Guild Clarification

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
Jake_Master
Count
Count

Guild Clarification

Post by Jake_Master »

Just cruious as to how many people 1 singular person can have in a guild? I realize multi boxing is aloud but guilds I think would maybe be under different ruling. I was under the assumption of 1 considering a guild is more geared towards RP. It would seem a person controlling more than 1 character would manipulate situations to better suit themselves, and leaving a character to agree / go along with anything the other character controlled by the same person is seeking or wanting... seems far from RP oriented and a bit distasteful. However, would like to know the official ruling on 1 person having multiple characters within a guild.
Captain Andrick Korningstone, Arms Master Los Illuminados Alianza

Troy Korningstone
Andrin StoneBender, Master Crafter
Kurt Addams
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Guild Clarification

Post by driller »

What are you taking about?
Jake_Master wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:11 pm Just cruious as to how many people 1 singular person can have in a guild? I realize multi boxing is aloud but guilds I think would maybe be under different ruling. I was under the assumption of 1 considering a guild is more geared towards RP. It would seem a person controlling more than 1 character would manipulate situations to better suit themselves, and leaving a character to agree / go along with anything the other character controlled by the same person is seeking or wanting... seems far from RP oriented and a bit distasteful. However, would like to know the official ruling on 1 person having multiple characters within a guild.
Kalizzle
Count
Count

Post by Kalizzle »

driller wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:47 pm What are you taking about?
Jake_Master wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:11 pm Just cruious as to how many people 1 singular person can have in a guild? I realize multi boxing is aloud but guilds I think would maybe be under different ruling. I was under the assumption of 1 considering a guild is more geared towards RP. It would seem a person controlling more than 1 character would manipulate situations to better suit themselves, and leaving a character to agree / go along with anything the other character controlled by the same person is seeking or wanting... seems far from RP oriented and a bit distasteful. However, would like to know the official ruling on 1 person having multiple characters within a guild.
I think what hes tryin to say is if someone quadboxes is it acceptable to have the toons from those multiple accounts all in one guild. Like i suppose for guild disagreements like say the hunters vs kazrite army... or atleast thats what i gathered from it.
-Lady Sabel
Kender
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Kender »

I'm pretty fresh to the server myself, but I'd assume given:

A) multi-boxing is allowed on the server
B) BSK is RP-lite server (meaning any RP is voluntary and you're not required to be IC at all times)

that there is no official stance at all on the number of characters a single person can control and rp with, whether in a guild/party or out of it.

If you do not enjoy RPing with someone who is multi-boxing, then you're free to not participate.

Forgive me if I've misinterpreted or misunderstood your question.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

A player should not use more than one account in a PvP situation.
Jake_Master
Count
Count

Post by Jake_Master »

driller wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:25 pm A player should not use more than one account in a PvP situation.
Kalizzle hit it on the head with concerns I have.

Understood, about 1 account in a PvP situation

Is it still acceptable to have more than one account or multiple characters in a guild controlled by one person?
Captain Andrick Korningstone, Arms Master Los Illuminados Alianza

Troy Korningstone
Andrin StoneBender, Master Crafter
Kurt Addams
Garek
Knight
Knight

Post by Garek »

I would like to clarify a few things.

First, Blackstone Keep has always been RP enough to force In character when talking out loud.

It's up to the players to remind others of this. It will only improve if we intentionally remind people, while being polite about it.

Second, "one account in a PvP situation"...........I think needs to be clarified.

IF, 2 characters are running around together (in character friends) and 1 of them gets jumped, argues or into a physical altercation by a hostile person, just like in real life the 2nd character is going to get involved. If it's RP and all in character then there is no such thing as multi-boxing. If everyone stays IC all should be good.

IF, 1 person is running alone and gets jumped, argues or into a physical altercation by a hostile person and 1 of them gets another character of theirs to join in the fight, that was not in the original argument, etc. then I see the complaint and that shouldn't happen. That's equivalent to low level characters getting their lv40's to settle their IC fights (not cool).

It's not very difficult to understand IC vs. OOC. If you run up to a group of 4 friends and jump one of them and don't think anyone else is going to stop you.........you might be a half-wit ORC......and you might get beat down!
Garek
Knight
Knight

Post by Garek »

Jake_Master wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:02 pm
driller wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:25 pm A player should not use more than one account in a PvP situation.
Is it still acceptable to have more than one account or multiple characters in a guild controlled by one person?
Why wouldn't it be? Can you not have multiple characters at all? If so, then you should be able to have more than one in a guild.

I don't see how that's an issue at all. If you don't like their other characters then don't let that character in.

These things should work themselves out in-game instead of running to Driller.

I don't know what's going on in your guild, but 99.9% of things can be worked out in game and in character. If you have an inner guild conflict make or find another guild. The guy that has multiple computers all in the same guild will end up being alone if he's doing things others don't like.
Ming
Baron
Baron

Post by Ming »

Garek wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:03 pm I would like to clarify a few things.

First, Blackstone Keep has always been RP enough to force In character when talking out loud.

It's up to the players to remind others of this. It will only improve if we intentionally remind people, while being polite about it.

there are many of us who have 0 interest in rp, so your situations will not always apply.

"by driller » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:26 pm
Blackstone Keep is a action based casual RP server. You are not forced to RP. But you should respect others that want to."
Last edited by Ming on Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kender
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Kender »

Garek wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:03 pm First, Blackstone Keep has always been RP enough to force In character when talking out loud.

I'm pleased to hear this.

I played on BSK years ago briefly while I was still a freshman in high-school; I remember that BSK being much more focused on RP and anything said in /talk being innately IC. I was disappointed to see that this had changed; from my experience over the past week, /talk is a bit of a grab bag.
Wing--Zero
Duke
Duke

Post by Wing--Zero »

Ming wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:06 pm
Garek wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:03 pm I would like to clarify a few things.

Second, "one account in a PvP situation"...........I think needs to be clarified.

IF, 2 characters are running around together (in character friends) and 1 of them gets jumped, argues or into a physical altercation by a hostile person, just like in real life the 2nd character is going to get involved. If it's RP and all in character then there is no such thing as multi-boxing. If everyone stays IC all should be good.

IF, 1 person is running alone and gets jumped, argues or into a physical altercation by a hostile person and 1 of them gets another character of theirs to join in the fight, that was not in the original argument, etc. then I see the complaint and that shouldn't happen. That's equivalent to low level characters getting their lv40's to settle their IC fights (not cool).

It's not very difficult to understand IC vs. OOC. If you run up to a group of 4 friends and jump one of them and don't think anyone else is going to stop you.........you might be a half-wit ORC......and you might get beat down!
there are many of us who have 0 interest in rp, so your situations will not always apply.

"by driller » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:26 pm
Blackstone Keep is a action based casual RP server. You are not forced to RP. But you should respect others that want to."
That is true but, as I have to be respectful of you not wanting to RP please don't forget you need to be respectful to those who DO want to RP. The servers description is stated for Rp-Lite and allows all play types. The "//" are used for non RP talk (which is a symbol for OOC or Out Of Character). If you choose to type everything OOC try to add those slashes to your statements while chatting in normal talk so others know that your saying is not part of RP. It only takes two seconds to add those before a sentence and will cut down on these mistakes. There are also Tells and other methods to get your statements out there without interrupting others play styles. It can be very distracting for those who are trying to stay in character to be standing next to you talking about what rock band they like or how awesome Fortnite is.... It's even stated in the line you quoted from driller...your not forced to RP but, be respectful to those of us who do want to please.
Duo Maxwell
Auran Goodman
Damian Goodman
Daniel Goodman
Karn
Aye Spyu
Heia The Deamon
and some others :P
Log-ins: Zero, X, X_Mule, Z_mule
Ming
Baron
Baron

Post by Ming »

I will be respectful by not interrupting your rp, I'm a 40 year old man who isn't going to spend his time in game chatting about nonsense like fortnite. If i'm talking to you in game, chances are its something about the game.. I rp'd 16 years ago when this game was new, and I was young. I'm too old for that crap now and would rather just kill things. As far as // sorry, not happening. Just be aware that Ming will never, ever be in character, but like I said I'm not gonna be talking about real world crap with you either. I have friends for that, I don't need people in a pw for that interaction.
Wing--Zero
Duke
Duke

Post by Wing--Zero »

....Age doesn't matter when it comes down to it. I know people twice my age that still enjoy rping and playing games. So to each there own buddy. I don't need or want you to talk to me about anything to be honest I was using those as examples. I was just nicely trying to point out that you need to be aware of others and be respectful to them....
Duo Maxwell
Auran Goodman
Damian Goodman
Daniel Goodman
Karn
Aye Spyu
Heia The Deamon
and some others :P
Log-ins: Zero, X, X_Mule, Z_mule
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

I'm 53... I try to follow the unofficial guidelines that's always been there since I started playing NWN on Caenyr in 2003:

Talk: In character, unless you use (( or //.
Tells: Out of character, unless it's clear by context, such as *a messenger runs up to you with a note from Valery*.
Party: Depends on the party, if it's a gang of RP:ers, it can be IC, if not, it can be OOC.

The reason this works so well, is that if you're a couple of players engaging in some RP, it's a terrible moodbreaker if someone comes up and starts talking OOC all of the sudden. It breaks the immersion. Now, if you don't like RP, or fell that you're too old for it, or something, it would still be very polite and considerate to not use talk for OOC, unless you use (( or //.

Anyway, that's my thoughts about this.

Over the years, I've found that this works regardless of "Heavy RP", "Light RP" or whatever.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
Gimili
Count
Count

Post by Gimili »

IMO as long as you arent multiboxing in PvP... theres no reason you can't have multiple characters RP, For example I use Balrog and Gimili to RP. I don't use them both as the same time in PVP as that would be against the rules. But in RP, Banter, conversations, ETC I use them both.
Gimili Lockbearer -Trusted Dwarf, friend of the elves.
Balrog- Right Hand Associate of Warlock the Evil
Morgoth- Kazrite General V.P. Of the Kazrites