Server update

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Server update

Post by driller »

1.Added hirelings to an NPC in the Playeful Maiden. It will auto level to match your character's level to a max of 5.
2.Upped the XP slightly.
3.Tweaked the loot script to drop more gems.
4.Quest rewards upped by quite a bit.(I would like to know if you think I upped them to much?)

Thanks,
-driller
StarChild
Count
Count

Re: Server update

Post by StarChild »

no they are not upped too much this actually makes me want to play the game and not grind the game. Thanks a bunch Driller!!! [-o<
AVAILABLE NOW!! Live Their Lives. Walk Their Adventures. Join Them...
http://TheDa-MaiSaga.webs.com
Nottingham
Count
Count

Post by Nottingham »

I shall collect my thoughts and post in a more organized manner. Playing until 4 a.m. and getting up early has ill effects on the brain. Any work done on the server is appreciated.
Last edited by Nottingham on Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Man must be forced to be free." Thomas Hobbes
Milk_Chocolate
Duke
Duke

Post by Milk_Chocolate »

Nottingham:

I'm going to be blunt with you. I don't know what the heck your post was about. Something about liking the 5 level rule, then whining about how affects characters with lower level pets. And then something else about wanting it to take an hour to reach level 2. And then, this part is confusing, you seem to complain about how you might level too fast by being powerbuffed by a higher level cleric, and how you should recieve less xp when you start grinding after being buffed in such a manner.

Look, what I got from your essay is this: if you are powerbuffed and you grind in Mirkwood or Dragonmount (areas I haven't even been after playing here for two weeks) you level fast. NAW, REALLY? I mean, if you are being buffed with "stoneskin and +5 enchantments"... heck, if you are GRINDING, period, I think it's your intention to LEVEL FAST.

What are you complaining about? If you don't want to level fast, well, STOP GRINDING. Don't ask for a server wide xp nerf because you seem to want to wack monsters for 80xp. Maybe people want to reach level 30, you know? I mean level caps are there for a reason... to be reached. No one wants to play on a server where they will never see their build become complete. Some people do this thing called multiclassing, and they might not see their character reach decent power til epic levels. Does that mean they are powergamers? No, they just have a complex build.

Heck, non-powerbuilders will actually be hurt by an xp cap. Joe Shmoe with his half orc wizard/rogue/cleric will never see his rp build reach anywhere because he can't get decent xp from what little grinding he is able to put in while only characters with class synergies are efficient enough to GRIND (theres that word again).

I'll wrap this up in one statement... if you want to take an hour to reach level 2, or if you want your character to be level 5-15 forever there's servers for that like Sundren- great rp, and leveling that's niiiiiiiiiiiiice and sloooooooooooow. Otherwise, I believe in this: if you invest the time and effort to grind, then you deserve the leveling. Do you know how boring it is to kill the same things over and over? Very. But people do it because it gets levels. That's what GRINDING is all about. If you don't want to level fast, no one is forcing you to head out to Mirkwood or wherever fully buffed by your higher level cleric on the other computer in your house (lol). Stand around in town and rp and get 20 xp every 15 sentences. Is that more your pace? Just don't ruin other people's fun by changing a system you don't have to participate in.
Last edited by Milk_Chocolate on Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Milk_Chocolate
Duke
Duke

Post by Milk_Chocolate »

driller wrote:1.Added hirelings to an NPC in the Playeful Maiden. It will auto level to match your character's level to a max of 5.
2.Upped the XP slightly.
3.Tweaked the loot script to drop more gems.
4.Quest rewards upped by quite a bit.(I would like to know if you think I upped them to much?)

Thanks,
-driller
I wish I had more hands... so I could give this 4 thumbs up!
Humiz
Count
Count

Post by Humiz »

I agree with Milk_Chocolate.
If you don't like this hack and slash/roleplay server there are plenty of roleplay servers around.

Humiz
Nottingham
Count
Count

Post by Nottingham »

I shall collect my thoughts and post again on the subject. There are other servers for you as well.
"Man must be forced to be free." Thomas Hobbes
Milk_Chocolate
Duke
Duke

Post by Milk_Chocolate »

I didnt necessarily mean "go somewhere else". I mean you can play at your own pace around here. No one is forcing you to gain 5 levels a day or anything. But you shouldnt limit other's playing experience either :wink:
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Just to let you know where I am on the big update. I just made three new dungeons levels today. Only fifty-three more to go...
Whew!

-driller
M-A-D
Knight
Knight

Post by M-A-D »

WooooooO!

M-A-D
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

1.Added in forgestones and the forge.

Let me know if the auto downloader works correctly.

-driller
Doofy Britches
Duke
Duke

Post by Doofy Britches »

Hey Driller-

Does that mean there are then 3 types of stones now? sockets, forgies, and the other red and blue ones? Or did you get rid of one and replace with forgies. Also- for foriges.. can we assume that the system is/will be fairly close to how BSK 1 worked?
I asked because of course, I want to build a crafter ...

thanks

driller wrote:1.Added in forgestones and the forge.

-driller
A Master role player is one who is willing and able to bend their character concept to make the game more enjoyable for all involved. To assist the DM in making the game fun, and to not sow discord. - Gary Gygax
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

The old stones will be phased out. The forge will work a lot like the old BSK1.

-driller
Doofy Britches wrote:Hey Driller-

Does that mean there are then 3 types of stones now? sockets, forgies, and the other red and blue ones? Or did you get rid of one and replace with forgies. Also- for foriges.. can we assume that the system is/will be fairly close to how BSK 1 worked?
I asked because of course, I want to build a crafter ...

thanks

driller wrote:1.Added in forgestones and the forge.

-driller
shadowflame
Count
Count

Post by shadowflame »

server has been down for a while now, is it something to do with the update?
OrionNebula
Mizon Sky
Baron
Baron

Post by Mizon Sky »

Hi just a quick question, ages ago when I played on another server I had to dl different types of files and stick them in there respective folders to play on that server, now apart from having the expansions and updating is there anything else I need to play bsk?
Thanks in advance,
Miz.