Greater Sanctuary?

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Greater Sanctuary?

Post by Capt Cliff »

Has some one tampered with the affect of the mage spell Greater Sanctuary? I was hunting in the eastern wastes and portalled to the temple, cast it on myself in the temple poped back into the waste via the portal when scorps and giants started chasing me! Yickes I nearly got blasted! I quickly went into the troll cave and invis'd myself to escape. I over heard a mage in the Umgah City saying the same thing happened to them. Please say that the DM's have not dumbed down Greater Sanctuary!
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

lag can nullify the effects of GS.
Fenrip
Duke
Duke

Post by Fenrip »

GS has worked without an issue with even the strongest of monsters every time I've used it.

I was unaware of the lag issue but elsewhere I have had issues where things that were already hostile toward me remained so upon my return, even after leaving the area and casting. However, it was only the baddies I had attacked, no new baddies seemed to see me.
My memory used to be better. Also, my memory used to be better.
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

Just reporting an observation. No badies after me when I portaled to the temple. But badies around the portal when I came back and did I have to boogie! Even the new badies I went past joined in the chase, I felt picked on!
Just wondering if anybody else has noticed this. The lagging has been getting worse and worse! But that's another subject.
BaskingDemon
Count
Count

Re: Greater Sanctuary?

Post by BaskingDemon »

Capt Cliff wrote:Has some one tampered with the affect of the mage spell Greater Sanctuary? I was hunting in the eastern wastes and portalled to the temple, cast it on myself in the temple poped back into the waste via the portal when scorps and giants started chasing me! Yickes I nearly got blasted! I quickly went into the troll cave and invis'd myself to escape. I over heard a mage in the Umgah City saying the same thing happened to them. Please say that the DM's have not dumbed down Greater Sanctuary!
Best leave the spellcasting to the grownups if future eh cliffy? :)
Caesius
Duke
Duke

Post by Caesius »

And now for a Public Service Announcement...

And now back to our regularly scheduled program...

I have encountered the situation where Greater Sanctuary fails to operate as advertised. One cause seems to be crossing from area to another. Casting another Greater Sanctuary can work if you seem to be getting more attention than desired.
The only constant is change.
DM Dragonheart
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM Dragonheart »

We the DM's do not have access to scripts and so therefore cannot nerf ...fubar or otherwise mess with what has been implemented in this wonderous server....Just a general FYI for ya there cliffy
And they came from out of the mists... the hordes of undead

Nothing stood in the wake of their path and the carnage and destruction was insurmountable.

Quinon guye captain 7th Guard
BaskingDemon
Count
Count

Post by BaskingDemon »

[quote="Caesius"]And now for a Public Service Announcement...

GRAWWWHHHH...uhg...GRAGNARRGHHHH!!!!
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

Edited by DM Rendyll

No need for this, thank you. If you have issues with others, take it to PM's, not here.
ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

Post by ValentianNizzle »

Oh dear brother.
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

you called Nizzle?
ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

Post by ValentianNizzle »

Pretty Fly White Guy wrote:you called Nizzle?
Some other time perhaps. DM Rendyll seems to have taken care of this before it got out of hand.
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Damn these active DMs!

I don't get to make jibes anymore. they delete all the funny posts :(

I'm kidding. good job :)
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

Maybe I should just lock this thread.

Not for any particular reason. Just because PFWG seems on the verge of being entertained.

:)

Myle
Artist? Writer? Musician?
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
http://www.myspace.com/st_dm_myle
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

I am beginning to think now it might have something to do with the lag on the server we have all been putting up with.