About wings and cloaks?

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

About wings and cloaks?

Post by Cornflower »

OK, for once, I'll be brief and consise:

If you're a celestial, you can have wings.
If you have a cloak, the wings don't show.

1. Is there a way to toggle "wings on" in game if you chose not to have wings when on the boat to BSK, or are you stuck with the initial selection?
2. Is there a way to show your wings on in game even if you have a cloak equipped?
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
Sapphire
Count
Count

Re: About wings and cloaks?

Post by Sapphire »

Less it has been disabled you can with CEP recraft your cloak to an invisable mode then any wings and/or tail will show... If I remember correctly you need to recraft at the neck to achieve this not the cloak directly ...
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

Sapphire wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:47 am Less it has been disabled you can with CEP recraft your cloak to an invisable mode then any wings and/or tail will show... If I remember correctly you need to recraft at the neck to achieve this not the cloak directly ...
CEP? Huh? Can I do this in game in BSK? If so, how? *clueless*
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
Sapphire
Count
Count

Post by Sapphire »

Right click on your character and in the dial menu look at the crafting options you may or may not need skill points in craft armour at least and there is also a weapons option to change the look of your held weapon.... There should be if as I said the option has not been disabled a list of parts of the torso, head, neck, cloak, and arms and legs ...

Give it a go and experiement with all the options can be fun,,, I recall a character whoae name escapes me now that crafted all their armour and helm to be invisible all you could regularly see of him was a weapon and gloves and shoes LOL..
Kalizzle
Count
Count

Post by Kalizzle »

CEP is not on the EE server. Driller has made a point to make the server hak free.
-Lady Sabel
Sapphire
Count
Count

Post by Sapphire »

As I understand it CEP comes with the EE version and is mostly override files ... Perhaps Driller can say for sure that CEP is not included within BSK as standard ... HAK free does not necesarily mean CEP free ... But as I do not have EE I will not be able to tell in this version of BSK ...
Wing--Zero
Duke
Duke

Post by Wing--Zero »

The Cep override may work but, could also cause a lot of unexpected issues. I would do this with caution if that is the route you choose to go. As Far as Cloaks you can disable them in the ini folder but, once equipped they will still hide your wings. There use to be a Extender you could use in Nwn and I think they've made a equivalent of it for EE called NWNX but, I've yet to try it myself. I do know others use this so maybe one of them could share some wisdom on the matter. For those of us who do not know or are unsure.
Duo Maxwell
Auran Goodman
Damian Goodman
Daniel Goodman
Karn
Aye Spyu
Heia The Deamon
and some others :P
Log-ins: Zero, X, X_Mule, Z_mule
birdman076
Commoner
Commoner

Post by birdman076 »

Client side you can turn cloaks off altogether in your nwnplayer.ini file.

Change Visible Cloaks=1 to a 0 and save.

nwnplayer.ini is located in the documents folder on windows 10 machines. Documents/Neverwinter Nights to be exact.
Ming
Baron
Baron

Post by Ming »

birdman076 wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:53 pm Client side you can turn cloaks off altogether in your nwnplayer.ini file.

Change Visible Cloaks=1 to a 0 and save.

nwnplayer.ini is located in the documents folder on windows 10 machines. Documents/Neverwinter Nights to be exact.
If I recall right only you will see it this way. Everyone else on the server won't see your wings if you do this. They will see your cloak.
Wing--Zero
Duke
Duke

Post by Wing--Zero »

Yeah your right. It also hides the wings all together on your end when you equip the cloak...so your still left with the same problem :/ and a wingless/cloakless back. I looked into it and you can download things for override (prob CEP would be best bet) but, what Ming stated will prob stay true(no one seeing your wings) as well as possible server issues. I've been looking into it and trying to find a solution so if anyone finds a good answer please share! I just remove cloaks for characters when wanting to have there wings out and use plain cloaks I wont miss anything on with my RDD guys. .....I sooo miss the nwn extender program!
Duo Maxwell
Auran Goodman
Damian Goodman
Daniel Goodman
Karn
Aye Spyu
Heia The Deamon
and some others :P
Log-ins: Zero, X, X_Mule, Z_mule
birdman076
Commoner
Commoner

Post by birdman076 »

Wing--Zero wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:39 pm Yeah your right. It also hides the wings all together on your end when you equip the cloak...so your still left with the same problem :/ and a wingless/cloakless back. I looked into it and you can download things for override (prob CEP would be best bet) but, what Ming stated will prob stay true(no one seeing your wings) as well as possible server issues. I've been looking into it and trying to find a solution so if anyone finds a good answer please share! I just remove cloaks for characters when wanting to have there wings out and use plain cloaks I wont miss anything on with my RDD guys. .....I sooo miss the nwn extender program!
I guess they use the cloak node for the wings as well, who'd a thunk it. Hopefully they fix that in some capacity (use wings, cloaks are removed automatically).
kish-kumen
Commoner
Commoner

Post by kish-kumen »

If you can't change it in-game, just change your outlook, and consider it "in character"

When you want to hide your wings from prying eyes (or protect them from blades and fireballs) throw a cloak on!

When you want to show them off and awe the crowd, take off the cloak. :D
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

kish-kumen wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:13 pm If you can't change it in-game, just change your outlook, and consider it "in character"

When you want to hide your wings from prying eyes (or protect them from blades and fireballs) throw a cloak on!

When you want to show them off and awe the crowd, take off the cloak. :D
Yup. That's what I'm doing now. But it would be even cooler to show off my wings in the heat of battle.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)