Server Time Out

Report any bugs you find here.
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Server Time Out

Post by Capt Cliff »

I was on Saturday and the Server keep timing out on my Steam account and kicking me off. Any idea what's wrong?
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Server Time Out

Post by driller »

I don't see any issues with it.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

"Server time out" is usually a connection/communication error, not a server-side issue. Or, at least, it used to be in the olden days.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
Kender
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Kender »

I'm also experiencing this - specifically when transitioning from any building to Blackstone Keep+. The longer I've been playing (or it could be the number of times I load into Blackstone?) the longer the wait at the loading screen becomes, until it eventually results in a "server time out" message. Closing and reopening NWN:EE brings me back to fast loading screens for the next hour or so of play.

Edit: I did have a large amount of content from the Ravenloft server enabled; it could be the culprit. Have removed Ravenloft content - will report if the issue is fixed after next play session.

Edit2: Problem occurs on other servers - Problem is either my PC or connection.
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

Well it happened again when I logged on Friday night ... not very hospitable! :lol:
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Where you playing on another server that uses hak/tlk? There is a bug that doesn't properly unload the resources after you disconnect and this might be causing issues. This will be fixed in the upcoming NWN patch.
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

driller wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:15 am Where you playing on another server that uses hak/tlk? There is a bug that doesn't properly unload the resources after you disconnect and this might be causing issues. This will be fixed in the upcoming NWN patch.
I don't play on any other server but BSK.
Mask-inc
Duke
Duke

Post by Mask-inc »

I still have a toon that if i try to log him in, will time out the whole server.
on login, i go on a black screen, i hear the game sound, stay that way for like a minute or so and the server goes down.
but it's my sockets mule with over 30 bags of sockets on him, i think they are trying to convert all at once and it's what cause the timed out.

Mask
**Master Halaster Blackcloak, Los Illuminados Alianza Grand Master**

Minion- Impling
Sir Del Goodman- Exile from Starkson Protectorate
Karthak Strongarms- Slayer of Undead
Rikus Strongarms- Grand Scythe Master
Lomnek Strongarms- Dwarven Tank
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

This shouldn't happen because of socket conversion. What is the name of the character?
Mask-inc wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:04 am I still have a toon that if i try to log him in, will time out the whole server.
on login, i go on a black screen, i hear the game sound, stay that way for like a minute or so and the server goes down.
but it's my sockets mule with over 30 bags of sockets on him, i think they are trying to convert all at once and it's what cause the timed out.

Mask
Mask-inc
Duke
Duke

Post by Mask-inc »

Los Illuminados Alianza Mule on the Mask-inc account.

thanks
Mask
**Master Halaster Blackcloak, Los Illuminados Alianza Grand Master**

Minion- Impling
Sir Del Goodman- Exile from Starkson Protectorate
Karthak Strongarms- Slayer of Undead
Rikus Strongarms- Grand Scythe Master
Lomnek Strongarms- Dwarven Tank
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

This should be fixed after the 6pm reset. This was happening because I save your character on item acquire.

It seems NWN fires this event for every item in your inventory during login and it was overwhelming the disk buffer.

Since you had hundreds of items, it was trying to write you character hundreds of time.

I have inserted a cool down for this. Your character will still save on item acquire, but it will not allow rapid multiple calls anymore.

Mask-inc wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:16 am Los Illuminados Alianza Mule on the Mask-inc account.

thanks
Mask