Disarm

Report any bugs you find here.
Fletch
Commoner
Commoner

Re: Disarm

Post by Fletch »

As the other Minion... Let me tell my side of the story...

When I woke for the day I first looked for my Master, as I always do. I wanted to see if there was any bidding he would allow me to complete for him. Once I realized my Master was nowhere to be found I felt alone... and lost. There seemed now much left to live for until the master returned. But then in the distance, on the Blackstone streets who did i see? Well, it was Minion, my brother! As I approached we shared the laugh we always share, and i could see in his eyes the anguish. The same anguish I had of our Master not being present. So, I proposed a plan to take our minds off the pain... Let us venture forth to the Desert. Maybe we will run into some adventure. Minion Agreed! When we arrived in "Oasis" and we noticed something new... Amiss you may say.... New portals... New People... It was a bustle of activity. Nothing like it was the day before! As we gaze upon the travelers going to and from portals and vendors. they looked ... tired... weak... And i could see in their eyes... They must have missed Master too! So, I thought to myself “what can i do to ease their pain?” What can i do to take their minds off this worry we all feel with the Master being gone. It struck me like a Harm spell! The least I could do is lighten their purse!! This would free up some weight for them! They could travel this infernal desert with speed! Their bags not overflowing with that heavy gold! It was the least we could do for these travelers feeling the same pain we were.

So quick as lightening we proceed with our heartfelt plan! The first traveler, none the wiser we were even there. I could tell right away he felt lighter in his feet and quick to travel! He did not need to thank us... he didn’t... but still no need - We are doing the master’s work now. I knew we had done the right thing. The second and third, the same! A few times I would take a forgestone or large piece of Armor but I knew these items were forbidden and I would replace them faster than I took them! A few times Thunder would strike me unconscious!! I could only assume this was master trying to help. Everything was going excellent for a while... then out of nowhere a short, fat, little dwarf was so distraught with the pain of master not being around he broke into a rage! He chased me with an Axe in one hand and snarl on his fat, little face! I knew Master wound not approve of me not defending myself. Even though I knew the pain he was having was from the master not being around. To my luck, my brother Minion seen me fighting for life and came quick to protect the master’s interests. Before we knew it, his anger had spread to 2 additional travelers. We knew we had to put them down as to stop the suffering. It was a grand fight. Kazara came to aid a few times - So much blood. Theirs mainly... but they knew something we did not know... they had a trick up their sleeves... All time stopped... Minion and I were out in the open. Weapons in hand. Sadness in our hearts... Frozen in time... But the little fat man and his two accomplices where free to move. As they approached we prepared for death. We were relieved that we could slumber until the master returns and everything would be right again! But to my surprise, that is not what happened... The little fat man slammed his axe and shield onto our arms! Our weapons went Flying across the sand! Minion and exchanged frozen glances of panic! As the 3 accomplices picked up our weapons and stuffed them into their already heavy packs we realized this may have been their plan all along.

It felt like days went by in merely seconds. The next thing I remember is Minion and I in the temple. The short fat man was in front of us with a sneer on his squat face. As we tried to explain what had happened, it seemed we did not speak the same language. We politely asked for our toys back and got the response "Call da police" We tried to find out who or what "Da Police" was but was only met with incoherent sentences. We deciphered he must not be from these lands... As minion and I retired for the night we dreaded what our beloved master would say when we had to tell him of his minions losing their favorite toys... we decided the beating from the master would be warranted.

-The Better looking Minion

// Either way had a good time playin! Just a game! Just was not sure if it was “Legal” for the Disarm/pickup thing – If it is, all good, I will just adjust my game play like Alter stated. Forgies and gear get returned automatically via a script, and the game does not allow more than 3-10 picks a person a session. Also agree on the Mask comment – don’t let our/my shenanigans affect him or his gameplay – That was all me dawg! It was nice to spice it up a bit. … I will see you all out in the field!.... you may not see me.

Stay Frosty,
Fletch
Shhhh..... It will be over soon....
Roland Deschain
Duke
Duke

Post by Roland Deschain »

On a slight side note, to the specific incidents listed here.
I would prefer disarm not be used by monsters (at the very least) while there is potential for items to drop to the floor.
Losing a full crafted weapon due to a bug is devastating. ( this has happened to me and a friend, including amber weapons )
Roland Deschain
Alain Johnson
Cuthbert Allgood
Marten Broadcloak
Cort
Rarebru Balancebringer
Walter O' Dim
Sleepy
Feanara Telrunya
Yunim
Duke
Duke

Post by Yunim »

Roland Deschain wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:24 am On a slight side note, to the specific incidents listed here.
I would prefer disarm not be used by monsters (at the very least) while there is potential for items to drop to the floor.
Losing a full crafted weapon due to a bug is devastating. ( this has happened to me and a friend, including amber weapons )
I have only seen two mobs with Disarm, so this isn't currently a huge issue. One is a dwarf in the Dwarven Citadel murder quest line, the other is a high end boss.

Time Stop can also cause problems with unequipping items but I only know one mob that casts it, a different high end boss.

Aside from those three mobs your weapons should be safe during PvM.
Roland Deschain
Duke
Duke

Post by Roland Deschain »

Yunim wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:14 am
Roland Deschain wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:24 am On a slight side note, to the specific incidents listed here.
I have only seen two mobs with Disarm, so this isn't currently a huge issue. One is a dwarf in the Dwarven Citadel murder quest line, the other is a high end boss.

Time Stop can also cause problems with unequipping items but I only know one mob that casts it, a different high end boss.

Aside from those three mobs your weapons should be safe during PvM.
Yep, and it's 2 of the 3 mobs you mentioned that have caused weapons ( and shields ) to be lost.
Roland Deschain
Alain Johnson
Cuthbert Allgood
Marten Broadcloak
Cort
Rarebru Balancebringer
Walter O' Dim
Sleepy
Feanara Telrunya
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

They should never be lost, unless you forget to pick it up. Also, if you don't have room in your inventory, the item should fall to the ground.
alundaio
Commoner
Commoner

Post by alundaio »

John-Alhoon wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:37 am They also killed a player on the way (PvP not consent), I had to revive that person because he was alone.
That was me, a halfling that was 'Near Death' at the entrance after fighting one of those ogres, about to rest. But before I could someone named 'Minion' came out of nowhere and sneak attacked me. Then someone revived me (Thanks). I was only there because the new portal system brought me to Oasis after using a warp scroll. It all happened so fast I didn't know what was going on. I also didn't know that was a PvP area.
Alter Fritz wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:17 pm NOBODY was attacked that wasn't hostile to us.
I don't care that I was PK'd, I shouldn't have been there. But that statement is not true.
Terankar
Knight
Knight

Post by Terankar »

This have happened to a friend of mine by the shark. He got disarmed and lost his keen weapon from the mines quest and got killed by it too.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Disarm has been removed from the Sharks.