the City of Umgahs to fight them. The only problem is that from what I have heard from people these Umgahs use alot of nasty tricks such as knockdown and ability drain. Im not sure if I believe anyone because when i asked people about the difficulty of ants they all said "Really really hard" and "You gonna need knockdown protection!!" and other stuff. When I went to do ants I found them to be easy as pie and also found out that they almost NEVER use knockdown (seen it once out of about 400 battles with them). So when people describe the difficulty of Umgahs Im not sure whether I should trust them and I dont want to go down there and find out the hard way. So could anyone here maybe tell me what I am to expect from these nasty creatures? Also some people say that Umgahs are easy but then later say if you have about 1mill gold to spend on tribal guardian and dragon slippers (which I dont).
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

Why not just try it? That seems to be the more adventurous route. Bring a friend to rez you if needed, or if you're REALLY adventurous (or carefree, foolhardy, whatever you want to call it) just do it alone. I've tried a few times that way for many things on BSK and I usually end up hitting my forehead afterward, but it is indeed an adventure that way!
Fenrip
Duke
Duke

Post by Fenrip »

I second that. Just make sure that you and your friends have plenty of rezes. It is a good time.
My memory used to be better. Also, my memory used to be better.
Caesius
Duke
Duke

Post by Caesius »

They tend to gather into big mobs even easier than ants.
The only constant is change.
winteraven
Count
Count

Post by winteraven »

Ha Ha Caesius! :lol: In all fairness, it depends on .. dare I say it?... *gasps* your build, class, and gear... It is better to ask someone in game however perhaps finding out who is down there often and can answer truthfully your questions. They are easy for some and harder for others. If you see my login, ask me and I will be glad to help you or PM me here on the forum.

Happy gaming :)
~ I kill things and drink potions~
Trudes
Count
Count

Post by Trudes »

Agree's with winter, i've been soloing in there from lvl 21 with my sneaker, picking off lone umgahs. However there's no way i'd go alone down there with other builds until pretty high lvl :roll:
Difas
Duke
Duke

Post by Difas »

ok.. they sneack with cripple, you get +20 at a time, archers have death arrow, adn you tend to roll 1s, they kdown, A LOT, and have a lot off apr, and ab, and a fair ac, damage is pretty high... but feel free to go there, if ants prove to be too easy :twisted:
Last edited by Difas on Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
PURPLE!!!!

PLAYING:
Difas Cend: Gnome Bard, Purple Wonder

Zed: Mule :P

Zacho Cend: Druid of Lia, Slayer of Umgahs
BaskingDemon
Count
Count

Post by BaskingDemon »

Trudes wrote:Agree's with winter, i've been soloing in there from lvl 21 with my sneaker, picking off lone umgahs. However there's no way i'd go alone down there with other builds until pretty high lvl :roll:
Trudes how'd you get so.. BADASS?? :o
Trudes
Count
Count

Post by Trudes »

LOL Demon.... I had an excellent teacher :wink:
wdpepsiman
Count
Count

Post by wdpepsiman »

as for buying dragon slippers, well i understand them to be a drop only now.

as for umgah's even soloing i have a hard time with 10 or more at a time, it is best to take a friend with you

good hunting
Difas
Duke
Duke

Post by Difas »

or you can do like me, and be imune to them :twisted:
PURPLE!!!!

PLAYING:
Difas Cend: Gnome Bard, Purple Wonder

Zed: Mule :P

Zacho Cend: Druid of Lia, Slayer of Umgahs
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

I've heard a new name for the Umgahs ... Jedi Scorpions!! I like it! But dark jedi of course!
Lukas_Mandingo
Duke
Duke

Post by Lukas_Mandingo »

you should fight the mindflayer, they are easy
Thanatos
Duke
Duke

Post by Thanatos »

As I have a knack for finding ridiculous problems, I will atest to the difficulty of the "jedi scorpions". I rolled down there with my lvl 33 fighter build. The archers were no problem, as long as there were only 2 or 3 of them. It's when the other boys showed up that problems started occuring. I can resist about half of the ant knockdowns encountered, but very rarely do I resist an Umgah KD.

There are some easier places to go (i.e. mind-flayers, even though they do get me occasionally with that spell), but I'd be cautious just where you're running around down there. Now, granted, I've been known to fall into extremely odd and rare circumstances, but beware of that horrid beast that hides in the smiley area. We did NOT get along.
Fact: Ninjas are mammals
Fact: Ninjas fight ALL the time
Valnir
Count
Count

Post by Valnir »

Hou might want to find some blackstone shield with knock down immunity.
Buy it, steal it or just win it in a challenge. any thing with kd immunity works.
Best would be the Dragon slippers
Valnir Raven