Crafting.

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

What type of crafting should BSK use?

1.Keep it as it is.
4%
2.Use the socket gems and Forge stones of BSK1.
61%
3.Use the crafting that Storm of Zehir had.
26%
4.I have my own ideal. I will post it.
9%

Total votes: 23

driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Crafting.

Post by driller »

I am working on a large update. I am thinking of changing the crafting.
Please give me your suggestions.

-driller
Kmoki
Commoner
Commoner

Re: Crafting.

Post by Kmoki »

I liked the mystery that was built up around the socket and forge stone system from BSK 1. I feel like it really added something to the world that it had aspects that required either experimentation or socialization to discover. Granted, it was a little obtuse and arcane to newbs, and people used the system to create a world where crafted items were required to compete.

I don't think that's a bad thing, though. The best available items should be player-crafted. It helps create a market dynamic that in turn inspires role-play. I remember that there were shady characters who would offer newbs (and brave vets blaying genuinely noobish characters) cash payouts for their forge stones. Shady, but then those same people developed a reputation as scam-artists, and people's responses to that affected the ongoing story of the persistent world.

Plus, it's fun to learn new things, even if you make some mistakes on the way. :)

[I sold a blue forge stone for 5000 gold at Lvl 3. It was some months later before I got interested in using them, and realized what a stupidhead I had been.)
"I think I can say with no irony whatsoever that this plan is flawless."
Wielder of the Mustache of Power
StarChild
Count
Count

Post by StarChild »

I say we try to stay away from the BSK1 power of crafting but add some (not all) of its diversity. The fact that blue stones are now random is irritating because they are already so rare. This means to get the weap you want you need to burn several reds to get ur fav dmg type and then you might have to burn a blue. then you have to burn several reds again then a blue. Unless you plan on making these stones less rare then it is a bad system as it stands.

Keep the stones specific is what i say. But on BSK 1 we had too many colors of stone that made weapons too powerful. The stores and drops could not compete with what we made. Hell Akon only had one item that came close to competing.

Hence my suggested changes and additions:

1. RED

Drop rate and randomness stay the same (I dont mind burning through these cz i find lots of them). I will say please raise the power of these. 5% immunity means nothing unless all the immunities stack (ie helmet, ring, armor, etc..) otherwise raise it to 15% so that it means something. Also DMG type to 1d6 for auras. I honestly only pick dmg types relevant to my chars. It sucks that their auras dont show. I truly mean that sucks.Ice for Wynter, Electric for my air genasi wind mage Daylin, Acid for Star.

2. GREEN

Random on hit affect not found in game builds. For instance dont make it stun, death attack, or wounding cz that makes monks, assasins, and invis blades less valuable. Make it vampiric regen, confusion, dehydration, etc.

3. BLUE
AB and AB only. You can make change it from AB to enchant once a crafter reaches +40 craft. This way it wont be a waste to go through the pain of building a crafter and you dont have to worry about making blues add 5 dmg bcz it comes with enchant.

4. PURPLE
These can be very very rare. Random ability +6. Dex Str Wis etc.

5. AMBER (OR ORANGE)
Here is where you can put your ultra ultra ultra rare stone. This stone can have some uber on hit spell. Not devestating crit by the way. YOu can either make it an on hit spell (which I prefer). or add spell once perday to item. These can range in randomness through lvl 8 and 9 spell list. On hit disjunction or meteor storm is worth the ultra rarity.

Dont add a feat stone like two weapon fighting. Let that be up to drops and shops to carry weapons with feats and utility spells like freedom of movement. Makes competition between crafters and shop keepers because they have stuff we cant make and we can make stuff they dont sell.

To make the shops and crafters competive. Give the shops things like holy avenger and very expensive +6 enchant weapons. Very expensive by the way.

Dont go above having 5-6 type of imbue stones. It gets ridiculous after that. Give the drops some meaning too. Maybe rare items can come in drops that are tooo expensive for the average man to buy.

Add gloves for monks in the game. Dont make this an anti "insert class here" server. Some servers are anti rogue and thats not fair. At the current moment our server is anti monk. Extremely anti monk might I add. Some may argue that is anti fighter but if the crafting gets fixed it may not be so antifighter
AVAILABLE NOW!! Live Their Lives. Walk Their Adventures. Join Them...
http://TheDa-MaiSaga.webs.com
sword of dreams
Commoner
Commoner

Post by sword of dreams »

Holy Avenger should be for paladins only not in some shop for everyone to have a grab at...it takes 14 or 15 lvls of paladin to acquire this....
shadowflame
Count
Count

Post by shadowflame »

i think a socket system like bsk1 would be great, part of bsk1 attraction and magic to me was its crafting system, kept me coming back for more everytime!!
OrionNebula
StarChild
Count
Count

Post by StarChild »

Just pray tell where paladins go get this holy avenger. Most likely at a SHOP in a temple or something. By the way they are only usable by paladins as part of the weapons to me. Which says to me that even if it were laying on the side of the road somewhere that only paladins can use it.
sword of dreams
Commoner
Commoner

Post by sword of dreams »

it is a feat that paladins get at lvl 14 or 15 so having it in stores would devalue this feat in my opinion...it is something that has been earned through lvl progression just like mages and sorc do
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Since the BSK1 crafting looks like it has won. I started working on the Forge area. Here is a toolset shot of it.

-driller

http://www.blackstonekeep.com/forge.jpg
Kmoki
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Kmoki »

Woop.

Out of curiosity, are you considering adding the Frost Giants back into the Forge area? It was always funny to me that they just kept defending what was essentially a highway for epic-level characters.
"I think I can say with no irony whatsoever that this plan is flawless."
Wielder of the Mustache of Power
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

It wouldn't be the Forge without Frost Giants.

-driller
Kmoki wrote:Woop.

Out of curiosity, are you considering adding the Frost Giants back into the Forge area? It was always funny to me that they just kept defending what was essentially a highway for epic-level characters.
StarChild
Count
Count

Post by StarChild »

It looks nice Driller. Even though I have the highest lvl crafter so far on the server I didnt want the forge to win. I did want the forge to be stiff competition for the shops and slightly better vs drops. I like the forge. I just did not want what happened on bsk 1 where no one went to the shops except to sell stuff and no one tried to spawn akon except to sell things at a higher $ than they could get at the local stores. '

Please put items in stores that will compete against what the top crafter to make. Please put items in drops that have properties that forgers can not reproduce. It will help keep the game stay balanced.
Milk_Chocolate
Duke
Duke

Post by Milk_Chocolate »

Will crafting in NWN2 be done with the item crafting feats (craft magic arms and armor, etc) or can any character do it like in NWN1?
shadowflame
Count
Count

Post by shadowflame »

well im delighted the socket system has been chosen, will it be identical to bsk1 driller? or are you limiting the enchants to 2 stones still?...im a little confused
OrionNebula
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

The characters will have to have the skills required to craft.

-driller
Milk_Chocolate wrote:Will crafting in NWN2 be done with the item crafting feats (craft magic arms and armor, etc) or can any character do it like in NWN1?
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Everything will work about like it did before, but it will be toned down.

-driller
shadowflame wrote:well im delighted the socket system has been chosen, will it be identical to bsk1 driller? or are you limiting the enchants to 2 stones still?...im a little confused