Crafting.

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

What type of crafting should BSK use?

1.Keep it as it is.
4%
2.Use the socket gems and Forge stones of BSK1.
61%
3.Use the crafting that Storm of Zehir had.
26%
4.I have my own ideal. I will post it.
9%

Total votes: 23

Milk_Chocolate
Duke
Duke

Re: Crafting.

Post by Milk_Chocolate »

Will there be a cap on the number of enchantments a crafted item can have?
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Yes. Probably about three.

-driller
Milk_Chocolate wrote:Will there be a cap on the number of enchantments a crafted item can have?
Milk_Chocolate
Duke
Duke

Post by Milk_Chocolate »

driller wrote:The characters will have to have the skills required to craft.

-driller
Milk_Chocolate wrote:Will crafting in NWN2 be done with the item crafting feats (craft magic arms and armor, etc) or can any character do it like in NWN1?
Hm... well if crafting is dependent on the craft armor/weapon skills, why not make the item crafting feats reduce the dc of the craft? So... if you have craft magic arms and armor the dc to craft an effect on your weapon or armor is reduced by 5 or 10 or something.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Or have them be required...

-driller
Milk_Chocolate wrote:
driller wrote:The characters will have to have the skills required to craft.

-driller
Milk_Chocolate wrote:Will crafting in NWN2 be done with the item crafting feats (craft magic arms and armor, etc) or can any character do it like in NWN1?
Hm... well if crafting is dependent on the craft armor/weapon skills, why not make the item crafting feats reduce the dc of the craft? So... if you have craft magic arms and armor the dc to craft an effect on your weapon or armor is reduced by 5 or 10 or something.
StarChild
Count
Count

Post by StarChild »

Yes having them be required is fine. Although I do not fully agree with the way the election turned out on this I do think 3-4 enchantments will be enough. That will still leave room for competition in drops and stores. If you start allowing more than that then the server will be forge dependant and your stores will mean nothing other than sell locations.

Once again please do not allow affects that certain classes attain freely. For instance if you have on hit stun I think your assassin and monk population will decrease severely. (Hell its already bad enough seeing that monks have no gear and assassins are broken). As clarified for me earlier if you put holy avenger then paladin population decreases and so on. I recommend the following affects (mostly they come from status spells)

Dehydration
Fatigue
Vampiric Regen
Confusion
Lesser Dispel (only)
Web
Blindness
Deafness

Maybe a few other minor ones that I'm missing. All of these are minor yet powerful in there own right. Also they don't take away from other classes build abilities. You can argue that this list will effect wizards but I doubt it. it will still be worth your while to build a wizard. Do not add enfeeblement to that list. That is sometimes bread and butter spell for mages fighting bosses.
AVAILABLE NOW!! Live Their Lives. Walk Their Adventures. Join Them...
http://TheDa-MaiSaga.webs.com
shadowflame
Count
Count

Post by shadowflame »

so will other items become craftable eventually? such as Boots,rings,ammys & cloaks
OrionNebula
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

You can craft rings and amulets right now. I plan on all equippable items will be craftable. Within reason of course.

-driller
shadowflame wrote:so will other items become craftable eventually? such as Boots,rings,ammys & cloaks
NIP
Commoner
Commoner

Post by NIP »

Hello everyone im a oldtime player that always played nwn and bsk was was infact my first server i ever played at .

Things to consider.
dont let any ac items be more than ac 5 same as a cleric can make
to mutch ac items and a fight lasts forever and it all comes down to who has the most medkits.

so my sugestion is let the weapons be crafteble to +6
stats to +6-10 somewhere
armor ac to +5
saves +5
skills +10
maybe regen +1 would be nice for when you do that bleeding hehe
Nottingham
Count
Count

Post by Nottingham »

Will crafting feats be required as well as the skill points? I vote yes.

craft weapon
craft armor
craft wonderours Item... belts, rings, etc.

I also think it should go something like this:

10 points +1
20 points +2
30 points +3
35 points +4
40 points +5

And I do not think that having the feats should lower the point requirement.

Perhaps item level restriction should be turned on as well.
"Man must be forced to be free." Thomas Hobbes
shadowflame
Count
Count

Post by shadowflame »

After much discussion about this on the server, it was mentioned that after the update a crafter wil require 56 skill points in craft weapon & armour to forge high end gear. Could you shed any light on this Driller?..as i think 56 skill points is an extremely high requirement. Or is this infomation wrong.
OrionNebula
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

A character that can forge highest gear should be a specialized build. So yes, it most likely will require 50+ skill to do so.

-driller
shadowflame wrote:After much discussion about this on the server, it was mentioned that after the update a crafter wil require 56 skill points in craft weapon & armour to forge high end gear. Could you shed any light on this Driller?..as i think 56 skill points is an extremely high requirement. Or is this infomation wrong.
StarChild
Count
Count

Post by StarChild »

driller wrote:A character that can forge highest gear should be a specialized build. So yes, it most likely will require 50+ skill to do so.

-driller
This makes perfect sense. Most normal builds will have about +30 in craft which means you can make items better than they sell in stores currently. Specialized builds can max +56. To do this requires

33 skill points craft
8 ability intell
2 intell (item or fox cunnint)
6 competance (bard 19)
4 Greater heroism
3 skill feat

Just like in real life; some people get cool stuff because they went through all the labor, time, effort, and training required to get there. And some of us just get mediocre stuff. I admit making a crafter has been most difficult. I'm only lvl 25 with a max ~48 craft at the moment. But i'm taking this build to the end so that my real characters will be kick A$*.
AVAILABLE NOW!! Live Their Lives. Walk Their Adventures. Join Them...
http://TheDa-MaiSaga.webs.com
Nottingham
Count
Count

Post by Nottingham »

Wow, and I thought my suggestion would be on the extreme end. :)

It is kind of nice being in the middle.
"Man must be forced to be free." Thomas Hobbes
Richard Larkinson
Knight
Knight

Post by Richard Larkinson »

I hate to rain on a few peoples parade, but after a lot of chatter I have made a build away from here that has managed to get 62 in the craft skills on its own. I know its not a good idea to mention builds, but since its being discussed openly what would be the max I may aswell put it out there, and well.. it is almost a pure bard.

Both Skills at 33.
Skill focus in Both Crafting Skills.
Starts off with 20 Int by picking the right race.
All Normal Stat points into Int.
All of the Epic Feats bar for 1 in Great Int.
Fox's Cunning Buff
Greater Heroism Buff
Inspire Competence +8 from being 27 Bard.

Final Calculations =
33 (skill) + 3 (skill focus) + 12 (total int bonus) + 2 (int buff)+ 4 (greater heroism) + 8 (inspire competence)
= 62.

It could get to 63 with a cleric friend casting prayer on you.. but I am sure that is the absolute maximum you could get.
shadowflame
Count
Count

Post by shadowflame »

Great now everyone knows the scoop,

"Hate to rain on a few peoples parade" when people start a sentance with this sort of statement, it generally means thats exactly what they intend to do lol..

Point is, it takes a dedicated build as it is achieving 50+ points in crafting skills, if we raise the bar any higher i feel most players would just lose interest in the future crafting system.

Building a pure bard with only crafting feats & epic inteligence feats is no walk in the park, there is no room for any other feats whatsoever, try getting to lvl 30 with a toon that has the same fighting skills that they possesed at lvl 1
OrionNebula