Clearing up the rule on pickpocket

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

DM Rendyll
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM Rendyll »

What if...what if...what if...

Fact of the matter is, if the item is no-drop and you PP'ed it, you are expected to return it, just like forgestones. If you don't, then it is an exploit, as one of the scripts obviously failed and you are exploiting that failure and bragging about it.

DM's have rules to follow, just as players do. If you have a dispute with a DM's call, then bring it up to the DM in question, or another DM, or if you can't do that, bring it to the Lead DM. Regardless, DM disputes should be taken up in PM's, and not posted in the Public forums.

Thank you.
Play by the spirit of the rules, not by the letter of the law.
winteraven
Count
Count

Post by winteraven »

Well said Rendyll thank you :)

1) It was PP'd and said person was informed it was a plot item to be returned. (the script must have broken)

2) Set their rune inside.

3) Were found and killed by Hunters. RP'd searching and removing key and runestone to be reset. He logged.

4) After several attempts at properly RPing said return yes, the key was removed.

These are the facts. The thing is if you get busted, and it is RP'd that they search you for said items... return them. And if they "reset" your runestone, (meaning request that you reset it in a neutral area like the keep) then do so. Obviously you were not meant to be where you were caught trespassing and you were killed for it. Do NOT logoff as your thievery and trespass consents to your being killed and/or hunted as per server rules. You will be rezzed and requested to act accordingly until the matter is resolved. Logging off only makes it worse and as such, a KoS may become established or that char will be regarded as someone that cheats and will not play by those simple rules.

And further more you were caught fairly by 3 Hunters who laid a trap and lay in wait for you to cross into their territory. You were caught and killed and chose to logout instead of see your own act of thievery through. Then try to hide it. They played carefully by the rules until you broke them. Fair is fair after all.

Good luck to you and your chars in future endeavors :)
Happy Gaming :D
~ I kill things and drink potions~
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

In other related news, I offered to advocate on behalf of the players involved and they opted not to take my offer and said it was not worth the effort.

Why it is being brought up again months later is a mystery to me. You were offered your day in court and refused... Dry up and quit your belly acheing.

Myle
Artist? Writer? Musician?
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
http://www.myspace.com/st_dm_myle
LordofUndeath
Commoner
Commoner

Post by LordofUndeath »

winteraven wrote:Well said Rendyll thank you :)

1) It was PP'd and said person was informed it was a plot item to be returned. (the script must have broken)

3) Were found and killed by Hunters. RP'd searching and removing key and runestone to be reset. He logged.

4) After several attempts at properly RPing said return yes, the key was removed.
oh oh let me do one to.

1) It was PP'd and said person did not inform it was a plot item to return (Unless "Give it back or dm dm" subsitus as informing of plot item )

3) The key was removed.

4) Were found and killed by Hunters. OOC beatching for removing key (see 3) and runestone to be reset. He logged.

5) After several attempts at OOC raving for said return yes, He logged.

But hey you got one right! I know it's hard to believe (The hunters would of course never go OOC in any matter or metagame or grief, it's unheard of O.o!) but that's pretty much what happened.
DM Dragonheart
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM Dragonheart »

Ok folks this matter was settled a long time ago why has it in a new year been re-opened this matter has/was dealt with and as Myle and Rendyll have stated all were given their chances to voice matters and sadly no one took the offer up i cant see any real reason why this topic has been re-activated
And they came from out of the mists... the hordes of undead

Nothing stood in the wake of their path and the carnage and destruction was insurmountable.

Quinon guye captain 7th Guard
LordofUndeath
Commoner
Commoner

Post by LordofUndeath »

It was settled how?
DM Dragonheart
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM Dragonheart »

LOD you were given the chance to voice your objections etc but sadly never took the offer up in my eyes this matter has long been closed

End of transmission
And they came from out of the mists... the hordes of undead

Nothing stood in the wake of their path and the carnage and destruction was insurmountable.

Quinon guye captain 7th Guard
LordofUndeath
Commoner
Commoner

Post by LordofUndeath »

I was not aware of that voicing ones objection had a time limitation attached to it.
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

Oh LoU give it a break. It seems pretty clear that this occured months ago. This isn't a court of law with statutes of limitations, but the event occured, it was acted upon and if you did not object in some way AT THAT TIME then give it up!!!

You exploited a script, were given consequences for it and did not accept those consequences. You may have a differing opinion, but as far as server rules go, it seems pretty cut and dry to me.

Oh, BTW, here's a quote from you earlier on this thread:
LordofUndeath wrote:leave the personal opinions out of it (Im sure theres other threads about that). I just want to clear up the rules.
LordofUndeath
Commoner
Commoner

Post by LordofUndeath »

viobane wrote:Oh LoU give it a break. It seems pretty clear that this occured months ago. This isn't a court of law with statutes of limitations, but the event occured, it was acted upon and if you did not object in some way AT THAT TIME then give it up!!!

You exploited a script, were given consequences for it and did not accept those consequences. You may have a differing opinion, but as far as server rules go, it seems pretty cut and dry to me.

Oh, BTW, here's a quote from you earlier on this thread:
LordofUndeath wrote:leave the personal opinions out of it (Im sure theres other threads about that). I just want to clear up the rules.
And cleared up they were (without personal opinions), which took the thread into a whole new direction don't you think in which my objections were brought up AT THAT TIME.

alas the consequences of said abuse (that was by no part identified as an abuse see 1 of fabulous list up.) and this thread isn't the petition 'Get my stolen stolen key back'. Do i agree/accept that said key was taken? Yes. Do i agree on the way? No.
Let's also make one thing clear if said DM in player disguse had said "Okay the PP script is propably broken the key isn't supposed to be PPed may i have it back please?" instead of "Give it back or i'll bust the dm on you" i would have returned the key.
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

And listen up kids... Let this be a lesson that it's a dangerous thing to steal. All kinds of bad things can happen: hurt feelings, criminal record, jail time, DM intervention, and maybe even whining... :roll:
ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

Post by ValentianNizzle »

And the show goes on! I need popcorn!
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

JerRY!! JerRY!! JerRY!!
winteraven
Count
Count

Post by winteraven »

LordofUndeath wrote:
winteraven wrote:Well said Rendyll thank you :)

oh oh let me do one to.

1) It was PP'd and said person did not inform it was a plot item to return (Unless "Give it back or dm dm" subsitus as informing of plot item )

3) The key was removed.

4) Were found and killed by Hunters. OOC beatching for removing key (see 3) and runestone to be reset. He logged.

5) After several attempts at OOC raving for said return yes, He logged.

But hey you got one right! I know it's hard to believe (The hunters would of course never go OOC in any matter or metagame or grief, it's unheard of O.o!) but that's pretty much what happened.
Oohhh well by all means continue your rant, it was laid to rest in October and Hm, its January. I did not insult you and its not about right or wrong LoU, nor did I throw things in your face. You chose to come back three months later to boast. You point fingers and claim OOC when people are RPing things and in one or two comments to explain or help you to understand the rules. But if you compare your quote against mine you admitted to almost all and agreed with almost all. Either way, this matter was dealt with months ago, let it rest friend. I merely played devil's advocate and made it clear as to the other half of your story. It takes two to tango and I'm done dancing to this tune. Take care.

Happy Gaming! :D
~ I kill things and drink potions~
DM Rendyll
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM Rendyll »

That will do. DM issues, as stated before, should be taken up with the DM in question or the Lead. This has gone on far enough.

Post locked.
Play by the spirit of the rules, not by the letter of the law.