BSK Maps

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

Look for the skulls outside the door!
ZOMFGOMBIES!
Dyremoore
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Dyremoore »

Ok, not sure where to just "go in" at...

Also, I try not to violate PvP rules. Do I have to kill a town npc to gain access?
"...we will restore chaos and order."

Key toons:
Kra'kk Bone'zz
Elvis Shadowmaker
Bloodfangz (son of Kra'kk)
Zacarias
Duke
Duke
Location: Chesapeake, VA - West of Virginia Beach and South of Norfolk Naval Base.

Post by Zacarias »

Or seek out the man named Ander...at one time, he committed numerous muders in that place (remember that, anyone?) and after that, he was the sole leader of that guild. But he has retired, and anyone who wants to get in can get in for all he cares.
We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sound of the thunder.
We danced among the lightning bolts,
and tore the world asunder.
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

Snoop around the sewers enterance.

Bones! Can't you do something?

He's dead, Jim. I'm a doctor, not a miracle worker!
ZOMFGOMBIES!
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

Zacarias wrote: Or seek out the man named Ander...at one time, he committed numerous muders in that place (remember that, anyone?) and after that, he was the sole leader of that guild. But he has retired, and anyone who wants to get in can get in for all he cares.

I think you're thinking of the shadowstalkers guild... right?

The assassin guild is sorta like the thieves den. NPC run place. I think! I dunno... I don't play an assassin. =/
ZOMFGOMBIES!
Dyremoore
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Dyremoore »

Thank you all for your input. I feel smarter now.

...and more "assassiny" :lol:
"...we will restore chaos and order."

Key toons:
Kra'kk Bone'zz
Elvis Shadowmaker
Bloodfangz (son of Kra'kk)
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

Hey, if you get real good at the whole assassin thing, lemme know. I got work for you :P
ZOMFGOMBIES!
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

*casts greater sanctuary*

ha.
Zacarias
Duke
Duke
Location: Chesapeake, VA - West of Virginia Beach and South of Norfolk Naval Base.

Post by Zacarias »

Gibbo wrote:
Zacarias wrote: Or seek out the man named Ander...at one time, he committed numerous muders in that place (remember that, anyone?) and after that, he was the sole leader of that guild. But he has retired, and anyone who wants to get in can get in for all he cares.

I think you're thinking of the shadowstalkers guild... right?

The assassin guild is sorta like the thieves den. NPC run place. I think! I dunno... I don't play an assassin. =/
No, that was the Assassin's guild. Believe me, there are 3 sneaker guilds, or more. The thieves' guild, the Assassins' guild, and the Shadowstalkers' guild. Not many people know about the Assassins' Guild :ninja:
We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sound of the thunder.
We danced among the lightning bolts,
and tore the world asunder.
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

i remember ander. That man was a genious. I was the Gsanced guy in the corner, hiding.
Difas
Duke
Duke

Post by Difas »

how is the mapping siuation?
PURPLE!!!!

PLAYING:
Difas Cend: Gnome Bard, Purple Wonder

Zed: Mule :P

Zacho Cend: Druid of Lia, Slayer of Umgahs
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

I've been having a bit of a problem lvling past 20, so I was unable to go much further on the map situation without being invisible all the time, and that only works so far... However, I am happy to say that I just brought one of my chars to lvl 22, so perhaps I will at some time make it all the way up to 40? In any case, I've mapped a couple new areas and continue to work at it. I have about 60 maps compiled so far.
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

Ummmmm... Make that 112 so far. I have the underdark except the 4 tough areas and the middle (Umgahs, Mindflayers, Beholders, Drow). and I have a couple that I think driller has removed (the isle of terror? Last time I was in that area, the zone wasn't accessible anymore)
sgtshin
Baron
Baron

Maps

Post by sgtshin »

Hmm..

I didn't want to say anything earlier.. BUT.. I'm looking for Driller's concise opinion on the matter now.

I have complete maps of the server.. all on graph.. with all points of interest....and I do mean all. That being said, I've never said anything to anyone, or offered that, cause it's really for the use of 1 character- (my Ranger)...I did this by simply exploring, conquering, and drawing.

The idea of maps being posted or sold IG to me.. well.. is... hhhm
I think its not cool. I guess I feel that if we do that... we should be able to publish all things known about forging, and the stones as well.
The fun of playing on any server, is actually having to do the exploring, and having to work hard to level to gain access to go places- and your character taking notes as to where you've been and what was there.

If I could have bought a map up front.. I sure would have saved lots of hours of game time having to RP to get info... and having to explore and die to figure out where I was going... but I would have not had the fun I had in doing all that either. Of course... I'm good with direction anyway.. and I clearly see many players are confused.. about where they are.. .even after they've been there. Maps are good for that.. but shouldn't each person playing take the time to draw a box, put the transitions on it.. and draw the next one.. so they know where they are at or where they've been.. old PnP D&D style??

I like the idea of maps where it would concern a quest.. as in.. you have to find a map.. that leads you somewhere.. or .. get pieces to make a whole map that ties to some quest or something.

So... I kind of want to hear what Driller has to say or think about it. If Driller says its all good (after all there used to be a link to a map of the Underdark).. then it is.. and I can make mine available IG... if it really isn't.. then...
Last edited by sgtshin on Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:01 pm, edited 5 times in total.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. ^.^
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

BSK1 is on it's last chapter. Go ahead and post the maps.

-driller