Hopefully an easy one

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
Necro
Commoner
Commoner

Hopefully an easy one

Post by Necro »

So as a caster I've been looking at Combat Casting, does it ONLY work if you activate defensive casting mode? I pretty much never use that mode, as I try not casting spells in melee. I was thinking because of my laziness I might be better off just getting skill bonus concentration +3
Sorcy Sid
Count
Count

Re: Hopefully an easy one

Post by Sorcy Sid »

Necro wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:23 pm So as a caster I've been looking at Combat Casting, does it ONLY work if you activate defensive casting mode? I pretty much never use that mode, as I try not casting spells in melee. I was thinking because of my laziness I might be better off just getting skill bonus concentration +3
http://nwn.wikia.com/wiki/Combat_casting
Sid-Archer
Sid'darth
Sid 10
Sid, Sid, and more Sid.
Acct names Sid & SidII
Necro
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Necro »

Combat casting

Type of feat: general
Prerequisite: ability to cast first-level spells
Required for: improved combat casting

Specifics: The character is adept at casting spells in combat, and does not suffer the standard -4 penalty to concentration checks when casting defensively within four meters of an enemy.

Oh, well I've read that exact thing. Thanks Sid that was very informative. Great discussion, and opinion! I'm going to think about bacon now.
Sorcy Sid
Count
Count

Post by Sorcy Sid »

Necro wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:07 pm Combat casting

Type of feat: general
Prerequisite: ability to cast first-level spells
Required for: improved combat casting

Specifics: The character is adept at casting spells in combat, and does not suffer the standard -4 penalty to concentration checks when casting defensively within four meters of an enemy.

Oh, well I've read that exact thing. Thanks Sid that was very informative. Great discussion, and opinion! I'm going to think about bacon now.

Like it says, it's automatic. No need to activate that mode. Concentration is good.
Sid-Archer
Sid'darth
Sid 10
Sid, Sid, and more Sid.
Acct names Sid & SidII
Necro
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Necro »

Thanks by the way. The automatic part there slightly deceived me. As it talks about casting defensively... and that is something I have an icon for... but I guess it makes sense. I really shouldn't read early in the morning. :p
Graves
Baron
Baron

Post by Graves »

It's my understanding that you're correct, it only works in defensive casting mode. Improved CC is what takes the AoOs away from your casts automatically regardless of combat mode.