Deity and Alignment Changes

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
The Flying Rodent
Count
Count

Deity and Alignment Changes

Post by The Flying Rodent »

Hey all. There’s probably a post about this somewhere in here, but I couldn’t find it quickly so I decided to just create another one.

Couple of questions:

1. Can one change their Deity here? And what are the details? Say as a Paladin who decided to have a change of heart and convert their faith to Lia or Kazra.

2. What’s the ethics on creating character builds that span alignments? Say something like a Paladin / Blackguard with silly save boosts (not actually a character I have in mind, but just as an example).

Edit:

https://www.blackstonekeep.com/viewtopi ... =16&t=3018

Found this, which answers some questions but not all. So any info on the above would be appreciated! =)
Kazrite Army Members:

Gladdis the Damned
Thanatos
Omegon
Baron
Baron

Re: Deity and Alignment Changes

Post by Omegon »

Not sure about the first question about changing deity.

But the one about combining classes I found this:

Mechanics: Build Restrictions

Just about anything you can imagine is acceptable when it comes to character build and class selection with one exception: Alignment Specific Classes.

Lawful based classes, such as:
Paladin
Monk
Dwarven Defender

Should never be mixed with Chaos based classes, such as:
Bard
Barbarian
This was directed towards people who would use hacks to bypass the old ELC/It looks like Beamdog has more robust character checking in place. -driller

So maybe the Paladin/Blackguard case falls under this?
The Flying Rodent
Count
Count

Post by The Flying Rodent »

Sort of. AFAIK, there’s no mechanism in BSK to become more Lawful or Chaotic, which means that mixing the classes listed above would more than likely require some sort of hack, which is illegal.

However, there IS to my knowledge a mechanism in game for moving between good and evil; changing a deity. So if this is the case, is mixing of alignment specific classes allowed?
Kazrite Army Members:

Gladdis the Damned
Thanatos
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

You can change deities at their temples all you want.
Brick Thrower
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Brick Thrower »

How does my PC become more good? It's super easy to become more evil just by killing commoners, but I have never found a way to become more good. I asked John the Cleric in game and he told me to visit the temples. None of those clerics have any dialog options for me except my own god. "You aren't a worshipper of XXX"
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

What are you trying to accomplish?
Brick Thrower wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:31 am How does my PC become more good? It's super easy to become more evil just by killing commoners, but I have never found a way to become more good. I asked John the Cleric in game and he told me to visit the temples. None of those clerics have any dialog options for me except my own god. "You aren't a worshipper of XXX"
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

Side note:
I'm not sure if the deities work along the lawful - neutral - chaotic axle, the evil - neutral - good axis.
What if I want to be NG and be "good" and walk around with wings and still be worshipping Lia as "neutral". I don't think it works that way today.

Also, suppose you do Rordrans quest line as a goody-two-shoes, then you lose some alignment points. It would be nice if there was a restitution or "fix it" quest, that you could do. "Save the puppy, return to good alignment".

2 cents thrown in.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

In the scheme of things, how does this affect you?
Cornflower wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:49 am Side note:
I'm not sure if the deities work along the lawful - neutral - chaotic axle, the evil - neutral - good axis.
What if I want to be NG and be "good" and walk around with wings and still be worshipping Lia as "neutral". I don't think it works that way today.

Also, suppose you do Rordrans quest line as a goody-two-shoes, then you lose some alignment points. It would be nice if there was a restitution or "fix it" quest, that you could do. "Save the puppy, return to good alignment".

2 cents thrown in.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

I think you can say it's "nice to have", not essential.

For instance, I'd love to be able to wear celestial wings and still worship Lia as a NG. I'd also love to be able to repair the damage to my alignment that I messed up by doing Rordrans quest line with my goody-good toon.

Still, didn't mean to hijack the thread, but I thought it was related.
driller wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:29 am In the scheme of things, how does this affect you?
Cornflower wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:49 am Side note:

2 cents thrown in.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)