Player created treasure

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Player created treasure

Post by driller »

I am thinking of adding player created in game loot. Basically you take an item and add whatever properties you want to it.

Then, when you are finished, the item is saved to the loot table and becomes part of the BSK loot drops. Items created this way would have a unique color and a description that said who/what/when on what character made it.

Do you think this is an ideal worth pursuing?

-driller
wdpepsiman1
Commoner
Commoner

Re: Player created treasure

Post by wdpepsiman1 »

interesting.....i like the idea
Axe Madness
Duke
Duke

Post by Axe Madness »

Sounds neat. I say yes :shock:
Mauric, Cervantes, Von Celer, Vicho Swift, Zod, Vex
Lilia
Baron
Baron

Post by Lilia »

Will this include level 40 items? Ones where very rare stones have been used...
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Possibly, the odds of a level 40 item dropping wold be so high that it is doubtful anyone would see it.

-driller
Lilia wrote:Will this include level 40 items? Ones where very rare stones have been used...
TropicOfCancer
Baron
Baron

Post by TropicOfCancer »

Lol here we go . Get ready to be spammed by +20 Hackmaster requests .

I got lvl 40 weapons out the ying yang , and I've traded them for lvl 4 items like a Bone Ring and thought I made off like a bandit doing so . Bring me a ring with Knock down immunity on it and I'll hand you an amber for it . It's the little things that make the difference . The Genie is out of the bottle as far as damage immunities go but forgable items that have 'extra melee damage bludgeoning/slash/or piercing' would change the entire dynamics of CvC . One of the things I like best now is umgahs carrying morning stars .I'll get back on subject now and ask , How do you want the requests given? Post them here or PM ?
Another thing I've seen on other servers Driller is a forge where you can rename items , AxeMadness has played there as well . It doesn't do anything as far as the weapons properties but it is good for characters that like to customize .
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

This would be all in game. No need to post a request. I thought about the ideal of renaming. But we all know how that would end up.

-driller
TropicOfCancer wrote:Lol here we go . Get ready to be spammed by +20 Hackmaster requests .

I got lvl 40 weapons out the ying yang , and I've traded them for lvl 4 items like a Bone Ring and thought I made off like a bandit doing so . Bring me a ring with Knock down immunity on it and I'll hand you an amber for it . It's the little things that make the difference . The Genie is out of the bottle as far as damage immunities go but forgable items that have 'extra melee damage bludgeoning/slash/or piercing' would change the entire dynamics of CvC . One of the things I like best now is umgahs carrying morning stars .I'll get back on subject now and ask , How do you want the requests given? Post them here or PM ?
Another thing I've seen on other servers Driller is a forge where you can rename items , AxeMadness has played there as well . It doesn't do anything as far as the weapons properties but it is good for characters that like to customize .
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

So this is only for items that we can forge? Then we take this forged item and place it in a special chest that records the properties? Do we get the item back?
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

You would create the item and it would be added to the loot tables. You do not get the item unless you find it in a drop.
It would not cost you anything to do it.

-driller
Capt Cliff wrote:So this is only for items that we can forge? Then we take this forged item and place it in a special chest that records the properties? Do we get the item back?
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

driller wrote:You would create the item and it would be added to the loot tables. You do not get the item unless you find it in a drop.

-driller
Capt Cliff wrote:So this is only for items that we can forge? Then we take this forged item and place it in a special chest that records the properties? Do we get the item back?
So not forge related, cool. You might want to allow the 1st or 2nd property to be free but after that you might want to charge say 500k gp a property. So you don't get a griefer trying to crash the server. How about a key that drops from one of the more tougher bosses. Oh, and you need to be able to name your creation. You also need to check on redundancey of items. I don't think you want 50 bone rings with same properties in the loot table, but if that's not a problem then never mind.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Yes, I agree. I was thinking of some limitation, maybe once per reset per character or charging gold.
I want lower levels to be able to create items also. I will limit the item level to the character that is creating it.
I am shying away from naming. It wouldn't take long to have hundreds of items with stupid names on them.
I am already working on the redundancy script.

Thanks,
-driller
Capt Cliff wrote:
driller wrote:You would create the item and it would be added to the loot tables. You do not get the item unless you find it in a drop.

-driller
So not forge related, cool. You might want to allow the 1st or 2nd property to be free but after that you might want to charge say 500k gp a property. So you don't get a griefer trying to crash the server. How about a key that drops from one of the more tougher bosses. Oh, and you need to be able to name your creation. You also need to check on redundancey of items. I don't think you want 50 bone rings with same properties in the loot table, but if that's not a problem then never mind.
Sapphire
Count
Count

Post by Sapphire »

I do like the idea that it is created in-game, but would also review and accept those whom would like to use the CEP tool set to give it that extra visual look too ? Would be nice if those amoung us with a bit of creative flair could show off a little in this respect.

Always felt there were a few gaps in BSK loot and item lists, but always thought this intentional on your behalf Driller to make things the challenge they are.

Another thought would be, how about letting players submit new area's and creatures to do battle with. I have no idea what sort of server resources BSK has available to extend to this. My theory though is more player input creates more interest and care for a server many of us still very much enjoy. Ultimately one would hope it prolongs its life too.

Sapphire
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

Any update on how this is going? Need any help play testing it?
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

As it is right now, there isn't any appearance changing, but it should be easy to add in.

-driller
Sapphire wrote:I do like the idea that it is created in-game, but would also review and accept those whom would like to use the CEP tool set to give it that extra visual look too ? Would be nice if those amoung us with a bit of creative flair could show off a little in this respect.

Always felt there were a few gaps in BSK loot and item lists, but always thought this intentional on your behalf Driller to make things the challenge they are.

Another thought would be, how about letting players submit new area's and creatures to do battle with. I have no idea what sort of server resources BSK has available to extend to this. My theory though is more player input creates more interest and care for a server many of us still very much enjoy. Ultimately one would hope it prolongs its life too.

Sapphire
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I modified one of the existing conversation driven forges from the vault to save time.
I am about 90% done, just need to find some time to finish it.

-driller
Capt Cliff wrote:Any update on how this is going? Need any help play testing it?