BSK Maps

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

sgtshin
Baron
Baron

Post by sgtshin »

Very cool- thanks Driller-

All- Fengrenoth the Wander is offering his services.. er...as a guide.. and maybe even a map of the places ye seek.. for very, very, very resonable fees...(though the maps ain't as purty as Viobane's!!!)

Uh.. Driller ... I hope that last chapter doesn't mean bye bye... I'l like to see Shalnath once more ... with less than 30 players having to all go in to do it... LoL!
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. ^.^
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

Considering that I probably won't be getting NWN2 for a while (unless I can find a way to upgrade laptop video cards, which does not seem likely), I sure hope that BSK1 still has a long life span ahead! I still have to get to lvl40, let alone encounter Shalnath. I did during a mapping stint go to the middle of the underdark, but the demons saw past my invisibility and killed me before I got into the dungeon.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I will leave BSK up for a while, but eventually I will have to repurpose the server.

-driller
viobane wrote:Considering that I probably won't be getting NWN2 for a while (unless I can find a way to upgrade laptop video cards, which does not seem likely), I sure hope that BSK1 still has a long life span ahead! I still have to get to lvl40, let alone encounter Shalnath. I did during a mapping stint go to the middle of the underdark, but the demons saw past my invisibility and killed me before I got into the dungeon.
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

Just as when Driller temporarily took down BSK before, when the time comes those who do not have NWN2 will still have many NWN1 options.

Several of those here at BSK have our own servers we work on when not active here.

Demitri is developing NXR with someone whose name I have forgot.
Jazelle and I have LoT up and running in Beta.
Last I heard, Cybermagi has her own module which is reportedly pretty good.
Bowwe has a server which I believe is still up.
And there unconfirmed rumors that Gibbo has plans for a server.
Also... Shiek2005, is new to these parts, but I understand he either has or is developing a server.

I will leave it up to each of these people to confirm if their servers are up and what the stage of development is (if any). I can tell you that everyone in the above list is very creative and should they host a server, no doubt each would be enjoyable.

I would like to avoid the antics of competition which took place last year when BSK was going down. Several people pressed for polling and votes and trying to steer players and then they got their feeling hurt when they did not "win".... as if the competion of it was valid to begin with. The point is to play and have fun with friends.

BSK will be here for a while yet. Those who enjoy BSK should stay and not stress out over how long it will be up. Driller gave a few weeks of warning last time and there is no reason for anyone to panic over the possibility of it just going 'Poof' unannounced.

If your really attached to your characters and want them for SP play or Local Vault play, use the Save Charater option.

When Driller decides that it is time to wrap up BSK1, have no doubt that you will have many worthy options made available to you to explore.

Or... maybe.... NWN2 will tank out and Driller will keep BSK1 indefinantly :)

Myle
Artist? Writer? Musician?
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
http://www.myspace.com/st_dm_myle
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

If NWN2 tanks, I will probably upload all modules I have made to the vault.

-driller
ST_DM_Myle wrote:Just as when Driller temporarily took down BSK before, when the time comes those who do not have NWN2 will still have many NWN1 options.

Several of those here at BSK have our own servers we work on when not active here.

Demitri is developing NXR with someone whose name I have forgot.
Jazelle and I have LoT up and running in Beta.
Last I heard, Cybermagi has her own module which is reportedly pretty good.
Bowwe has a server which I believe is still up.
And there unconfirmed rumors that Gibbo has plans for a server.
Also... Shiek2005, is new to these parts, but I understand he either has or is developing a server.

I will leave it up to each of these people to confirm if their servers are up and what the stage of development is (if any). I can tell you that everyone in the above list is very creative and should they host a server, no doubt each would be enjoyable.

I would like to avoid the antics of competition which took place last year when BSK was going down. Several people pressed for polling and votes and trying to steer players and then they got their feeling hurt when they did not "win".... as if the competion of it was valid to begin with. The point is to play and have fun with friends.

BSK will be here for a while yet. Those who enjoy BSK should stay and not stress out over how long it will be up. Driller gave a few weeks of warning last time and there is no reason for anyone to panic over the possibility of it just going 'Poof' unannounced.

If your really attached to your characters and want them for SP play or Local Vault play, use the Save Charater option.

When Driller decides that it is time to wrap up BSK1, have no doubt that you will have many worthy options made available to you to explore.

Or... maybe.... NWN2 will tank out and Driller will keep BSK1 indefinantly :)

Myle
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

you seem to have forgotten HighlandSaga Myle :)
Caesius
Duke
Duke

Post by Caesius »

I doubt Myle intended his list to be exhaustive. And I'm not sure but I had gotten the impression that the HS team is developing an NWN2 incarnation.
The only constant is change.
T'banyin
Duke
Duke

Post by T'banyin »

~~I am the cat who walks by himself~~
Difas
Duke
Duke

Post by Difas »

we be off topic, no? where are the maps?
PURPLE!!!!

PLAYING:
Difas Cend: Gnome Bard, Purple Wonder

Zed: Mule :P

Zacho Cend: Druid of Lia, Slayer of Umgahs
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

Maps = Work in Progress

Current Status = Delayed due to NaNoWriMo

ETA = Unknown

Completed Areas = 112 of ???, Underworld mapped 20/25 areas, Areas mapped up to Troll Cave / Start of Wastes

Additional Info = Contact viobane IG to assist
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

Last I heard, the HS crew had abandoned NWN1 and was solely working on NWN2.

If anyone knows the specifics, feel free to educate.

Myle
Artist? Writer? Musician?
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
http://www.myspace.com/st_dm_myle
Caesius
Duke
Duke

Post by Caesius »

Looks like they already put up a mod. But I was getting a texturing error with what I think should have been the snow. It looked more like a checkerboard of yellow, red, greed and blue with some text on it. Probably a placeholder texture or something.

It's not very big yet and still relatively uninhabited. But the curious can find the necessary files here:

http://www.highlandsaga.net/
The only constant is change.
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

The guys at HS are working on the texture issue. Phaylon and Phobos have no issue seeing the textures, its only the players that are having the problem.
wdpepsiman
Count
Count

Post by wdpepsiman »

if it is a problem for the players then it is a problem for the server

also i kept crashing there

i also beta tested an early mod for bsk2 and i had no problems whatsoever.

on another note: never fear dialup peeps: i only have access to dialup and it played well for me, the mod loaded relatively quick compared to dsl and cable.