What lvl to start crafting?

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
trebusze
Commoner
Commoner

What lvl to start crafting?

Post by trebusze »

My question is, when should i start to bother with player crafted weapons? When is this super duper +20 gear needed to not stay behind? For now i have +5 weapon with perma haste on lvl 21 character. Didn't even touch crafting so far.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Re: What lvl to start crafting?

Post by Cornflower »

Well... When you get to lvl 30-35ish, would be my recommendation, depending on your gear that you've found and the quality of your character build.

Also depends on how quick you get through the quests and what class you play.

Either way, you don't have to create a crafter toon if you don't want to. We are several players who have toons that craft for other players.

A more important question is: Do you have the Forge Stones? If you don't, the question is moot.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

You need your crafting skill to be 80+ in armor and weapon crafting to maximize the stones affects! Level in immaterial.
Yunim
Duke
Duke

Post by Yunim »

For crafted armor, fully enchanted armor has an item level restriction that caps at around level 27. From level 27 or so onward you can wear almost any armor that can be enchanted, including fully forged gear. So if you wanted, you could wear player crafted armor from level 27.

For crafted weapons, fully enchanted weapons will have an item level restriction of level 39 or 40. +20AB alone gives an item level restriction of 29. However you don't NEED a +20AB weapon to level, it just helps a lot. On my first melee build I used a +5EB weapon from level 15 to level 40, and only really had a problem with a few high AC mobs.

As long as you're careful and run when you're in over your head, a +5EB weapon should be fine.
trebusze
Commoner
Commoner

Post by trebusze »

Thanks guys, that was really helpful. So no need to rush i see, and also will need some crafter services cuz my sorc isn't a crafter at all.
A more important question is: Do you have the Forge Stones? If you don't, the question is moot.
I've kept the "special" ones, the ones with the description i need a powerful forge something something.
The other ones, like the "z" runes with just extra Bludgeoning dmg (or defence) am afraid i sold them all. Hope they are not very needed??
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

The really good ones say Forge Stone. The normal ones will say Socket.
trebusze wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:55 am Thanks guys, that was really helpful. So no need to rush i see, and also will need some crafter services cuz my sorc isn't a crafter at all.
I've kept the "special" ones, the ones with the description i need a powerful forge something something.
The other ones, like the "z" runes with just extra Bludgeoning dmg (or defence) am afraid i sold them all. Hope they are not very needed??