Eye's of Akon

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Eye's of Akon

Post by Capt Cliff »

With the increase in pickpocketing, especially high level's praying on the lower level's (35th vs 23rd, yes I know they are both epic), Eye's of Akon need to be in the stores and not a random 1:100 drop! A 23rd lvl vs. a 35th lvl is not a fair PvP, so people will just eat the loss.
Another suggestion is that thief's killed by an eye can not be raised (or maybe even repawned) except by the victim. That might be impossible. It is now more profitable to pp PC's in the souther wastes than it is to fight umgahs in the underdark.
Elfrogue
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Elfrogue »

Sorry if this isn't a good thread to ask this in, but seems like a good spot.
* Pick Pocketing is allowed, but regulated.
Feel free to lighten anyone’s pockets you dare to stick your hands into. Please be courteous and do not PP the same character more than 3 times in a 24-hour period (that is a RL timeframe not game). Be aware that the Law of the Land allows the victim of a thief the right to respond with deadly force. (Take screenshots to support your action incase it becomes a player dispute rather than just a character interaction.) In the case of the PP’ing character being slain by the victim, the victim does NOT HAVE TO RAISE YOU. That is the price one must pay for being a Pick Pocket.
(In game scripts may overrule the forum rules on this or other rules.)
What exactly does the last statement mean? Are there scripts that will allow a character to PP more than 3 times, and those are the final ruling or that there may be scripts that wont allow for 3 times? This came up in discussion today and I want to be clear about this.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

There are scripts in place that are supposed to stop PP'ing more than three times per player. Also, there are scripts that stop large items from being taken. These could be broken of course.

-driller
Queen Naga II
Duke
Duke

Post by Queen Naga II »

The PP 3 times is broken I would say, I would have had the evidence but an untimely crash stopped me from getting the screenshots.
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

I agree that selling Eye of Akons in stores would be a good thing. I also agree with Naga that the script isn't firing correctly, because although I don't have concrete proof, I think I was PPed more than 3 times due to obviously missing items in my inventory, and the thief returning only two items after my Eye killed him.
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

viobane wrote:I agree that selling Eye of Akons in stores would be a good thing. I also agree with Naga that the script isn't firing correctly, because although I don't have concrete proof, I think I was PPed more than 3 times due to obviously missing items in my inventory, and the thief returning only two items after my Eye killed him.
i agree with them, do we have the right to guard our stuff against peeps like that, right :?:
~=% Run from your nightmares, chase after your dreams, but in the end ... they both come to you in sleep %=~
temordae01
Baron
Baron

Post by temordae01 »

Yep. Let's sell those buggers. Make them a bit higher priced though otherwise the thief types will cry and while that everyone is against them and there's no reason to play a thief...or something.
With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
- Steven Weinberg
Ishamael
Commoner
Commoner

Re: Eye's of Akon

Post by Ishamael »

Capt Cliff wrote:With the increase in pickpocketing, especially high level's praying on the lower level's (35th vs 23rd, yes I know they are both epic), Eye's of Akon need to be in the stores and not a random 1:100 drop! A 23rd lvl vs. a 35th lvl is not a fair PvP, so people will just eat the loss.
Another suggestion is that thief's killed by an eye can not be raised (or maybe even repawned) except by the victim. That might be impossible. It is now more profitable to pp PC's in the souther wastes than it is to fight umgahs in the underdark.
I think the perma-death is a little harsh. The NWN put skills like spot in to counter the stealth and pickpocket. If you don't want to take a few skills in spot, then you put your own self at risk for PP. Driller has even modified the spell True Seeing and added the item "Eye of Akon" to BSK to help people against theives. The eye of akon deals a modified harm spell when triggered (when it triggers, of course), which will kill the thief if he has only been slightly injured.

However, the thief does have items available to them such as Robes of Blending (which is fairly hard to find), Rings of Hiding (not hard to find at all) and other items which increases stealth skill. BUT the average spotter does not have many items available to them that will increase their spot skill. And the failure of anti-thief scripts to trigger makes it is a major advantage for thieves everywhere.

So why not simply implement some more spot items? If the theif is unfairly unbalanced against his victim, then give the oppurtunity for the victim to fight back. But letting an Eye of Akon do the work for you is just wrong, if you ask me. The rich will be able to protect their precious items while the new players are left defenseless.
Cajin
Count
Count

Post by Cajin »

to be honest, I am a sneaker fan and loving it. I take pride in perfecting sneaker builds and mostly on the assassin area.

PP'ing is a nice thing to do in a RP way, to me, it's common sense to return said items if I get caught red handed IC or blasted by an eye of Akon. Simply because I like all players to have fun and I would apreciate it myself as well.

my 2 cents :)
- Cajin "The Reborn"
- Kelth and William McEwann
- Ghûrzhazh Rhânanûr
-Duncan "The Hunk" Mackinlay
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

Cajin wrote:to be honest, I am a sneaker fan and loving it. I take pride in perfecting sneaker builds and mostly on the assassin area.

PP'ing is a nice thing to do in a RP way, to me, it's common sense to return said items if I get caught red handed IC or blasted by an eye of Akon. Simply because I like all players to have fun and I would apreciate it myself as well.

my 2 cents :)
RPing it out is all fine and good. I think a good RP of PPing would involve "bumping" into the person and saying excuse me, or using a confederate to distract the person while another sneaks behind and PPs. I think the problem I have is with the non-RPed hit and run sort of approach, which is just loot grabs as opposed to an honest RPed out situation...

Now there ARE those who PP in the dash and grab style that are trying to instigate PvP on purpose, but that's a whole other ball of wax.
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

viobane wrote:Now there ARE those who PP in the dash and grab style that are trying to instigate PvP on purpose, but that's a whole other ball of wax.
don't we have areas for pvp for peeps who -actually- enjoy that? instead of forcing that on peeps who highly dislike player kills :?:
~=% Run from your nightmares, chase after your dreams, but in the end ... they both come to you in sleep %=~
Queen Naga II
Duke
Duke

Post by Queen Naga II »

Strickly speaking K9 we don't unless your thinking of the Blackrose area.

The problem many are encountering at the moment is not in the blackrose area but places like the the long passage and various areas of the wastes.

I wouldn't mind a PP that envolved RP but it is not happening right now, all that is happening is to provoke PvP situations upon those that don't want it by actions of a thief that doesn't give a damn about other players enjoyment of the game. Seeking only to satisfy themselves and the disrupting and griefing of other players said enjoyment. Which seems to give them even more enjoyment to continually harrass other players whom don't want or need it.
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

driller wrote:There are scripts in place that are supposed to stop PP'ing more than three times per player. Also, there are scripts that stop large items from being taken. These could be broken of course.

-driller
My 23rd lvl was attacked out in the wasteland by a 35th lvl. I lost a shield and a wand, both inside bags. There was no rping after the eye killed the thief ... his accomplice razed them and they both disappeared. I did not get my items back ... no one to rp with! There needs to be a lvl diff for pping or no pping while in party. But you could still talk to your accomplice via tells. This is a problem ...
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

Queen Naga II wrote:Strickly speaking K9 we don't unless your thinking of the Blackrose area.

The problem many are encountering at the moment is not in the blackrose area but places like the the long passage and various areas of the wastes.

I wouldn't mind a PP that envolved RP but it is not happening right now, all that is happening is to provoke PvP situations upon those that don't want it by actions of a thief that doesn't give a damn about other players enjoyment of the game. Seeking only to satisfy themselves and the disrupting and griefing of other players said enjoyment. Which seems to give them even more enjoyment to continually harrass other players whom don't want or need it.
didn't i say this will happen :?: i guess we have to pay the piper right now... we need to start of list of chars who are willing to be victims and a list of -do not pp me- only the victims list can the bandit can pp, any body else is off limits... in that way, chars are agree to be pp, but the bandit does not have to ask every time to pp, but they (the bandits) know who to pp and who does not want that...

aren't dm suppose to enforce the said rules :?: if the players are forced to enforced the rules, things will be very ugly....

one more point, what is so good about pp players :?: all it is doing making peeps mad and breaking the core of players, if enough time will past, bsk will be history because no one want s to play on the server anymore because of lack of enforcing the said rules and they no longer keep the stuff that earn so hard :?:
Carpe_DM1
Count
Count

Post by Carpe_DM1 »

[quote="k9mouse] didn't i say this will happen :?: i guess we have to pay the piper right now... we need to start of list of chars who are willing to be victims and a list of -do not pp me- only the victims list can the bandit can pp, any body else is off limits... in that way, chars are agree to be pp, but the bandit does not have to ask every time to pp, but they (the bandits) know who to pp and who does not want that...

aren't dm suppose to enforce the said rules :?: if the players are forced to enforced the rules, things will be very ugly....

one more point, what is so good about pp players :?: all it is doing making peeps mad and breaking the core of players, if enough time will past, bsk will be history because no one want s to play on the server anymore because of lack of enforcing the said rules and they no longer keep the stuff that earn so hard :?:[/quote]

I've said this before. Us DMs cannot sit beside your chars for every living moment you are on playing. If you notice a breach of the rules, screenshot it and send it to a DM. Or if one is on, contact them immediately for aid in resolution. Rules do get enforced sadly I cannot be on 24 hrs a day (shift work sucks) to hold your hand. The DM team do try to handle what they can and moderate where needed, but you as responsible players need to keep us informed, give us screenshots and/or stop complaining that enforcement doesnt happen or point fingers. The more you complain about PP, the more you are painting yourself as a target. Do what you can to be on guard against it. And if you notice someone targeting an area, form a posse and have some as lookouts.

As a side note, for you PPers out there, if you are lucky enough to be in a party and someone comes to rez you, be fair to your PP victim and return ALL you stole. OOC Rezzes by party members after your PPer death does not mean you can get up, go into stealth and disappear and not pay the penalty for death. That means, what you stole is left behind because anyone who catches you is sure to search and remove your stolen items. I've received one or two notices already about certain players and you can be sure, we're watching. :twisted:
"Common sense is not so common" -Voltaire
"I thought to myself 'Why doesn't someone do something about that?' ...And then I realized I'm someone" - Lily Tomlin (when commenting on the environment and other tragic circumstances)