gems and potions changing to stolen items

Report any bugs you find here.
SkyBlues87
Duke
Duke

gems and potions changing to stolen items

Post by SkyBlues87 »

I have noticed over the last day or so that stackable items particularly like gems (ie sapphires,diamonds, etc..) are changing from good to being marked as stolen...

This first happened when i had 3 emeralds and I found a 4th in loot chest, it then stacked with the other 3 but when i went to sell them all 4 were reported as stolen item ... Previously to gathering the 4th I had checked on the other 3 and were of good (ie, not stolen) quality...

Again I noticed this was also happening to cure crit potions I'd pick up some either from a merchant or as loot and the previously good ones either turned stolen or would not stack and later become stolen...

Not a major problem with such potions but it severely effects the value of the higher end gems Tpoaz and upwards... Particularly as I tend to save them as a gold alternative to bank notes...

Could you take a look and see what is happening here please Driller when you have some spare time ...
Where there is a will there will be a way...
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: gems and potions changing to stolen items

Post by driller »

Have you been stealing items? It sounds like you have a stolen item and when you picked up an item of the same type, the stacks got merged.
SkyBlues87 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:40 am I have noticed over the last day or so that stackable items particularly like gems (ie sapphires,diamonds, etc..) are changing from good to being marked as stolen...

This first happened when i had 3 emeralds and I found a 4th in loot chest, it then stacked with the other 3 but when i went to sell them all 4 were reported as stolen item ... Previously to gathering the 4th I had checked on the other 3 and were of good (ie, not stolen) quality...

Again I noticed this was also happening to cure crit potions I'd pick up some either from a merchant or as loot and the previously good ones either turned stolen or would not stack and later become stolen...

Not a major problem with such potions but it severely effects the value of the higher end gems Tpoaz and upwards... Particularly as I tend to save them as a gold alternative to bank notes...

Could you take a look and see what is happening here please Driller when you have some spare time ...
SkyBlues87
Duke
Duke

Post by SkyBlues87 »

Yes been stealing but not one of those emeralds i spoke of was acquired by stealing they all including the 4th one came from either Lia gifts or monster loot chests... But even so they should not merge in any event...
SkyBlues87
Duke
Duke

Post by SkyBlues87 »

Wondering if I kept the stolen gems in a bag and the good ones in another bag, would that stop them from merging as you put it Driller ?
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I'm not sure. You would have to experiment.
SkyBlues87 wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:33 am Wondering if I kept the stolen gems in a bag and the good ones in another bag, would that stop them from merging as you put it Driller ?
Mask-inc
Duke
Duke

Post by Mask-inc »

Wondering if I kept the stolen gems in a bag and the good ones in another bag, would that stop them from merging as you put it Driller ?
yes it would prevent them from combining

Mask
**Master Halaster Blackcloak, Los Illuminados Alianza Grand Master**

Minion- Impling
Sir Del Goodman- Exile from Starkson Protectorate
Karthak Strongarms- Slayer of Undead
Rikus Strongarms- Grand Scythe Master
Lomnek Strongarms- Dwarven Tank
SkyBlues87
Duke
Duke

Post by SkyBlues87 »

driller wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:16 am I'm not sure. You would have to experiment.
SkyBlues87 wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:33 am Wondering if I kept the stolen gems in a bag and the good ones in another bag, would that stop them from merging as you put it Driller ?
Experiment under way will update here one way or another pershaps in a week's time...