Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
nobody-special
Baron
Baron

Re: Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition

Post by nobody-special »

I copied the text from the "Way Back Machine" https://web.archive.org/web/20040630125 ... 30desc.txt
nobody-special
Baron
Baron

Post by nobody-special »

Ok here is a link to the new improved blackstone keep poster.

http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y34 ... kavghy.jpg

Edit: Here is the link to the beamdog's forums where I posted.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/6 ... ver#latest
Sapphire
Count
Count

Post by Sapphire »

I hope no translation to EE for a while yet as it is not even available in the UK and no company is showing it as even coming soon ...
nobody-special
Baron
Baron

Post by nobody-special »

Well, I went and updated my Neverwinter Nights EE because there were some bug fixes, as a result, I can not log into BSK:EE now. Must learn to wait on Driller to say to update.

Oh well live and learn. :P
Sapphire
Count
Count

Post by Sapphire »

Did you not back up before installing ? I would have done this as past experiencies have taught me this is essiencial ...
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I will try to update and generate a new docker image tonight if I can.

-driller
nobody-special
Baron
Baron

Post by nobody-special »

Sapphire wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:37 pm Did you not back up before installing ? I would have done this as past experiencies have taught me this is essiencial ...
No I did not. I didn't even think about it. Just hit the update button like I have done after every beamdog stream. (It's been awhile since I had played on a PW.)
driller wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:06 pm I will try to update and generate a new docker image tonight if I can.

-driller
Thanks
(Good things are always worth waiting for)
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

It's back up and updated. Sorry it took so long.

-driller
Roland Deschain
Duke
Duke

Post by Roland Deschain »

So, I'm assuming that we can't access BSK from the original game now? Because I have not been able to log on standard nwn since Feb 18th.

Also, are there plans to bring the old characters over?
Roland Deschain
Alain Johnson
Cuthbert Allgood
Marten Broadcloak
Cort
Rarebru Balancebringer
Walter O' Dim
Sleepy
Feanara Telrunya
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Type this in the direct connect box blackstonekeep.com:5300 and hit enter.

-driller
Roland Deschain wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:42 pm So, I'm assuming that we can't access BSK from the original game now? Because I have not been able to log on standard nwn since Feb 18th.

Also, are there plans to bring the old characters over?
nobody-special
Baron
Baron

Post by nobody-special »

I have a character stuck in the mines level V. He is caught on a tile. I thought the server reset every 6 hours during the day and the character was sent back to be beginning of the level. (It must not do that anymore. It has been a long time since I played.) The character's name is Nobody Special.

I created another character to play. This time Somebody Special. However he has not been able to complete the Mine quest given by the Mayor. I have explored the whole cave system, and killed the Goblin Leader and his posse 3 times at different times. Nothing happens. Nothing to find, touch or any thing that is dropped by the monsters to complete the quest. (the mayor continues to ask me if I have cleared the Kobold problem.)

Thanks
-- NS
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Look in your inventory for the Holy Coin, use it to get unstuck.

What is the name of the character with Goblin Leader quest issue?

Thanks,
-driller
nobody-special wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:52 am I have a character stuck in the mines level V. He is caught on a tile. I thought the server reset every 6 hours during the day and the character was sent back to be beginning of the level. (It must not do that anymore. It has been a long time since I played.) The character's name is Nobody Special.

I created another character to play. This time Somebody Special. However he has not been able to complete the Mine quest given by the Mayor. I have explored the whole cave system, and killed the Goblin Leader and his posse 3 times at different times. Nothing happens. Nothing to find, touch or any thing that is dropped by the monsters to complete the quest. (the mayor continues to ask me if I have cleared the Kobold problem.)

Thanks
-- NS
nobody-special
Baron
Baron

Post by nobody-special »

Nobody Special and Somebody Special both have done the quest and found nothing that completes the quest. (Long ago it was something that droped from the goblin leader, all he drops is a Katana (socketed) and some unidentified arrows).

Holy coin? Ok I will give it a try. :)

Edit: Holy coin worked. Character is now unstuck.

--NS
nobody-special
Baron
Baron

Post by nobody-special »

Ok, where do I begin? I am not dumb!! I repeat I do not feel dumb!. Oh hell who am I kidding. I feel dumb because I was more or less meta gaming a quest that I thought was the way it was supposed to work.

The Mayor even ask me more or less? Hey dummy have you cleared that Kobold problem? And I told him, No not yet. That stupid goblin leader isn't dropping the head I know he should drop for this quest. (Let this be a lesson to meta gamers, the DM may change things in a module so pay attention and do not question his methods)

Now that I have slowed down and went back to the Mayor to find out "What is up with this stupid quest?" He again asked me "have I finished with the KOBOLD!!!! problem." Then it dawned on me that A kobold is not a goblin, so... (hey don't blame me! these kobolds never used to be here, tells you how long ago I have played BSK) anyway, I reread the journal quest notes and it gave a direction. To the east of the Hamlet.

Guess what? I found Kobolds and finished the quest. But I really don't feel that stupid. I was really delighted that there was something new that I didn't know about and now I wonder what else is new.. what else has changed. I am really looking forward to playing BSK again. Great job Driller! (and thanks for not laughing at me... are you laughing now? :P or just outright giving me the answer. :) )

--NS
Sapphire
Count
Count

Post by Sapphire »

Any time you find me in game just ask currently playing a monk/ninja spy under another nwn account (Shadow-Surfer)... Willing to help advise on virtually anything you may need to know in-game :) :)