The New Portal System - I am Confused

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

The New Portal System - I am Confused

Post by Capt Cliff »

I am confused! I logged into the game and my toon appeared in the temple. I went out into the keep to use the way point to go to Umgahvile. I messed around in Umgahville and decided to go back to the temple in the Keep. I placed my town portal with my book. Entered it and went not to the temple but to the Citadel!!! What is going on?? Is this a bug? Where does it tell me the last "town" I visited? I am confused. Can you please have the Town Portal Book provide a selection of places/towns where the portal book can take me, like the way point system. You visit these towns with portals select then like the way point system and it scribes the destination into the town portal book. Easy peeze!

I know what driller is trying to do but now it is to confusing and a waste of time trying to figure out how to get any place. IMHO
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Re: The New Portal System - I am Confused

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

Town portal books will take you to the nearest town portal.

I don't see what's so confusing.

EDIT: This isn't true, but I'm leaving it for posterity, please see below.
Last edited by Pretty Fly White Guy on Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

Pretty Fly White Guy wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:13 pm Town portal books will take you to the nearest town portal.

That is not how I see it. Perhaps Driller should provide a map? But per one of drillers postings it's the last town with a portal you passed through you will return to, which makes your statement wrong.

"Player respawns and portals are tied to the last town you visited.", this is per driller!
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

Capt Cliff wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:17 am "Player respawns and portals are tied to the last town you visited.", this is per driller!
Apologies for my misinformation. But again, I don't see what's so confusing about this.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I changed this to the areas tied to the town you are in is where the portal will return you to.
Typically, the town you got the quest from is where the portal will point back to.
Capt Cliff wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:17 am
Pretty Fly White Guy wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:13 pm Town portal books will take you to the nearest town portal.

That is not how I see it. Perhaps Driller should provide a map? But per one of drillers postings it's the last town with a portal you passed through you will return to, which makes your statement wrong.

"Player respawns and portals are tied to the last town you visited.", this is per driller!
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

driller wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:25 am I changed this to the areas tied to the town you are in is where the portal will return you to.
Typically, the town you got the quest from is where the portal will point back to.
An what happens after all your quests are completed? Since the toon I had the problem with is a lvl 40 who is not doing quests anymore, but still has quests in his journal! Expanding the Town Portal book so you can add town portals to it hence when you place it you are given a selection as to where you would like to go might be a solution. But that might conflict with what you are trying to do driller.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

It is based on the areas. The areas associated with the nearest town.
Capt Cliff wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:16 pm
driller wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:25 am I changed this to the areas tied to the town you are in is where the portal will return you to.
An what happens after all your quests are completed? Since the toon I had the problem with is a lvl 40 who is not doing quests anymore, but still has quests in his journal! Expanding the Town Portal book so you can add town portals to it hence when you place it you are given a selection as to where you would like to go might be a solution. But that might conflict with what you are trying to do driller.
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

driller wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:57 pm It is based on the areas. The areas associated with the nearest town.
Based on that it would be nice if the way point portal and the Town Book portals were adjacent to one another, Or make them the same physical portal. Use the Town portal book to the nearest way point portal then the way point portal to The Keep or Bordermarch or where ever. As for the portal scrolls they really need to be inside, the Cantina basement in the Oasis, Tavern in The Keep and a Tavern in the Bordermarch. IMHO