Foxmore Quest Line Fouled Up

Report any bugs you find here.
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Foxmore Quest Line Fouled Up

Post by Capt Cliff »

I was in party with my Rogue Smiler, I still had the Marvale Staff to do. Well some one turned in the Shadow devil quest. My quest log now says I completed the quest, I did not get the xp, and then they got the Snort quest AND now so do I! I assume if I get the Shadow Devil gizmo and turn it in ... but will it drop if the programs see's I have completed the quest? This seems like a really old problem that driller you fixed like 10 years ago on the old Bioware server. Anyway FYI ...
Sapphire
Count
Count

Re: Foxmore Quest Line Fouled Up

Post by Sapphire »

It has always happened this way someone drops in a quest without leaving a party all members get their journal updated to match that... The other option you can have a sort of self fix is to have a party member take the first quest for the beetle queen and that will reset your journal to that quest...
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Hmm, this is a tough one to figure out because it literally should not be possible. What time did it happen?

-driller
Capt Cliff wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:11 pm I was in party with my Rogue Smiler, I still had the Marvale Staff to do. Well some one turned in the Shadow devil quest. My quest log now says I completed the quest, I did not get the xp, and then they got the Snort quest AND now so do I! I assume if I get the Shadow Devil gizmo and turn it in ... but will it drop if the programs see's I have completed the quest? This seems like a really old problem that driller you fixed like 10 years ago on the old Bioware server. Anyway FYI ...
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

driller wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:42 am Hmm, this is a tough one to figure out because it literally should not be possible. What time did it happen?

-driller
Capt Cliff wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:11 pm I was in party with my Rogue Smiler, I still had the Marvale Staff to do. Well some one turned in the Shadow devil quest. My quest log now says I completed the quest, I did not get the xp, and then they got the Snort quest AND now so do I! I assume if I get the Shadow Devil gizmo and turn it in ... but will it drop if the programs see's I have completed the quest? This seems like a really old problem that driller you fixed like 10 years ago on the old Bioware server. Anyway FYI ...
This too was my responce to my DD not getting to Akons. Whoops
Last edited by Capt Cliff on Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I am chalking this up to bugs in NWN:EE. There is nothing in the code that is wrong.

-driller
Capt Cliff wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:09 am
driller wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:42 am Hmm, this is a tough one to figure out because it literally should not be possible. What time did it happen?

-driller
The last time it happened was last night about 6 pm PST, my best guess, and the first time about the same time the day before or Thursday.

Now I can use the stone and it works, and people in the ring go up with me. Perhaps you can come on a DM and give me a hand full of stones so I can identify if it's the PC or my account that is not being recognized..
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

driller wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:46 am I am chalking this up to bugs in NWN:EE. There is nothing in the code that is wrong.

-driller
Capt Cliff wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:09 am

-driller

The last time it happened was last night about 6 pm PST, my best guess, and the first time about the same time the day before or Thursday.

Now I can use the stone and it works, and people in the ring go up with me. Perhaps you can come on a DM and give me a hand full of stones so I can identify if it's the PC or my account that is not being recognized..
Sorry this was a response to my not being able to hitch a ride to Akon with my DD. Sorry.
nobody-special
Baron
Baron

Post by nobody-special »

The problem of turning in quest and not dropping out before turning it. (It is the NWN engine that is the problem). A work around on another PW I used to play on long ago was to force drop the player from the party when turning in a quest. (draw back is that everyone will have to do the quest individually to get the item or instance the item so everyone with the quest in the questing party gets the item.)
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I wrote my own quest code, so if its an nwn bug, then it would be in the get party member functions.

I will double check them.

-driller

nobody-special wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 2:39 pm The problem of turning in quest and not dropping out before turning it. (It is the NWN engine that is the problem). A work around on another PW I used to play on long ago was to force drop the player from the party when turning in a quest. (draw back is that everyone will have to do the quest individually to get the item or instance the item so everyone with the quest in the questing party gets the item.)
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Ok, I have added quite a bit of redundant logic checks in the quest code. The quests should in no way screw up while in party.

-driller