Question about Mighty Crossbow builds

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
wheelercub
Commoner
Commoner

Question about Mighty Crossbow builds

Post by wheelercub »

I was reading old NWN threads online and apparently HoTU introduced Mighty Crossbows to the game. Being I would love to explore a Heavy Crossbow build with Improved critical, I was wondering if these can be found in the game as normal loot drops? I understand the argument for ranged characters is all about Rapid Shot for the extra attack and an improved crit on 19-20 (10% chance of d8+STR x3 dmg), but I wanted to check out the possibility of an Roguish-Figher with Heavy Crossbows and an improved crit on 17-20 (20% chance of d10+STR x2 dmg).

Does anyone know if this is even possible from normal vendors and treasure drops? I would be okay with crafting an item like that as well, but my friends and I are still experimenting with lower levels and don't have the patience to figure out better ranged weapon crafting right now.
Rakash
Commoner
Commoner

Re: Question about Mighty Crossbow builds

Post by Rakash »

Don't think I've ever seen a mighty crossbow drop, but I know for a fact you can craft mighty onto bows. I do not know if this carries over to crossbows though- what I would do is test if you can just craft mighty onto your own crossbows. Even more so because I know you can craft way more than mighty +3. If you want to do some testing, I know a couple crafters that you can get in touch with on the server.
Sapphire
Count
Count

Post by Sapphire »

Do not think this option has ever been into BSK, I have come accross it on the odd server over the years of play but never here...

Some servers think the extra damage is too unbalancing and nerf it down alot ... The best you can probably get is to have it like HG PoA server where you get the same number of shots as per a lshort/long bow would and a slightly improved crit range to encourage usage of X bows... But anyhow you'd have to talk with Driller to see if he is willing to code in such...
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

They do drop and they are for sale in certain stores.

-driller
wheelercub
Commoner
Commoner

Post by wheelercub »

Oooo! Thanks for the answers