Forge Stones

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Samhain
Commoner
Commoner

Forge Stones

Post by Samhain »

When I first began playing here, about a month ago or so, I found forge stones fairly easily. None of the good ones, however. Bronze, Jade, Indigo, Purple etc.

But of late I have found only 1-2 in the past 2-3 weeks. Have they been made more rare. Or is there something I can do to increase my chances of finding one?

I know the gong sounds to indicate an exceptional loot drop. Will it sound for a forge stone?
T'banyin
Duke
Duke

Post by T'banyin »

True, lately forgestones have not been as abundant.

One russet forgey, is all I have found in over a month.
It could be exceptionally bad luck, but it seems the loot tables are abit off, yesterday in the Ettins I got from every loot bag ( and I mean every bag ) for a whole reset 461 gold.
After the reset I got 141 gold, each time until I decided to move on to other places.It wasn't just a couple bads, but 'all' :P

With the exception of gongs. I got 2 gongs out there and they were both random.
~~I am the cat who walks by himself~~
Azure
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Azure »

I have to say that having come back recently after a lengthy break from BSK forge stone drops are verging on very rare status, its not a level thing either as some have suggested. I have found less than 10 socket gems as well and my current char is now up at season 32.

Something has changed either intentional or not in the treasure table but it has definately changed perhaps i am fortunate that i have some good friends that have given me a few forges and socket gems i have thus needed so far.

But there will come a point at this rate where the generousity will dry up if these crafting forgies and gems continue to be too hard to find, that will mean people just won't share them even with their friends. And the price for trying to buy your need will sky-rocket out of reach of most PC's ability to pay.
Samhain
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Samhain »

I find more than enough socket gems. especially the crappy ones. like Cunic Zigil Dak etc. The green ones seem to be the most predominant ones behind those.
Berforam
Count
Count

Post by Berforam »

Seems driller keep changing forge stones drop rate from time to time.(i think, this is what it seems) This way he can control the situation and make them more rare if he wishes. (and they are supposed to be rare, even the crappy ones)

But for my 2.5 years i played here, sometimes i find good ones all the time and sometimes i stay months without finding one.
ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

Post by ValentianNizzle »

I can't remember the last time I found a forge stone... But loot has been better as of late. Forge stones go down and my pockets go up. I can live with that.

=D>
Lady Tray'o Curs-ed Song
Baron
Baron

Post by Lady Tray'o Curs-ed Song »

I would just like to support the notion that forge stones have been relegated to extremely rare status. I've noticed it. It sucks. But what can you do.

I can fight Umgahs for 6 hours straight and only get 5 potions of cure minor wounds, an unidentified axe, one dak, and 2 potions of cure critical wounds. I lie not. This actually happened to me. That sucks.
Lady Tray'o Curs-ed Song: First Knight of Blood

Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

Hah! I want to see "Double Forge Stone Drop Rate" Day happen! That's a way better holiday than Flag Day.
ZOMFGOMBIES!
T'banyin
Duke
Duke

Post by T'banyin »

Yeah I found two Scarlets back then .... sadly they are long gone now :P
~~I am the cat who walks by himself~~
Guten Raynor
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Guten Raynor »

I am all the sudden very rich.

Hooray forgey horders like me...

I personally have a stash of over 50 on old characters I have. All sorts of lovely blues and scarlets... some silvers and golds... all the colors of the rainbow and then some :D
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

Nizzle has a very large amount. it's more than 50, put it that way.
Wasqa
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Wasqa »

Hiya all,

I am pretty new here, and not sure how good the dropps used to be, I have a few forgestones on my 3 characters, but not sure what is conseedered good once or bad once. Is there a forge stone smithing guide anywhere that could explain a bit more what those stones do? When it just sais "it is known to increase the Armor AC and Weapon's enhancment" does not tell me much. How much more AC or Damage? Would it stuck on top of the existing AC or enhancement modiffyer? All the forge operator sais that I need to use unmodified items, does it mean I can only use regular items with out any enhancements already on them? Can I use socketed items, and do both Forge stones and Socket gems/Runnes?

Or I just need to try it on my own to find out what it does, and if I ruin the what seems a rare drop, tough luck?

Thanks,

Wasqa.
ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

Post by ValentianNizzle »

Wasqa wrote:Hiya all,

I am pretty new here, and not sure how good the dropps used to be, I have a few forgestones on my 3 characters, but not sure what is conseedered good once or bad once. Is there a forge stone smithing guide anywhere that could explain a bit more what those stones do? When it just sais "it is known to increase the Armor AC and Weapon's enhancment" does not tell me much. How much more AC or Damage? Would it stuck on top of the existing AC or enhancement modiffyer? All the forge operator sais that I need to use unmodified items, does it mean I can only use regular items with out any enhancements already on them? Can I use socketed items, and do both Forge stones and Socket gems/Runnes?

Or I just need to try it on my own to find out what it does, and if I ruin the what seems a rare drop, tough luck?

Thanks,

Wasqa.
Information concerning forge stones and their properties as well as uses are to be kept as IC information as per Driller's request.
HolyWann
Commoner
Commoner

Post by HolyWann »

And unfortunately, people who knows the effects tend not to tell to others...
Zacarias
Duke
Duke
Location: Chesapeake, VA - West of Virginia Beach and South of Norfolk Naval Base.

Post by Zacarias »

Now is certainly the time to sell forgestones, thats for sure. But the people who have the money are usually the people with the forgestones....Thats bad buisness. Its like trying to sell a TV to some guys in Africa without power. Or like trying to sell a Hummer to some poor homeless guy. But every now and then they surprise you....

....But I ramble on. Yes, it does appear that the forge stone drop rate has decreased quite a bit. But is that really a bad thing? Certainly not to me. I HAVE forgestones. This will keep the veterans like me on top while all the newbies scrape around the Keep for some. Think about it. Pretty soon I'll start offering forgestones to guild members, and then think of the membership! Oh, how the bourgeoisie rule!

But I ramble on....again. Please excuse me.
We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sound of the thunder.
We danced among the lightning bolts,
and tore the world asunder.