Epic Gloves of the Minstrel

Post suggestions for improvements here.
Killuah Zodiach
Commoner
Commoner

Epic Gloves of the Minstrel

Post by Killuah Zodiach »

Just a suggestion, these need a nerf. +30 perform is way too high, as most know this is great for bards, but makes it too easy to get the + from bardsongs.
Bards should be required to take points in charisma, and the + skill feats in order to get high perform.
I suggest nerfing these down to +10.
After all gloves of the minstrel are +3, then we jump to +30?
Killuah Zodiach
Commoner
Commoner

Re: Epic Gloves of the Minstrel

Post by Killuah Zodiach »

I also suggest that you could implement some more instruments dropping, to add additional +2 or +1 perform, so bards have to hoard all types of instruments, but somehow making sure the bonuses don't stack, so we get 1 of each instrument up to a total of +10 perform across 10 random instruments, from flutes, to horns.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I agree. I wasn't paying attention when I added it. Nerfed to +6.
Killuah Zodiach wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:04 am Just a suggestion, these need a nerf. +30 perform is way too high, as most know this is great for bards, but makes it too easy to get the + from bardsongs.
Bards should be required to take points in charisma, and the + skill feats in order to get high perform.
I suggest nerfing these down to +10.
After all gloves of the minstrel are +3, then we jump to +30?
Roland Deschain
Duke
Duke

Post by Roland Deschain »

http://nwn.wikia.com/wiki/Bard_song

nerfing to +6 makes high levels of Bard song unobtainable ( don't have one myself, just pointing it out )
Roland Deschain
Alain Johnson
Cuthbert Allgood
Marten Broadcloak
Cort
Rarebru Balancebringer
Walter O' Dim
Sleepy
Feanara Telrunya
nobody-special
Baron
Baron

Post by nobody-special »

What?!!! I haven't gotten a pair of the +30 gloves yet and you are already nerfing them? Nerfing them 24 points? How bout we just go havsies on this issue? :lol:
Sapphire
Count
Count

Post by Sapphire »

That is a very harsh nerf reducing from 30 to only +6 ... Though I don't play the EE version am sure that greater gloves of the minstral are +6 already... So in my opinion epic should be a step up from that perhaps +10 or +12 ...
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

http://nwn.wikia.com/wiki/Bard_song

The bonus to skills provided by this ability counts towards the +50 skill bonus cap.

This lets PCs get easy crafting. It kind of ruins the whole ideal of making a crafter like those hammers I nerfed.
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

Roland Deschain wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:15 am http://nwn.wikia.com/wiki/Bard_song

nerfing to +6 makes high levels of Bard song unobtainable ( don't have one myself, just pointing it out )
My bard is 36 and with two hammers he has a craft of 90 ... so the nerf seems about right .... he does have those +30 perform gloves ... unless they nerfed ...*rummages through pack*
Forgery
Knight
Knight

Post by Forgery »

anyway you could not nerf them and make them a high end drop rather than a shop buy? taking perform away from bards for the sake of crafters seems like 1 sided favortism towards crafters while neglecting bards
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Bards have never had any trouble before recently adding these gloves. Why is it an issue now?
Forgery wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:29 pm anyway you could not nerf them and make them a high end drop rather than a shop buy? taking perform away from bards for the sake of crafters seems like 1 sided favortism towards crafters while neglecting bards
Forgery
Knight
Knight

Post by Forgery »

im sure they would like to achieve 100 perform. maybe im wrong.
Kane0
Duke
Duke

Post by Kane0 »

So does this mean there is only one build that can get the max required craft for forging?
Roland Deschain
Duke
Duke

Post by Roland Deschain »

Kane0 wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:22 pm So does this mean there is only one build that can get the max required craft for forging?
No there are several that can get max craft
Roland Deschain
Alain Johnson
Cuthbert Allgood
Marten Broadcloak
Cort
Rarebru Balancebringer
Walter O' Dim
Sleepy
Feanara Telrunya
Kane0
Duke
Duke

Post by Kane0 »

Roland Deschain wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:29 pm No there are several that can get max craft
Ah cheers.

Why not bring them to match epic gloves of concentration/discipline? Arent they +10 or +15?
Forgery
Knight
Knight

Post by Forgery »

i did some research and it looks like 4perform = 1 crafting skill. so currently the gloves give 1.5 crafting could you buff them up just a tad? even at 30 thats only 7craft total not enough to make a bard a crafter simply cause he is a bard. it is however a loss of saving throws and hit points and even some damage from curse song. Much love to you all