Subrace Problem

Report any bugs you find here.
Lilia
Baron
Baron

Subrace Problem

Post by Lilia »

I took the subrace Saban, it states it gives Power Attack as a bonus feat. However when I level up, it is still showing as an available feat and I cant progress to Cleave.

Regards
Attachments
Problem with Subrace - Saban.gif
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Subrace Problem

Post by driller »

Feats added by skins are not counted by the engine as a valid feat. This is a built-in limitation of the Bioware engine.

-driller
Lilia wrote:I took the subrace Saban, it states it gives Power Attack as a bonus feat. However when I level up, it is still showing as an available feat and I cant progress to Cleave.

Regards
Necro
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Necro »

My group just ran into the same problem. The stat change is cool, but kinda burned 2 characters at creation because of it, lol! Isn't Beamdog in the works of updating the race creation buttons? So it would count?
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

It all depends on how they do the implementation. If it requires client side 2da changes, I wont be touching it.

-driller
Necro wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 2:27 am My group just ran into the same problem. The stat change is cool, but kinda burned 2 characters at creation because of it, lol! Isn't Beamdog in the works of updating the race creation buttons? So it would count?
Kane0
Duke
Duke

Post by Kane0 »

driller wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 7:12 am It all depends on how they do the implementation. If it requires client side 2da changes, I wont be touching it.
Looks like it will. Nice feature though.

I wonder if CEP or similar will start making use of it, with the change to the Documents folder for clientside changes and the Steam Workshop it's certainly a lot more straightforward than it used to be.
Graves
Baron
Baron

Post by Graves »

Currently it's pretty much never worth taking subraces. It's a bit misleading and perhaps the subtext of the explanation dialogue should explain that these bonuses/penalties are applied as if they were item/spell effects and not inherent changes to your character sheet.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

You have to have haks to make proper subraces. I have changed the text to point this out.

-driller
Graves wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:40 am Currently it's pretty much never worth taking subraces. It's a bit misleading and perhaps the subtext of the explanation dialogue should explain that these bonuses/penalties are applied as if they were item/spell effects and not inherent changes to your character sheet.
Graves
Baron
Baron

Post by Graves »

Right, which is understandable. Thanks for clarifying that on the subrace menu -- I could see people taking them for RP reasons, but it's nice that they'll have a heads up on the mechanics now.