Weapons do not longer merge in shifter forms

Report any bugs you find here.
Iwan
Knight
Knight

Weapons do not longer merge in shifter forms

Post by Iwan »

Hello. After last restart weapons stopped merging in shifter forms.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Weapons do not longer merge in shifter forms

Post by driller »

I noticed this during testing. This is a timing issue, I added a delay to give time for the creature items to be created and equipped. Evidently, this wasn't enough. I will have to change it to a recursive function that keeps checking to see if the items are valid before adding the properties.
Iwan
Knight
Knight

Post by Iwan »

Ok. Thank You for your efforts.
John-Alhoon
Commoner
Commoner

Post by John-Alhoon »

Thanks for the quick resolution!
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

driller wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:32 am I noticed this during testing. This is a timing issue, I added a delay to give time for the creature items to be created and equipped. Evidently, this wasn't enough. I will have to change it to a recursive function that keeps checking to see if the items are valid before adding the properties.
Ouch. Recursive functions can be nasty. I am convinced you already thought of this, but even so: there needs to be some kind of anti-loop-security in that function, so that if it goes out of whack, it won't crash the server.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I always add a safety variable that will exit if it goes over a certain number.
Cornflower wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:04 am
driller wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:32 am I noticed this during testing. This is a timing issue, I added a delay to give time for the creature items to be created and equipped. Evidently, this wasn't enough. I will have to change it to a recursive function that keeps checking to see if the items are valid before adding the properties.
Ouch. Recursive functions can be nasty. I am convinced you already thought of this, but even so: there needs to be some kind of anti-loop-security in that function, so that if it goes out of whack, it won't crash the server.