Guild Clarification

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
Garek
Knight
Knight

Re: Guild Clarification

Post by Garek »

Cornflower wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:16 am
Talk: In character, unless you use (( or //.
Tells: Out of character, unless it's clear by context, such as *a messenger runs up to you with a note from Valery*.
Party: Depends on the party, if it's a gang of RP:ers, it can be IC, if not, it can be OOC.

The reason this works so well, is that if you're a couple of players engaging in some RP, it's a terrible moodbreaker if someone comes up and starts talking OOC all of the sudden. It breaks the immersion. Now, if you don't like RP, or fell that you're too old for it, or something, it would still be very polite and considerate to not use talk for OOC, unless you use (( or //.

Anyway, that's my thoughts about this.

Over the years, I've found that this works regardless of "Heavy RP", "Light RP" or whatever.
This is EXACTLY HOW it should work and can be policed as such!

I have personally been much heavier on power-gaming, building, etc. but RESPECT others so I stay IC when talking out loud. I do not force my wishes on others.

IF, you cannot do that then maybe you should find a pure Action Server. Ruining others RP because you don't like it is not acceptable.

FYI, my new character will be Chaotic Evil and tends to murder people he/she deems "Crazy". If you run up and OOC talk, you will appear crazy to him/her and you might die! How's that for RP?

Respect others and you will receive respect. Disrespect others and you will receive death (in-game only of course). In real life, you'll just be lonely.
DM_eaze
Viceroy
Viceroy

Re: Guild Clarification

Post by DM_eaze »

Clarification on this topic is always healthy for the guilds on the server. Please note that speculations or jumping to conclusions about whether scenario A or B may be a right fit for you may cause more confusion than good. This is why the DM team worked hard on writing Blackstone Keep: Introduction and Guidelines which touches on the many questions that are brought up in this thread. Feedback on the rules is welcome in a PM to the DM team.

There are some points that needed some clarification on our rules, I have therefore updated The rules of engagement to include:
driller wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:25 pm A player should not use more than one account in a PvP situation.
To also help bring clarification to this:
Gimili wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:14 am
Jake_Master wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:11 pm Just cruious as to how many people 1 singular person can have in a guild? I realize multi boxing is aloud but guilds I think would maybe be under different ruling. I was under the assumption of 1 considering a guild is more geared towards RP. It would seem a person controlling more than 1 character would manipulate situations to better suit themselves, and leaving a character to agree / go along with anything the other character controlled by the same person is seeking or wanting... seems far from RP oriented and a bit distasteful. However, would like to know the official ruling on 1 person having multiple characters within a guild.
IMO as long as you arent multiboxing in PvP... theres no reason you can't have multiple characters RP, For example I use Balrog and Gimili to RP. I don't use them both as the same time in PVP as that would be against the rules. But in RP, Banter, conversations, ETC I use them both.
It is up to each one of the guilds to decide if their housing members are from multiple accounts or not, however, the rules will apply to them.
DM eaze