About gods and prayers

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

About gods and prayers

Post by Cornflower »

I have a religious character who often prays to her deity. Now, if I remember correctly, when you arrive att BSK first time, you can choose deity and subrace. In the description of Eon, I think it says something about "random reward on praying". So, how does that work? I know that Vor spawns for you in combat and Lia can spawn extra chests, but how does Eon reward work? Is there a text recognition so if your character says "Hi Eon" or something, you have a chance, or do you need to use the emote for medidate, or what?

Just curious.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
Kalizzle
Count
Count

Re: About gods and prayers

Post by Kalizzle »

You receive a prayer ring and will randomly be rewarded after one of the times you use it.
-Lady Sabel
Kane0
Duke
Duke

Post by Kane0 »

It seems really lacklustre compared to all three other options, but thats just me.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

Kalizzle wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:36 pm You receive a prayer ring and will randomly be rewarded after one of the times you use it.
Thank you!
Kane0 wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:17 pm It seems really lacklustre compared to all three other options, but thats just me.
Yeah, I've played characters now with almost all the Deities. I'd be hard-pressed to pick anything other than Lia. If you're neutral you get somewhere about 400% more loot, which is significant. You'll get four times richer and find four times more Forge Stones, compared to Vor that will spawn the occasional companion or revive you. The imbalance is huge, unless I'm missing something. All my new characters are neutral and worshipping Lia unless they have to be something else (like a paladin).

Now, I hope driller doesn't run off and nerf Lia drops, that's not my point. I like the fact that gods are active, I just think the others should be as generous as Lia.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
Wing--Zero
Duke
Duke

Post by Wing--Zero »

Kazra -smites your enemies for you giving you the xp you would earn for it(Thats his big one) and gives double xp at times. He also now gives players a power up which is very handy at times

Vor- gives xp upon rest,heals player to full health and also giving you one of the toughest monsters in the game at a higher level the Celestial Warrior(which is his big one).

Lia- raises a player and gives loot(which is a HUGE one).

Eon- gives Xp, and items (Holy Armor of Eon) upon praying. There may be something I'm missing with Eon but, he could use a additional gift if those are the only two things .

All the gods give something special and do something great! They have variety. Eon is a little lack luster for being the Overgod but, I think the loot thing should stay with JUST Lia(because that's a big one that makes her special) in my opinion. Since Eon is Overgod maybe upon prayer have him give a random of Buffing, Xp(which is already there), and add additional items to his template or have him raise a player upon there death.

Drillers done some amazing work with the God rewards compared to how they use to be. Lia has always been a fan favorite for extra drops. Vor and Kazra finally give you more than just a "Ata boy" now but, poor Eon still likes to give these out for praying :P
Duo Maxwell
Auran Goodman
Damian Goodman
Daniel Goodman
Karn
Aye Spyu
Heia The Deamon
and some others :P
Log-ins: Zero, X, X_Mule, Z_mule
Kane0
Duke
Duke

Post by Kane0 »

For me it’s because Eon requires you to equip the ring and use it, but only once per rest, which includes an animation and wait time. The others give you benefits for things you already do, at no cost.

If the current gods already provide XP, loot, summons, heals, buffs and kills then there is a limited selection of things Eon could do in the same manner that wont double up. Debuff enemies? Refill spell slots and other per-rest abilities? Access to a special store or shop discounts?
birdman076
Commoner
Commoner

Post by birdman076 »

Eon is an over god above the rest correct? Maybe a randomization of all the other gods gifts? A very small percentage chance of course as not to make it unbalanced. It does happen, just not very often.