PvP in the keep

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Roland Deschain
Duke
Duke

Post by Roland Deschain »

Ok K9 for the people we are talkin about using the wand on there is no chance that there will be any unfairness. If someone is RPing evil then there is nothing wrong with that, but it is the people who are just mindlessly killing others that would be gettin the temp bans. That power could not be overused because it would be monitored by a DM and Driller. You use the wand then you have to take a screeny and show why you did it. Otherwise you lose your wand.

And making them have a name that says "Hey I have a temp ban wand is bad" Because then no one would do anythign to get temp banned while that player is on, We want to catch these guys while they are doing these things so we can say "you did this so this is what happens" right then and there.

and no one is forcing you to ask for help if you think you can handle it and you want to then go ahead.

Once again we are talking about giving these wands to someone who has enough reserve not to go "you looked at me wrong BAN" they need to be in the hands of someone who is all about fairness, justice, and honesty.
Youko
Knight
Knight

Post by Youko »

k9mouse wrote:how will we make sure that abuse of the said power does not happen in heat of the battle :?:
hence the experienced and "old hat" players.

as for the wards and other anti pvp stuffs... i vote remove!

seriously... it's pretty stupid if i'm out there pping and then someone catches me (but doesn't kill me, or a stupid eye goes off) and i just run into the keep and go afk for 30 minutes... seriously... how gay is that?

and you don't have to worry about PP if you have a half decent character... look at my bug report... PPing can't max very high. tops around 75-80
Look behinde you, I'm likly there <.<
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

ok i agree, peeps will figure out who have the wand or not anyways, a title will be nice if some asking for help, they know who have that said power

also, one action will lead another action so i am just making sure how the system will work.. u have won me over to your side .. now some small details to make the system better...

should the players be able to vote out of the office if they feel the wands are in the wrong hands or being being abuse and how should they go about to do that :?:

the jr dm will have a tough job... one side they have driller and the dm watching them and on the other side, they have the players watching them....

also, every time they ban someone, how long ban should last :?:
i vote for till next reset (max of 4 hours) any thing longer need to be handle by a -real- dm....
~=% Run from your nightmares, chase after your dreams, but in the end ... they both come to you in sleep %=~
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

Youko wrote:hence the experienced and "old hat" players.
should the player s of the keep choose who have or don't have that power with driller/dm approval :?:

also, not every player in game is on the forums, who do we get their input :?:

some old hats are better at dm'ing then others
~=% Run from your nightmares, chase after your dreams, but in the end ... they both come to you in sleep %=~
Roland Deschain
Duke
Duke

No the player base should not have the power to chose who has the wands it should be up to the DMs and Driller himself. They know who can be trusted with such power as they will be the ones governing it. (well if it happens lol )

Like I said before everytime the person uses the wand they would have to report it to a DM or Driller along with screenshots for the REASON They did it. If things are done that way and the person with the wand misuses his power then the DM's will find out about it, will remove the wand from thier inven and punish them for abusing power.

The ban should last for a reset and or even a day. Enough time for the DM's to be notified that the wand had to be used.

And i want to stress that the wand should not be used for any other reason than blatent rule breaking or just being a complete fool.
Such as exstensive swearing in public areas, mindless PKing, etc etc
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

Roland Deschain wrote:No the player base should not have the power to chose who has the wands it should be up to the DMs and Driller himself. They know who can be trusted with such power as they will be the ones governing it. (well if it happens lol )
that is true, all that i am saying that the players should have a voice also..

dm_jr should be approve by both groups--- players and driller/dm

because some =old hats= are better dm'ing then others
Last edited by k9mouse on Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

k9mouse wrote:
Roland Deschain wrote:No the player base should not have the power to chose who has the wands it should be up to the DMs and Driller himself. They know who can be trusted with such power as they will be the ones governing it. (well if it happens lol )

K9... That just makes no sense. DMs will know much better than any player who is able to handle such a responsibility without abusing it. Heck, you might as well say that players should vote on the next DM! It's not a popularity contest.
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

we vote on leaders of world super power with nukes, why not vote on our leaders in a game :?:
Caesius
Duke
Duke

Post by Caesius »

k9mouse wrote:we vote on leaders of world super power with nukes, why not vote on our leaders in a game :?:
Perhaps because it's a game based on a feudal society rather than a democratic one? ;)
The only constant is change.
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

k9mouse wrote:we vote on leaders of world super power with nukes, why not vote on our leaders in a game :?:
*laughs* Oh my. You need to remember that this IS a game. It's owned by Atari and driller made this mod and hosts it on his computer. Your suggestion is like saying that WalMart employees should vote for WalMart's CEO. Not gonna happen. And why should it?
Roland Deschain
Duke
Duke

viobane wrote:
k9mouse wrote:

K9... That just makes no sense. DMs will know much better than any player who is able to handle such a responsibility without abusing it. Heck, you might as well say that players should vote on the next DM! It's not a popularity contest.
Thank you Viobane you saved me some time lol
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

viobane wrote:*laughs* Oh my. You need to remember that this IS a game. It's owned by Atari and driller made this mod and hosts it on his computer. Your suggestion is like saying that WalMart employees should vote for WalMart's CEO. Not gonna happen. And why should it?
driller did allot and allot hard work on this mod (we thank ye :) ), but it will not be any fun for him if he does have any players to use his mod (well, may be on some days that is not true)... thus it is a partnership..... the players make suggestions to improve the mod and driller uses his owe ideas as well, therefore we are work as a team towards a common goal... also, we share in it's ups and downs as well... i am not saying we have equal voice with driller, but we have some voice instead of none at all..
Roland Deschain
Duke
Duke

viobane wrote:
k9mouse wrote:

Once again K9 look at this post real good and read the last two lines a few times.
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

Roland Deschain wrote:
viobane wrote:
k9mouse wrote: that is true, all that i am saying that the players should have a voice also..

Once again K9 look at this post real good and read the last two lines a few times.
are we going to talk or are you going to try to flame me :?:
~cooks a hot dog on your flame~
now can we get back to our talk :?:

not all players are dumb, they know a few good people also.....

edited to put in the full quote....
Last edited by k9mouse on Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GoVols
Count
Count

Post by GoVols »

k9mouse wrote: driller did allot and allot hard work on this mod (we thank ye :) ), but it will not be any fun for him if he does have any players to use his mod (well, may be on some days that is not true)... thus it is a partnership..... the players make suggestions to improve the mod and driller uses his owe ideas as well, therefore we are work as a team towards a common goal... also, we share in it's ups and downs as well... i am not saying we have equal voice with driller, but we have some voice instead of none at all..
K9, have you every paid attention to Driller's picture he uses on the forums? I don't believe Robert E. Lee lead by partnerships.

Driller has always done most things on his own and not because of players requests. It's always been play here if you like or don't, but maybe he's mellowed out more in recent years. He does listen to players and may make changes accordingly, but it's not really a team of Driller and us players. It's more like a General and his troops.

The truth is DM's nor Driller can be on all the time. Existing players that were so trusted to boot people would already be DM's by now probably, so let groups like The Hunters take care of those grievers. Believe it or not, it did work before, for quite a few years anyways.
I'd rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6.