Disarm

Report any bugs you find here.
Mask-inc
Duke
Duke

Disarm

Post by Mask-inc »

Disarm now put the weapons on the floor, not in the inventory anymore.

So, i crafted a kukri for someone and someone pick it up while pvping and didn't want to give it back, log out with it, same for another non-forged but rare weapon.
Not a situation that is like, i can assure you.
FYI

Mask
**Master Halaster Blackcloak, Los Illuminados Alianza Grand Master**

Minion- Impling
Sir Del Goodman- Exile from Starkson Protectorate
Karthak Strongarms- Slayer of Undead
Rikus Strongarms- Grand Scythe Master
Lomnek Strongarms- Dwarven Tank
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Disarm

Post by driller »

Hmm. Nothing was changed in regards to that. Did you verify that this happens everytime you get disarmed?

Events in nwn are not always 100% reliable.
Gimili
Count
Count

Post by Gimili »

driller wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:59 am Hmm. Nothing was changed in regards to that. Did you verify that this happens everytime you get disarmed?

Events in nwn are not always 100% reliable.
The weapon has been dropping on the floor the entire time, this is not new. I noticed this several months ago as well
Gimili Lockbearer -Trusted Dwarf, friend of the elves.
Balrog- Right Hand Associate of Warlock the Evil
Morgoth- Kazrite General V.P. Of the Kazrites
Mask-inc
Duke
Duke

Post by Mask-inc »

Yeah, the anti-disarm script seem not to be fireing properly.

Mask

Minion- Impling
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. The default nwn behavior is to drop it to the floor. My solution to fix this is a hack at best.
I have seen it work and not work. I will revisit this.
Mask-inc
Duke
Duke

Post by Mask-inc »

Thank you.

Now, what do we do with someone who is holding the said weapons and don't want to give them back?

Mask

Minion- Impling
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

They will give it back or a DM will intervene in a possibly unpleasant manner.
Mask-inc wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:30 am Thank you.

Now, what do we do with someone who is holding the said weapons and don't want to give them back?

Mask
Tard
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Tard »

I will return, more demanding that respect our Clan while the robberies !!! We went to the fight because there were two thieves who did not want to stop stealing us !!! If you continue to steal from us, the Clan [BR] Blackstones Riders will declare war on you (thieves) !!!
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

If theft was involved, that could change things...
John-Alhoon
Commoner
Commoner

Post by John-Alhoon »

Hi everyone!

First of all, I am back after 10 years w/o playing NWN and I am really glad to see so many people again, many memories comming back...
Back to the subject of this post: I was there, not from the beginning of the "event" but I believe this story is not "well told".
I am not the one who picked up the weapon in question, but I know the person who did. But before jumping on conclusions, let me tell you the REAL situation.
Mask, I believe that the person you call "someone" didn't tell you everything.
Let me put you in context:
After one of yesterday's Resets, the last with the portals update, a friend of mine briefed me about the update. I was also warned about pickpocketers in some areas.
After being told about that, I went to Oasis to check it, and, for my surprise, I also got robbed, at least 3 times (lost 3 or 4 eyes of Akon), and they kept hurting and chasing me. I am ok with that, if that is allowed. As long as I can defend myself and fight back.

After this system portal update, some players got a bit confused until figuring out the changes. During that time lapse, there were 2 players going on a nonstop "Pickpocketing frenzy" in Oasis. Those characters are called "Minion" (both with same names, but different accounts).

They also killed a player on the way (PvP not consent), I had to revive that person because he was alone.

If the robbers can do anything they want, steal items, forge stones, and even killing people on the way, and other people can't fight back, I believe many players will go "the evil way". So, after all this, if the player who got the kukri from the robbers still needs to give it back, I can't see this as a fair situation. I am ok with robbery being allowed.

I could act as whitness for this case, but I believe a simple check on the logs would suffice.

I will also like to add that I saw one specific player scamming newbies and getting their forge stones. Even someone's RL son was scammed into giving his forge stones, and after persistant talks, I was told that he agreed to give them back. But how about all the other new players who keep getting scammed?
This reminds me what happened to me a year ago, when I got robbed in RL by a guy, I resisted and got beaten up by 3 other guys. A year after that, I am still on recovery from a broken leg and I don't know if I will be able to run a marathon again (probably not).
I know that life is harsh, justice don't work the way it should, but THIS is a game and we are suposed to get fun, relax, and socialice with others.

Back to the subject, I felt empathy for the victim and went to help him. If the player who defended himself in this case has to give the weapon back, this is a win-lose situation. Always a "win" for the robber, and "lose" for the other.

I believe that after reading this, DM will get the whole picture and give a proper answer.

I will leave you with my favorite actor's saying: "The fact is, violence is not only not a beautiful thing, but it's also very painful and not without consequences for the perpetrator as well as the victim".

Kindest regards,

John
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Thanks for the info. If this is all correct, then there is no need to give the weapon back.
Tard
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Tard »

It was not so because of not returning the weapons !!! Be very clear here in this post that I returned the weapons to DM Easy and talked to the Halaster !!! What the DMs decide, is decided by me !!! I will honor my words and my Clan [BR] !!!
Mask-inc
Duke
Duke

Post by Mask-inc »

How pick pocket work on BSK

-Can PP someone between 3 and 10 times or close to that seem to be random.
-Activating an Eye of Akon count as 1 failed attempt
-Forge Stones or any items bigger than 2x2 will be put back in the player inventory and it will waste an attempt. A message will say so in the log.
-Most of the time, it will be a low amount of gold you will steal , less than 250 gold pieces.
-As anything in NWN, there are bugs sometime

If any of the 2 did something really bad, let me know in private, i will deal with it.
Same if any of my guild members try to swindle some noobs.

Mask

Minion- Impling
Alter Fritz
Baron
Baron

Post by Alter Fritz »

As one of the 'Minions' involved, let me clear up couple things...

We did go to the Oasis to try and find higher lvl characters to PP, and maybe stir up some excitement.

There were several players out there(maybe due to the new portal system, i just got on so didn't know it was minutes old). We started PPing, and as expected popped some akon eyes(I never popped more than 1 eye from any individual). We were instantly 'disliked' by many players. Most of whom weren't present in the Oasis. We were attacked(which I totally understand), and we fought back. NOBODY was attacked that wasn't hostile to us.

The dwarf was killed by 'Kazra' twice. Not by us, we were just trying to bring thier health down enough to scare them and continue PPing. The PP script would tell us when that player couldn't be PPed again. Also putting items back constantly because they were 'too large' including forge stones. There were several players there and we did PP as many as possible, but obviously the script stops us from over PPing.

After the encounter in the Oasis, we found the Dwarf in the Temple and tried to roleplay that we were playing in the desert and could we have our weapons back. I don't mind if the disarm is supposed to function this way, I can adjust my play for that, I just thought the disarm was supposed to put the weapon back into inventory, or at least be given back.

Either way, it is just a game and we were just having fun and hope we didn't upset anyone. That was not the intent.

Please don't let this affect Mask in any negative way as the Minions were doing this without their Master's approval.

~Minion
Frankenstein doesn't scare me...
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

It looks like you guys can work this out. This is the desired scenario.