Thanks to the many players that helped Styxxium

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

Post by ValentianNizzle »

Thanatos wrote:
ValentianNizzle wrote: Tho, I generally do raise people I see dead on the ground if they ask... politely.
Is this before or after you quote them a price? :P
Before, of course.
dmcclain
Count
Count

Post by dmcclain »

ValentianNizzle wrote:

Tho, I generally do raise people I see dead on the ground if they ask... politely.

Is this before or after you quote them a price?

Definitely the Ferengi way, but I think Nizzle has a good heart. If they ask nicely he'll only charge 10% of their gp to rez them :)

One treky to another.
"People in Icewater want Hell!"

~Harley Quinn, Batman Hush
ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

dmcclain wrote:ValentianNizzle wrote:

Tho, I generally do raise people I see dead on the ground if they ask... politely.

Is this before or after you quote them a price?

Definitely the Ferengi way, but I think Nizzle has a good heart. If they ask nicely he'll only charge 10% of their gp to rez them :)

One treky to another.
I got a Ferengi business sense. But a Starfleet personality, I assure you.
Thanatos
Duke
Duke

Post by Thanatos »

You seem really nice at first...and THEN you hit 'em with the price tag...most profitable
Fact: Ninjas are mammals
Fact: Ninjas fight ALL the time
dmcclain
Count
Count

Post by dmcclain »

Vulcan science academy here.

ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

Thanatos wrote:You seem really nice at first...and THEN you hit 'em with the price tag...most profitable
Naturally. Nizzle style.
Fenrip
Duke
Duke

Post by Fenrip »

I'll rez anyone for half his price and, even better, I can logon to play. :lol: :lol:
EliotRey
Baron
Baron

Post by EliotRey »

Wow! Spend a day away from the forums and look what happens... Discussions of alchohol and NWN, Rez's for sale, and Starfleet vs. Other Humanoid sensibilities!

I for one am all for Alchohol + NWN, but that's only when dmcclain is willing to play with me... Wait, did i say that out loud!

As to rez's for sale: Hey... Raise dead scrolls ain't free and it would just be unseemly to raise someone and then leave them with 1 hp, so you're talking an additional cost for healing kits or using healing spells. Or you could go rod of resurrection route, but need we even speak about the cost there?!? I for one applaud Nizzle's business sense... I just hope I don't die low on gp around him! :P
There is a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path.
Doofy Britches
Duke
Duke

Post by Doofy Britches »

Warlock-

That was a great suggestion!

By the way, the only real problem with alcohol and NwN is when you've had too much.. pass out with mouse in hand... and susequently get booted for being AFK...

Then there's always the always the fact that a slight alcohol inducement sometimes aligns perfectly with the server lag so it seems that your game is completely smooth and lag free...
A Master role player is one who is willing and able to bend their character concept to make the game more enjoyable for all involved. To assist the DM in making the game fun, and to not sow discord. - Gary Gygax
dmcclain
Count
Count

Post by dmcclain »

[color=red][color=blue][quote="EliotRey"]Wow! Spend a day away from the forums and look what happens... Discussions of alchohol and NWN, Rez's for sale, and Starfleet vs. Other Humanoid sensibilities!

I for one am all for Alchohol + NWN, but that's only when dmcclain is willing to play with me... Wait, did i say that out loud!

As to rez's for sale: Hey... Raise dead scrolls ain't free and it would just be unseemly to raise someone and then leave them with 1 hp, so you're talking an additional cost for healing kits or using healing spells. Or you could go rod of resurrection route, but need we even speak about the cost there?!? I for one applaud Nizzle's business sense... I just hope I don't die low on gp around him! :P[/quote][/color][/color]

No Alcohol and NWN!!! and how did I get in this? Oh wait...now I remember...hee hee nevermind.

Anyhoo...I don't think anyone has to worry about Nizzle not rezing them because they are low on gp. Like any good Starfleet Ferengi (of which I believe there is only one) he would kindly rez you and charge you a reasonable amount of interest for every day you haven't paid him back.

ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

dmcclain wrote:
EliotRey wrote:Wow! Spend a day away from the forums and look what happens... Discussions of alchohol and NWN, Rez's for sale, and Starfleet vs. Other Humanoid sensibilities!

As to rez's for sale: Hey... Raise dead scrolls ain't free and it would just be unseemly to raise someone and then leave them with 1 hp, so you're talking an additional cost for healing kits or using healing spells. Or you could go rod of resurrection route, but need we even speak about the cost there?!? I for one applaud Nizzle's business sense... I just hope I don't die low on gp around him! :P

No Alcohol and NWN!!! and how did I get in this? Oh wait...now I remember...hee hee nevermind.

Anyhoo...I don't think anyone has to worry about Nizzle not rezing them because they are low on gp. Like any good Starfleet Ferengi (of which I believe there is only one) he would kindly rez you and charge you a reasonable amount of interest for every day you haven't paid him back.
Oh, and I have a Borg Bouncer (Bard/RDD/PM).

So, best pay your dues.
EliotRey
Baron
Baron

Post by EliotRey »

Well... If they look like Seven of Nine then I'll gladly take a beating any day! :P
ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

EliotRey wrote:Well... If they look like Seven of Nine then I'll gladly take a beating any day! :P
Perhaps, but it won't be that kind of beating... Remember, BSK is PG. :P
EliotRey
Baron
Baron

Post by EliotRey »

I know... I know... Ah well, a man can dream, right? Then again, with my luck rating of 0, the borg bouncer will look like Locutus and still want to give me the beating I wanted from Seven of Nine! Oy!!
ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

EliotRey wrote:I know... I know... Ah well, a man can dream, right? Then again, with my luck rating of 0, the borg bouncer will look like Locutus and still want to give me the beating I wanted from Seven of Nine! Oy!!
I do believe Patrick Stewart has a thing or two to say about that. :P