Item stat mismatches

Report any bugs you find here.
Kane0
Duke
Duke

Item stat mismatches

Post by Kane0 »

Some items that can be both looted and purchased seem to have different stats between the two ways of acquiring them, despite bearing the same name and appearance. Is this a loot table problem perhaps? Or if intentional, maybe rename them so they don't appear identical?
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Item stat mismatches

Post by driller »

What items?
Kane0 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:48 am Some items that can be both looted and purchased seem to have different stats between the two ways of acquiring them, despite bearing the same name and appearance. Is this a loot table problem perhaps? Or if intentional, maybe rename them so they don't appear identical?
Sapphire
Count
Count

Post by Sapphire »

This has always happened for as long as I can recall random stats that don't fit ... I recall myself a few years ago finding in loot a two bladed sword with a bonus feat "shield" ... Another was a tower shield with the feat for 2 weapons improvement ???

Best thing you can do with such items is too sell them unless Driller has made available that item that can remove properties then that might be an option...
Kalizzle
Count
Count

Post by Kalizzle »

Ive found something like hes talking about an item from akons as a drop...but when i compared the two their stats were different i just assumed it was meant to be that way for a reason...i feel like dropped items tend to be better than the purchased ones.
-Lady Sabel
Kane0
Duke
Duke

Post by Kane0 »

Combat gloves for me most recently, but ive also seen it for that golden paladin armor
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Do the stats change when equipped?
Kane0 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:23 pm Combat gloves for me most recently, but ive also seen it for that golden paladin armor
Kane0
Duke
Duke

Post by Kane0 »

No, i currently have two pairs and one is /10 the other -/15. i’ve equipped them both
I like having both, its just annoying them appearing and named the same. Lesser and greater version, like rings of power?
birdman076
Commoner
Commoner

Post by birdman076 »

Just speculation but if the drops are handled by chests or in store inventory and also in the palette in toolset there is the potential that the palette items were updated at some point and the chest/store items were not. Its happened to me in the past where I updated items in the palette that also had versions in the module wide treasure chests and the chest items were not updated hence the difference in stats and same name. Still need the item name to find them and correct or remove from one or the other.
Wing--Zero
Duke
Duke

Post by Wing--Zero »

I honestly thought that one was intentional and really is a neat idea even if not. The pair you can port up and buy are 10/-. Which do have there own uses (the lower level gloves may be used at level 13 vs the higher level gloves that are lvl 17 required). The 15/- are only obtained by searching in the wilds and gives the players something to go farming to obtain. If you want a sure thing you get 10/- at akons. If you want something a little better you HAVE to go hunt the Higher end monsters. Makes for some interesting drops and gives you that excited feeling when you finally obtain these items.
Duo Maxwell
Auran Goodman
Damian Goodman
Daniel Goodman
Karn
Aye Spyu
Heia The Deamon
and some others :P
Log-ins: Zero, X, X_Mule, Z_mule
Jake_Master
Count
Count

Post by Jake_Master »

Agree with Zero on this one, I like the idea of being able to obtain a better version, this can also initiate RP via trade if people don’t have any luck finding the /15 resist gloves. And honestly they don’t drop very often so it isn’t something that is in abundance either.
Captain Andrick Korningstone, Arms Master Los Illuminados Alianza

Troy Korningstone
Andrin StoneBender, Master Crafter
Kurt Addams
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

Another example is Blue (or was it red?) Dragon Armor. I have seen one with +5 AC for sale and found one with +6 AC.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
Garek
Knight
Knight

Post by Garek »

Cornflower wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:10 am Another example is Blue (or was it red?) Dragon Armor. I have seen one with +5 AC for sale and found one with +6 AC.
I would think of that as the same thing. You can take the easy way and buy gear, but to get the best you will have to actually go kill high level creatures.........and get lucky. 8)