Gurthar's Rhune Stone

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Gurthar's Rhune Stone

Post by Capt Cliff »

The rhune shone at Gurthar's Armor/Weapon's shop, is it of any use? Seem's really expensive for one use items. The "Blackstone Keep Trade Stone".
Doofy Britches
Duke
Duke

Post by Doofy Britches »

Capt Cliff-

Click on it, and "examine" the item with the "eye". IT think its about $80k.. but when you see what it does.. you can determine if its worth the price.

I've never bought one.
A Master role player is one who is willing and able to bend their character concept to make the game more enjoyable for all involved. To assist the DM in making the game fun, and to not sow discord. - Gary Gygax
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

I was wondering if anybody ever bought one and if they found it useful. Price is variable as a function of how Gurther responsed to you.
Caesius
Duke
Duke

Post by Caesius »

As the Trade Bar ablities are only Single Use, I would not consider it worth the price. You can hire a mystic to make some scrolls for you at a fraction of the cost if you have use magic device or the appropriate spellcaster levels.
The only constant is change.
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

I'd be interested in the history of that item... The BSK lore is fascinating. Kind of like the Nachtwolf history.
Kurgan-WL
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Kurgan-WL »

viobane wrote:I'd be interested in the history of that item... The BSK lore is fascinating. Kind of like the Nachtwolf history.

IC or OOC?
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

Well, if it's something that was more used in the past, then I suppose OOC would be most appropriate. It's the history of the server as opposed to a more RP style history of character's use of the item. Either would be interesting, though IMHO.
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

Caesius wrote:As the Trade Bar ablities are only Single Use, I would not consider it worth the price. You can hire a mystic to make some scrolls for you at a fraction of the cost if you have use magic device or the appropriate spellcaster levels.
That's kind of what I figured too! Cheaper to find or create scrolls. Kind of strange why something like that exists in the game. Someone's good idea that went sour.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

The was originally used as a sort of bank. The spells were added to increase the value, it is something Luceran put in years ago. It isn't relevant now.

-driller