Gelatinious Cube not spawning

Report any bugs you find here.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Gelatinious Cube not spawning

Post by Cornflower »

I've spent some time in bordermarch now. I think I have during the last three days cleared the Catacombs some 10-12 times. None of these times have I managed to find the infamous Gelatinious Cube. Either the spawn is broken or I have extremely bad luck. My gold is on broken spawn.

Has anyone else seen a cube these last few days?
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
TM5000
Commoner
Commoner

Re: Gelatinious Cube not spawning

Post by TM5000 »

I have just had the same experience looking for that damned cube.
- Sivit: Kazrite Necromancer
- Sevok Sikthorn: Master of Stealth
-Runnik: Fists of Fury
-Joe Forestal: Nature's Defender
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

OK, today I found it on first try. Wheee!
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

But now I have the same trouble with the Winter Wolf cave. There's no pack leader there. I've exited and re-entered in total nine times. No pack leader. Is Hagar's quests cursed?

*edit*
The cave have spawned three champions in the last 15 times I've been in. I visit the cave both on the way out and the way back from the other quests... "One of the clinical definitions of insanity is to repeat the exact same behaviour and expect the results to vary".
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

This is because I rewrote the spawner. It was buggy and when all of them would fire it sometimes take several milliseconds to complete. It now is in the nano second range.

I need to add a few boss mob waypoints. I use cached waypoints spawns for speed and forgot to add a WP for the quest/boss mob.
Cornflower wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:09 am But now I have the same trouble with the Winter Wolf cave. There's no pack leader there. I've exited and re-entered in total nine times. No pack leader. Is Hagar's quests cursed?

*edit*
The cave have spawned three champions in the last 15 times I've been in. I visit the cave both on the way out and the way back from the other quests... "One of the clinical definitions of insanity is to repeat the exact same behaviour and expect the results to vary".
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

OK, thank you for the prompt reply, even if that explanation went way over my head. When I was scripting, those were not things I was doing.... :-)

I'll just keep occasionally popping in and see if I can see the boss sooner or later.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)