Introduction and apologies

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
Brick Thrower
Commoner
Commoner

Introduction and apologies

Post by Brick Thrower »

Hi, I'm a new forum member and a new player to the Blackstone Keep module. I last played NWN in 2009, and was happy to see NWNEE come out. So now I am back in the game (literally :lol: ). My brother also bought the game NWNEE, and we hooked up over Ventrilo (faster than typing) to discuss which multiplayer server would be our first to try out. I remember saying that, it doesn't really matter, lets just keep picking a different one until we find one that we like (remember it's been 9 years since we last played). Here's one that looks good, I said, it has a low ping for me and my brother verified ping was OK for him also (I live in Europe and he lives in Indiana). He says, it doesn't matter, just pick one. So I filter out some servers, filter out by ping, then sort by ping and I see this server Blackstone_Keep(no haks). Great, I say, I hate building a PC then find out that I need a hak installed, let's try this one. I create a quick character and discover that we love the server. 9 years of no playing seemed more like 9 days and we were quickly having fun. I really like this module and so far the DMs also; I *know* you DMs are there, our paths keep colliding while I am running and my character staggers like they do when they meet a Commoner inside the keep. So it's been a few weeks now and this is the only server we play. We were really lucky picking a server which I see has been running for years! with forum off-line support! Longevity is really great as an indicator of a well-run system.

But now I need to apologize. I picked a name for my character that I couldn't change, but I thought I would just continue. Over the days I have collected 2 warnings and a boot. (A "warning" in Blackstone is a two-box item, non-stackable, plot (can't drop it nor sell it), and weighs a half pound). Now that I have found this forum I see where I got one of the warnings from... I used the SHOUT channel when I should not have. The other warning I think I got because of the character name, but I can't change it now. I didn't know these rules at the start but now I do for the new character.

Is there a way to rename my server character (13 seasons) so that I am not breaking the rules again, or should I just continue with the new PC (4 seasons) and forget the character that I originally intended as a throw-away PC? Thanks.
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Re: Introduction and apologies

Post by Capt Cliff »

Simpler to just to rebuild him. Shouldn't take you more than a couple of hours to rebuild him.
Roland Deschain
Duke
Duke

Post by Roland Deschain »

Best thing to do is just stay with the new character, and make sure you read chat. I sent you a tell when you were very low level that the name would be unacceptable to the admin. So, keep an eye out for green text when you are in-game. (this was right around the time that you killed the Den Mother for the quest)
Roland Deschain
Alain Johnson
Cuthbert Allgood
Marten Broadcloak
Cort
Rarebru Balancebringer
Walter O' Dim
Sleepy
Feanara Telrunya
wdpepsiman1
Commoner
Commoner

Post by wdpepsiman1 »

I would stay with the new char and if the other has items you wanted to keep ask the dev it would be alright to transfer them and also ask him to del the char after transfer
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

A friendly player like you could help him transfer his items. Thanks for volunteering.

-driller
wdpepsiman1 wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 4:15 pm I would stay with the new char and if the other has items you wanted to keep ask the dev it would be alright to transfer them and also ask him to del the char after transfer
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

driller wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 4:22 pm A friendly player like you could help him transfer his items. Thanks for volunteering.

-driller
wdpepsiman1 wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 4:15 pm I would stay with the new char and if the other has items you wanted to keep ask the dev it would be alright to transfer them and also ask him to del the char after transfer
He should contact John the Cleric in the temple, when he's there, and he can help you move items. Be sure to pack everything in bags.
Brick Thrower
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Brick Thrower »

OK thanks for the help guys!!!