I'm new and just saying Hi!

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
SoothingDarkness
Commoner
Commoner

I'm new and just saying Hi!

Post by SoothingDarkness »

Hi everybody. I'm new to the server, and wanted to greet the community. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions, but I can post those separately at another time. I used to play NWN back in the day, and am excited to see some life back in it. I stopped playing when Gamespy turned it's back on us, and pulled the plug on internet support. So know the gist of the game mechanics, but not server related stuff. I mainly played in a Dragonlance server, so if you recognize some character names from there, that is probably me redoing characters that I enjoyed playing from years past.
Ming
Baron
Baron

Re: I'm new and just saying Hi!

Post by Ming »

Welcome and have fun. If you have questions feel free to ask them, but you will learn alot of stuff is not allowed to be answered on the forums and must be discovered in game. Typically this means rp, but I have learned if you find the right people and pm them then you can avoid the rp if its not your thing.
Trudes
Count
Count

Post by Trudes »

*waves* hello SD, welcome :)
Stealth
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Stealth »

Hey, SoothingDarkness. I'm relatively new to the server myself but started playing NWN when it first came out "back in the day" as well. You mentioned Dragonlance. Did you play on the Dragonlance server where the different guilds/enclaves/etc each had their own custom areas that only they could access? I was a scripter and a guild member for the Dragonlance server that had the Tower of Palanthas accessible to the black-robed wizards sitting on the Conclave of Wizards. Good times!

I love to RP, so please keep an eye out for me as I know it's not for everybody. My wizard is named Ember, my barbarian is named Rogrog, and my arcane archer is named Silver.

Hope to see you in-game.

- Stealth -
Wing--Zero
Duke
Duke

Post by Wing--Zero »

Anyone new needing advice or help getting the hang of things just shoot me a PM in game or on here. Always glad to see new faces.
Duo Maxwell
Auran Goodman
Damian Goodman
Daniel Goodman
Karn
Aye Spyu
Heia The Deamon
and some others :P
Log-ins: Zero, X, X_Mule, Z_mule
SoothingDarkness
Commoner
Commoner

Post by SoothingDarkness »

RP is one of my favorite things to do. I played the Krynns new beginning server. It actually kind of took me by supprise when I first saw someone talking to me here out of character. Is there a different protocol for role playing here? Do I just kind of say hey I'm in character? I'm having fun adventuring with a friend that doesn't like to role play to. So It's something I want to do when he's offline.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

The server is casual and RP lite. RP isn't enforced, but I do ask people to respect those who do. There are plenty of people here who like to RP and are really good a it. Ask around.
SoothingDarkness wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:27 am RP is one of my favorite things to do. I played the Krynns new beginning server. It actually kind of took me by supprise when I first saw someone talking to me here out of character. Is there a different protocol for role playing here? Do I just kind of say hey I'm in character? I'm having fun adventuring with a friend that doesn't like to role play to. So It's something I want to do when he's offline.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

SoothingDarkness wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:27 am RP is one of my favorite things to do. I played the Krynns new beginning server. It actually kind of took me by supprise when I first saw someone talking to me here out of character. Is there a different protocol for role playing here? Do I just kind of say hey I'm in character? I'm having fun adventuring with a friend that doesn't like to role play to. So It's something I want to do when he's offline.
I'm always up for RP. Just find me. I have lots of characters in different levels, so I can probably level up with you IC.

There's no Blackstone protocol for RP, but I usually do it like I was taught 15 years ago: Talk is IC, Tells are OOC, Party depends on who you party with.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
Wing--Zero
Duke
Duke

Post by Wing--Zero »

Yes same here! I love to Rp its one aspect that makes this game the best out there! I like to keep everything in character as much as possible vs OOC. There are a few who don't like to rp but if you say something to them in character or just shoot them a tell message and let them know your in character. I've learned 99% of people will at least put the // or go in character themselves. So please don't let that reflect the server as a whole.
Duo Maxwell
Auran Goodman
Damian Goodman
Daniel Goodman
Karn
Aye Spyu
Heia The Deamon
and some others :P
Log-ins: Zero, X, X_Mule, Z_mule
Douglas Thurman
Count
Count

Post by Douglas Thurman »

Heya! I too played on many a server back in the day. BSK and it's supremely talented admin Driller are a welcome sight with the new iteration of NWN. I'm on with my dwarven sorcerer most of the time. Rune Stoneweaver and I'll RP your butt off if you let me. :lol: