Penalty for being an archer?

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Some new guy
Knight
Knight

Penalty for being an archer?

Post by Some new guy »

So, I've managed to play a little and have thoroughly enjoyed myself while sniping and providing air cover for the front-line, damage absorption units.

With a little sneak damage, a little arrow damage, some AA unique damage and rarely missing, my kill rate (and damage delivery) has been at the higher end of most parties. However, it is all I can do to buy arrows. I spent a lot of time in party disrupting the shadows so they did not decimate us with spells and the grunts grabbed the drops.

Similar thing happened in the ants when I focused on the soldiers. Now one party I was there with was great. Another time there were two of us and we were sharing drops. Then we invite the monk to the party and he whizzed all around grabbing drops like there was no tomorrow.

When I dared make the complaint that I was not getting drops (and made the side comment that I had only seen 2 forge stones in 20some levels) I was told that "that's the penalty for being an archer."

I have been in the Keep since talking to folks. I've been made to feel very welcome here. Is there a general protocol for drops here? The people who helped me at early levels are all crazy high levels now and I cannot follow where they go.

If you see B'rinn and/or Mousefur the Pixie (Don't ask about the name, she lost a bet) and know how to share, shoot me an invite. I'd be happy to administer some pain treatment with you.
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Re: Penalty for being an archer?

Post by k9mouse »

Some new guy wrote: Mousefur the Pixie (Don't ask about the name, she lost a bet)
mousefur, eh? :twisted: :wink:
~=% Run from your nightmares, chase after your dreams, but in the end ... they both come to you in sleep %=~
Some new guy
Knight
Knight

Post by Some new guy »

k9mouse wrote: mousefur, eh? :twisted: :wink:
*pointedly ignoring question*
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

The protocol is in the party you are a part of. If you're with people who are selfish jerks, I'd say drop party and find others to be with. There are many who care more about the partying experience more than the loot drops. *GASPS* Some parties even give each other loot that will help their unique character!!!!

But really, if you're interested in a bit of good old BSK RP, shoot me a PM and I'll set you up ;)
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

Speaking of losing bets...

One of the members of a rivel band of ours were playng poker, and the loser had to get the winner's name tattoo on their rear.

England is a great place to live.
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

Some new guy wrote:
k9mouse wrote: mousefur, eh? :twisted: :wink:
*pointedly ignoring question*
awwww..... :cry:
~=% Run from your nightmares, chase after your dreams, but in the end ... they both come to you in sleep %=~
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

Pretty Fly White Guy wrote:Speaking of losing bets...

One of the members of a rivel band of ours were playng poker, and the loser had to get the winner's name tattoo on their rear.

England is a great place to live.
sounds like a fun place 8)
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

yeah. One game im glad i wasn;t in on :)

Land of (good) punk, Tea and invading other countries with stupid hats!
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

Sometimes you just have to give people the shaft.
ZOMFGOMBIES!
Queen Naga II
Duke
Duke

Post by Queen Naga II »

Unfortunately this is exactly the negative side of partying I refered to in another post. Some people just grab and always grab even if it isn't their drop, speaking here of Lady Lia drops.

Near the same for a gong drop but I could never tell who triggered the gong in a fight with a mob. Unlike Lady Lia were you are told you are rewarded. Not much good that if you've party with loot grabbers.

Wish Driller could see the rush when a forge stone drops in a party like this, especially where there are 3 or 4 just leaving their monster they are engaged with half way through just to rush to be first to get the forge stone. This is exactly why some people don't party.

I would really like to see party drops where it drops loot direct into ones inventory and not on the floor. Two fold benefit, no one in a party gets left out, and there is no litter less someone decides to drop.

Few parties I have been actually do share but on the whole these are too infrequent and it only takes one to mess it up like this monk you encountered.

Like has been said here your only option is to drop party most the time or refuse to party up with said monk ever again.

Why an archer should be penalised by not getting drops like this is totally selfish on the part of the monk, either your in party or your not. And that is not a justification for the monk to swallow up all the loot because an archer is a range fighter.

I do hope you find better less selfish players when you party up in the future, til the loot system is altered we all have to put up with these types. Best policy I found is not to party with those that play for themselves and not for the party.

In future when such players ask you why, you can simply say you don't share so go share with yourself.
temordae01
Baron
Baron

Post by temordae01 »

viobane wrote:The protocol is in the party you are a part of. If you're with people who are selfish jerks, I'd say drop party and find others to be with. There are many who care more about the partying experience more than the loot drops. *GASPS* Some parties even give each other loot that will help their unique character!!!!

But really, if you're interested in a bit of good old BSK RP, shoot me a PM and I'll set you up ;)
Yep. Join up with Alana Windsong, Depadee, Alastor, and James. So far we've got two archers in the group. We'd be glad for a third. Alana can solo the shadows easily and has been getting nice drops there. I make sure to get whatever needs getting to whomever needs it in the party. Her AA build is heavy into damage potential. AAs are the perfect mage killers and kick butt when teamed with good tanks. As for the penalty of being an archer is the lack of drops in a party..that's a bunch of bull when you get with the right teammates.
With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
- Steven Weinberg
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

Yes playing an archer can be the pits with the loot grabbers. They can't help themselves they were born that way or was it hatched? Best it to bump around with different people until you find pallies you can trust, then party with them. Most likely you'll meet other players from these encounters. So ... if you see Richo, or Draco, or Beauwolf, or Smiler, or Felix ... and other's I play strike up a rp conversation and we can go kill some bad guys, get some loot and go get drunk together!!
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

If someone steals your loot, they are automatically consenting to PVP.

-driller
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

driller wrote:If someone steals your loot, they are automatically consenting to PVP.

-driller
Even when your "in party" with them?
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

yes, one might have to leave party to do anything..... i know some poeple who like grabs someone's esle's loot, just ask for it back, i will just gave it back to you.... if we really do not know who it is for sure (in a case of forgies), we just roll a 20 for it... the hightest number wins... that seems fair to me...