AC +2 Items? Word to Shrine 2? No got word when beat shrine 1?

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
Asturonethoriusaline
Baron
Baron

Re: AC +2 Items? Word to Shrine 2? No got word when beat shrine 1?

Post by Asturonethoriusaline »

Fenrip1 wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:05 am Arturo - when are you generally on and what is your character's name? I'll help you out a little and show you around a bit.

Also, check the temple from time to time and see if there are any clerics standing around willing to cast a few "blessings" on you. Makes life easier when your gear is enhanced.

My login is Fenrip 13. Main characters are Pipwhistle, Grum the Outcast, and soon to return Dunabar Foehammer. The other Fenrip logins are my sons. They'll help if they can but the younger one hasn't been around much yet.

Hope I can help you out.
Thanks.

Char name is Wiloren Swifty Ratirone or Swifty Ratirone or some such variant. Last toon was Halfling Monk/Ranger/Assassin.

New Toon will be Elven Ranger/Assassin/Shadowdancer
Asturonethoriusaline
Baron
Baron

Oh and finally found a ok party(That didnt blindly run ahead and insta kill everything, that led me to Bordermarch.

Bordermarch is great. 3 more shops to shop at. And the bug bears are great for farming, easy.

It was just that being newer, I didnt know about Bordermarch or how to get there.

And trying to get there solo would be hard as heck, without a good party to lead you there.

The party led me there. Then I used the portal there.

I needed to find Bordermarch sooner then I did.

But glad I found it late then not at all.

Without Bordermarch, might still have all +1 AC gear and +1 weapions and +1 other gear, and might still have been at level 11,12 for a even longer time.

Thanks to the party that led me, went there.

Just think I was really having some very bad luck, and that turned around into good luck.

Instead of not finding, getting gear, finally found, got better gear.

Instead of some borderline, just barely ok, semi bad parties, groups, I got a good party.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

There is a quest line that will lead you to Bordermarch. Do all the quests, find all the quest givers, then you will be fine.
I hope you noticed there are two quest givers in Bordermarch.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
Asturonethoriusaline
Baron
Baron

Cornflower wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:35 am There is a quest line that will lead you to Bordermarch. Do all the quests, find all the quest givers, then you will be fine.
I hope you noticed there are two quest givers in Bordermarch.
Yep the tower sage and Grum. Lots of quest there.
John-Alhoon
Commoner
Commoner

Post by John-Alhoon »

Get into a party, there is always people willing to help newcomers. It is also funnier, no doubt!
Asturonethoriusaline
Baron
Baron

John-Alhoon wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:02 pm Get into a party, there is always people willing to help newcomers. It is also funnier, no doubt!
In theory, this should be the case, but my perception of Reality has been different.

Now maybe this is really bad luck.

But in my experience groups, parties, even here, usually, mostly run blindly ahead, insta kill everything, before I get to do anything. They dont want me to scout or wont let me scout. Often times I fall behind(because of how fast they are, how they run ahead), and cant keep up(usually because a halfling, or I not hasted, or they monks, etc), get lost, monsters respawn, kill me, or some silly person in the party either triggers a fate statue, into a Balor, killing me, party, or they go pick up lots of quest that I dont want yet, or they go do 100 quest, turn them in, giving me technical credit for technically doing, but still not doing quest, thus cheating me out of getting to do quest, and out of farming, looting, getting chest drops, in quest, etc.

Only about 25% to 27% to 30% of the time, do I get into a good party.

Which is why I solo a lot.

Just read my other thread about a recent semi bad experience with a party.