Custom voice sets??!?!?

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Custom voice sets??!?!?

Post by Cornflower »

I almost fell off of my chair. Someone greeted me in game with "Bonjour, hello" with a french accent. Where did that come from?

I tried to look at Steam Workshop and NWVault, but I get conflicting information. Is it possible to activate more voice sets in NWN:EE, and if so, HOW?!?!? :-)

Also, how come I heard that voice set today? Is it a standard voice set I've missed all these years? Or, could I hear it becuase I have the CEP downloaded?

Confused. Yet again.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
Ming
Baron
Baron

Re: Custom voice sets??!?!?

Post by Ming »

Its the greeting from Human, Female, Courtesan, Accent. I haven't tried it in forever since most of those NPC voice sets actually only have 1 or 2 lines. Usually a greeting and an attack line and thats it. So most of the voice over commands do nothing. I don't remember how to do it though its been way too long.

edit: heres a link to the lexicon that details all the voices in the game https://nwnlexicon.com/index.php/Voice_Set_Overview
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

Ming wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:39 pm Its the greeting from Human, Female, Courtesan, Accent. I haven't tried it in forever since most of those NPC voice sets actually only have 1 or 2 lines. Usually a greeting and an attack line and thats it. So most of the voice over commands do nothing. I don't remember how to do it though its been way too long.

edit: heres a link to the lexicon that details all the voices in the game https://nwnlexicon.com/index.php/Voice_Set_Overview
So, you could unlock those somehow?
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
Ming
Baron
Baron

Post by Ming »

Cornflower wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:16 pm
Ming wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:39 pm Its the greeting from Human, Female, Courtesan, Accent. I haven't tried it in forever since most of those NPC voice sets actually only have 1 or 2 lines. Usually a greeting and an attack line and thats it. So most of the voice over commands do nothing. I don't remember how to do it though its been way too long.

So, you could unlock those somehow?
Sure, any server that supports CEP will usually have them unlocked. This on the Vault would probably work in theory, but I'm not interested enough to try it. You can if you want and see how it works. I know it would work for single player, and since blackstone doesnt use haks it should work there. But any servers that use haks and tlks I dont think it would work on now. As with EE the haks are loaded before the overrides and would prevent this from working. https://neverwintervault.org/project/nw ... -portraits
Kane0
Duke
Duke

Post by Kane0 »

There are at least two voiceset unlockers on the steam workshop which will unlock NPC voicesets during character creation. I quite like the blackguard one myself.
kish-kumen
Commoner
Commoner

Post by kish-kumen »

I have a soundset.2da override file which I created ages ago. It unlocks those voices that have 'full' sets (so, the french accent courtesan is not available), but Valen Shadowbreath's voice is available (for example). It only adds a few extra, but it's kinda nice to have a few extra options. Shoot me a PM and I can sent it to ya, or if enough people want it I could stick it up on the web.