Subraces

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

magicshisha
Knight
Knight

Subraces

Post by magicshisha »

I have some questions regarding stat modifying subraces like Saban, Scamp, etc...

Let's start with Saban: You get +1 str but -1 dex.
If i start my character with 13 Dex and chose Scamp as a subrace, will i be able to chose feats that require 13 dex (e.g. dodge) or do i have to start with 14 dex?
Furthermore i am not sure whether i can max my dex to 25 with a starting dex of 13 and if if the +1 Str bonus of the subrace counts towards the +12 cap.

Same problem with Scamps: +1 dex, -1 str, -1 con
Lets pretend i start my character with 12 con. I'd get +1 hp each lvl because of the con modifier. Will i still get +1 hp each level altho this subrace will decrease my con by one?

Detailed and plain answers would be appreciated. No presumptions please.

Thank you,
magicshisha
wimpyisdead
Knight
Knight

Post by wimpyisdead »

is there somewhere on this site where you detail how to make/be the subraces? just wondering.
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

The Subraces give a magical bonus. They do not alter your base stats.
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

wimpyisdead wrote:is there somewhere on this site where you detail how to make/be the subraces? just wondering.
There are the sections Myle spent a lot of time putting together on the various rules of BSK. I'm always amazed that people don't look there when they first start on the server/forum.

http://thewastelands.org/viewtopic.php?t=226
ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

Post by ValentianNizzle »

viobane wrote:
wimpyisdead wrote:is there somewhere on this site where you detail how to make/be the subraces? just wondering.
There are the sections Myle spent a lot of time putting together on the various rules of BSK. I'm always amazed that people don't look there when they first start on the server/forum.

Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than a question is an answer. - Rule of Acquisition 208.
wimpyisdead
Knight
Knight

Post by wimpyisdead »

viobane wrote:

He did a great job with that info..
i read that part, it says the same thing it does at the beggining of the game.
but my question (a little more detailed than the given info i suppose) is about this:
Bladecaster:
Must be a neutral Elf with 3 levels of wizard/sorcerer and 2 levels of fighter.
You will receive an Elf Blade (A bastard sword which requires the Exotic Weapons Feat.) that levels on its own and enables the player to cast random magic.
how do you start the game with "3 levels of wizard/sorcerer and 2 levels of fighter."?
Maybe im just not getting something.
Which could be very true.
I can be oblivious at times.
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

in order to get a blade you must select that subrace and level up to 3 wizard/sorc and 2ftr and have the exotic weapon proficency. then you'll get your elfblade.