Harpies

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
Twirlip
Commoner
Commoner

Harpies

Post by Twirlip »

Something feels wrong with the difficulty level of the Waste harpies. I've tested with a couple of build types and in both cases they seem much harder than the formians a couple of areas away which were rewarding 4 times as much experience. As another measure, there is a quest in that area. I was able to relatively easily complete the objectives of the following two quests in that chain without problems, but couldn't actually progress to obtaining them because I was having so much trouble completing the quest in the harpies area. Maybe take a look at the challenge rating?
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Harpies

Post by driller »

They have been adjusted, they had the wrong hide on them. Please let me know.
Twirlip
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Twirlip »

Hard to tell now because I've out levelled that zone. Just testing now however, I did notice that whilst they were giving just 4 xp, the Azur next door are still giving 100+ and are much, much easier.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

This will be in affect after the reset.
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

The experience reward for those Harpies has gone down. They were better than the Azul now they are less, 300 vs 450+! FYI
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Well, easy to kill = less xp/harder to kill = more xp. Of the two, which one do you want?
Capt Cliff wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:53 pm The experience reward for those Harpies has gone down. They were better than the Azul now they are less, 300 vs 450+! FYI
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

driller wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:13 am Well, easy to kill = less xp/harder to kill = more xp. Of the two, which one do you want?
Capt Cliff wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:53 pm The experience reward for those Harpies has gone down. They were better than the Azul now they are less, 300 vs 450+! FYI
Works for me ... more an FYI than a complaint! A Dungeon Masters work is never done!