PvP in the keep

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

Post by ValentianNizzle »

LordofUndeath wrote:My beef against PvP in the keep is the fact that thieves will run amok and pick pockets till the end times!
Right. But you do that as well.. Just outside of the Keep?
Youko
Knight
Knight

Post by Youko »

No we wont... there is still the 3 times a reset rule... and we get bored of it rather quickly... especially since the only thing we are supposed to get is gold and a few crappy potions...

anyways, i've said it before and i say it again... bring back PVP in the keep!
Look behinde you, I'm likly there <.<
ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

Youko wrote:No we wont... there is still the 3 times a reset rule... and we get bored of it rather quickly... especially since the only thing we are supposed to get is gold and a few crappy potions...

I highly doubt that. I'm all for PvP as long as it's done via RP or given consent to.

And if ze only things you've been able to pick up were a few gold and some crappy gold, then it's not the stolen goods that are crappy but rather ze thief.
HelloBSK
Count
Count

Post by HelloBSK »

BaskingDemon wrote: p.s. I would quite like to make a robbing bastard of a highwayman. You know the Dick Turpin style (without the horse). Kind of" stand and deliver, your money or your life" bandit... except it would be more like "stand and deliver, your money or... well first you have to agree to let me kill you,,, then when I do, I raise you back... ok?"

:?
This is absoluetely the problem I have with the current rules and why I think we need to go back to allowing for PvP and being like the Wild West!

wdpepsiman wrote:Let me just say this..... I was there when the Keep was pvp and now that it is non-pvp. When it was pvp yes there were a few ass hats running around that got quickly vanquised by other players because there were consequences. If the players could not handle it a DM was present to handle the situation very quickly. I have seen a lot of rp lead to pvp in the Keep and it was outstanding. I was a noob back then and did not know anything about NWN or Blackstone Keep so i was curious as to what was being said and what was going on as a bystander and wanted to know more. Well the lesson to be learned was that i got killed for being in the way (lol) and it was unintenitional i suppose but it was always fun back then because you never knew what was going to happen in the Keep itself and it was not always rowdy during that time. Yes some fights did occur but mostly everyone took them to the Hamlet or Skara Brea and settled their disputes there. I suppose the point i am trying to make is that it made for a fun time because you were always on the lookout for some action. Now i can hear those who say it is ruining my rp with all this comotion going on. I understand what you are saying that you want a place where you can rp in a quite setting without being harrased by fights and such. Well how in the world do you supposed that happened back in the day when the Keep was pvp. I will tell you rp was more plentiful back then than it is now and there are plenty of places no one goes that you can rp . Let's take for instance Bordermarch Tavern, the Tavern in the Oasis and or your respective Temple, the Keep is not the only place o have some rp and now that the Den is open i would have to say there would be an opportunity to have some rp and before you say it, find someone willing to sponsor your membership to the Den

Well anyways my thoughts for pvp in the keep i say yes bring it back and make BSK the way it was intended to be instead of making every damn thing so politically correct and let the players do what they do and the DM's do what they are supposed to do and that is.....run events rp or action and monitor and handle problems not let a script do it for them .
I completely agree with this and HOPE DRILLER will make BSK PvP again.

LordofUndeath wrote:My beef against PvP in the keep is the fact that thieves will run amok and pick pockets till the end times!
Stop your whining!!! There are ways to avoid thieves just like in real life. USE THEM!

Last night two idiots came on and ran around BSK in the nude spilling obsinities at people and just acting like fouls. I should have been able to kill them both for just being stupid. They were there for only one purpose and that is to get on everyones nerves. We should be able to protect BSK from this sort of behavior and you know what, we should be able to use our skills, spells and feats wherever we go.

Oh and before anyone flames me for not being able to spell I tell you all now, get over it, I suck at spelling!!!

Love you all and I am sure this will upset some, but it needs to be said for all our good. Keep playing and having fun!!!
HelloBSK
Count
Count

Post by HelloBSK »

ValentianNizzle wrote:I'm all for PvP as long as it's given consent to.
You should be ashamed of yourself :lol: :shock: :twisted:
GoVols
Count
Count

Post by GoVols »

HelloBSK wrote:
Last night two idiots came on and ran around BSK in the nude spilling obsinities at people and just acting like fouls. I should have been able to kill them both for just being stupid. They were there for only one purpose and that is to get on everyones nerves. We should be able to protect BSK from this sort of behavior and you know what, we should be able to use our skills, spells and feats wherever we go.
Even if PvP returns to the keep, you should always get these types of people's character and log in names, take a ss, and send to a DM. That way they can be banned officially.
I'd rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6.
Carpe_DM1
Count
Count

Post by Carpe_DM1 »

Youko wrote:No we wont... there is still the 3 times a reset rule... and we get bored of it rather quickly... especially since the only thing we are supposed to get is gold and a few crappy potions...

It is NOT 3 times a reset. It is not to PP any one character 3 times in a 24hr real time period.

Just to clarify. Please everyone make sure you read the rules and guidelines carefully. There will be less confusion and misunderstandings.
"Common sense is not so common" -Voltaire
"I thought to myself 'Why doesn't someone do something about that?' ...And then I realized I'm someone" - Lily Tomlin (when commenting on the environment and other tragic circumstances)
HelloBSK
Count
Count

Post by HelloBSK »

GoVols wrote:
HelloBSK wrote:
Even if PvP returns to the keep, you should always get these types of people's character and log in names, take a ss, and send to a DM. That way they can be banned officially.
That is a good point, I will do that next time! I always forget the screenshots (hides head in a paper bag) I am so ashamed :lol:
BaskingDemon
Count
Count

Post by BaskingDemon »

Carpe_DM1 wrote:

It is NOT 3 times a reset. It is not to PP any one character 3 times in a 24hr real time period.

Just to clarify. Please everyone make sure you read the rules and guidelines carefully. There will be less confusion and misunderstandings.
Utterly ridiculous rule. What's the point in having eye of akon stones?

Oh yeah here goes i've spotted my mark, i'm moving in on him... here goes my 3 pickpocket shots..

1st attempt 43 gold... hmm

2nd attempt 64 gold

3rd attempt a portal scroll WONDERFUL!

right, on to the next target, shouldnt take THAT long to find someone...

HA there is the oblivious fool, he wont feel my nimble fingers at work

1st attempt 55 gold

2nd attempt 32 gold

3rd attempt a +6 healing kit DOH!!!

Daft ass rule
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

HelloBSK wrote:
i agree with nizzle
~=% Run from your nightmares, chase after your dreams, but in the end ... they both come to you in sleep %=~
HelloBSK
Count
Count

Post by HelloBSK »

k9mouse wrote:
HelloBSK wrote:
i agree with nizzle
You BOTH should be ashamed of yourself :lol: :shock: :twisted:
ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

HelloBSK wrote:
k9mouse wrote:
HelloBSK wrote: You should be ashamed of yourself :lol: :shock: :twisted:
i agree with nizzle
You BOTH should be ashamed of yourself :lol: :shock: :twisted:
She's crazy and I'm filthy rich. Suffice it to say, your the one that should be ashamed of yourself for being broke and I've just PM'ed Driller about the restraining order in regards to the K9mouse.
Carpe_DM1
Count
Count

Post by Carpe_DM1 »

BaskingDemon wrote:
Carpe_DM1 wrote:

Utterly ridiculous rule. What's the point in having eye of akon stones?

Oh yeah here goes i've spotted my mark, i'm moving in on him... here goes my 3 pickpocket shots..

2nd attempt 64 gold

1st attempt 55 gold

2nd attempt 32 gold

Daft ass rule

*shrugs* The rules are what they are and I will actually clarify even further the 3 times rule. (This will be fun *plugs his ears*)

You CANNOT ATTEMPT to PP a char more than 3 times in a 24 hr real life cycle. As DM Nexus pointed out in a different topic, even if you fail your attempt or get a scripted/return item (due to size or plot item) That counts as 1. And so on.
:twisted:
"Common sense is not so common" -Voltaire
"I thought to myself 'Why doesn't someone do something about that?' ...And then I realized I'm someone" - Lily Tomlin (when commenting on the environment and other tragic circumstances)
alnyndur
Knight
Knight

Post by alnyndur »

BaskingDemon wrote:Utterly ridiculous rule. What's the point in having eye of akon stones?

2nd attempt 64 gold

1st attempt 55 gold

2nd attempt 32 gold

Daft ass rule
Yes utterly ridiculous...Why can't people just grief pp someone until they get something they want from that person. In fact why have any rules at all.

Just as a note...I gave a real nice item to one person who actaully RPed the pickpocket they didn't get anything on their own, but I was impressed so they got a valuable forged item...Yes that skill can be used in RP and not just to grab stuff OOC when people are fighting ants and such.
Carpe_DM1 wrote:It is NOT 3 times a reset. It is not to PP any one character 3 times in a 24hr real time period.
Carpe, Driller posted under the rules clarification that it is 3 time per reset.
driller wrote:Griefing is defined as attacking another player unprovoked and/or pick pocketing a single player more than three times per reset.
Griefing can result in a perma ban.
BaskingDemon
Count
Count

Post by BaskingDemon »

[quote="alnyndur"]In fact why have any rules at all.

Well, now you come to mention it...