BSK Maps

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

sgtshin
Baron
Baron

Post by sgtshin »

I'd love to know exaclty how one uses NwN engine to do a map.. cause I'm building my own PW...and I didn't graduate art class...that's for sure.. my hand drawn stuff gets the job done.. but looks...... terrible...
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. ^.^
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

It's a bit tedious, but a fun bit of RP in a way as you wander around seemingly aimlessly... You go to every area, make sure everything shows on the mini-map, then do a screenshot, cut the mini-map from it and paste into a new paint file, save as jpg or other format, rinse repeat... After you have them collected, use a program like MS Publisher or Viso to add connecting arrows and labels for each map.

You could then create a number of different maps (what I'll be doing), and a overall world map that can be zoomed in on (which I may do as well... who knows?)
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

I have a working sample of the first map...

It is of Blackstone Keep, the Hamlet, Pasture, Road & Arena. It has labels but no additional information.

Future maps may be in English, or will be written in runes. When more are ready, I will be selling them in game, although I will give this one out for free to all who are interested.

In game, I will be selling a blank scroll and will e-mail you the original map.

If you want a copy of this sample, please PM me and I'll send you a copy. Please let me know if you have any feedback on it and I'll see about incorporating it =)

All mapping is done by Zorack Valinor, so address any map questions to him in game, or via PM.
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

Okay... Here we go... I finally figured out how to use photobucket, so here's the free sample. Let me know if you want the original jpeg:

Feedback? Questions?
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

i like it. the lettered places are really good.
Zacarias
Duke
Duke
Location: Chesapeake, VA - West of Virginia Beach and South of Norfolk Naval Base.

Post by Zacarias »

I'm glad you didn't give away the locations of the thieves' guild and the Assassin's guild.
We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sound of the thunder.
We danced among the lightning bolts,
and tore the world asunder.
Wasqa
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Wasqa »

Zacarias wrote: I'm glad you didn't give away the locations of the thieves' guild and the Assassin's guild.
I've been looking for the Thief's Guild all over the place. What am I doing wrong that I cannot find the place where my fellows with the Skils can gather?
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

Well.... Even if I knew where they are (I have my suspicions about certain doors in BSK), I wouldn't post them on a map. If there was a thief's map then maybe. But a thief's map might be a bit more expensive and have a lot of different information.
Wasqa
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Wasqa »

Gues I'll just stay by the greate tree and each my head jumping on one foot in circles, untill the one who can understend thieves cant would notice me and share the info :)
Caesius
Duke
Duke

Post by Caesius »

People don't normally find the Thieves Guild. The guild finds them. Regularly swiping stuff from locked homes is one way of getting their attention.
The only constant is change.
Wasqa
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Wasqa »

Caesius wrote:People don't normally find the Thieves Guild. The guild finds them. Regularly swiping stuff from locked homes is one way of getting their attention.
This is when I start thinking that there should be a Thieves guild around. My bags and chests are fool of the valuebles I cannot just go and sell at the local merchants. So my thought was there should be a Thieves guild that would purchase the merchandise without asking me where did I get it from.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Make sure you steal items from the NPCs also. Do this several times.

-driller
Wasqa wrote:
Caesius wrote:People don't normally find the Thieves Guild. The guild finds them. Regularly swiping stuff from locked homes is one way of getting their attention.
This is when I start thinking that there should be a Thieves guild around. My bags and chests are fool of the valuebles I cannot just go and sell at the local merchants. So my thought was there should be a Thieves guild that would purchase the merchandise without asking me where did I get it from.
Dyremoore
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Dyremoore »

I have heard rumor of an assassin's guild, but I have yet to get into one with my assassin... I have been approached already for the thieve's guild. Now how do I get some attention from the assassins guild? :shock:

Good attention...not a bunch of looneys stalking me. I'm a stalking looney. :wink:
"...we will restore chaos and order."

Key toons:
Kra'kk Bone'zz
Elvis Shadowmaker
Bloodfangz (son of Kra'kk)
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

Kill someone... and be an assassin.
ZOMFGOMBIES!
Pretty Fly White Guy