Eye's of Akon

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

At the very least, that explains the lack of a fashion sense in the rogue population.
ZOMFGOMBIES!
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

Gibbo wrote:One does not simply walk into the Theives Guildor.

Sorry for your bandwidth.
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

XD!!! I love it. Thanks, PFWG.
ZOMFGOMBIES!
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Anytime. I got a thousand of 'em.
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

I do not know what strength is in my post, but I swear to you I will not let the Discussion Forum fall, nor our users fail.

Be at peace, son of she-wolf.
ZOMFGOMBIES!
Youko
Knight
Knight

Post by Youko »

Queen Naga II wrote:Why should the 3 or more have to seek peace on another server for the sake of the one ? Just to counter you comment about bad apples, especially when you are the bad apple not us..
... reading this just increases my thoughts of your stupidity and self centeredness.
Queen Naga II wrote:Akons eye is a modified harm spell and is supposed to kill the PP. They are therefore intended as a deterent, not something you with the association of your friend should be metagaming around to cheat death penalties. Try RP'ing and actually hit the respawn button instead, this way I for one would not feel like I have been cheated quite so much.
as i said before, LAST TIME I TALKED TO DRILLER it wasn't supposed to kill... are you blind too?
Queen Naga II wrote:Another thing for you to consider your RP perspective from.... Monks are lawful what you are doing is not lawful and therefore is just using the game mechanics to metagame.

if you found me IC and initiated an RP you would find out my character is quite insane. and a second note, ever hear the term 'order in chaos'? it's just that, he doesn't have to abide by the laws of the keep, just laws of his order, therefor, if it says 'he who sees plump purse must lighten it for the good of the many' he is still lawful, no?
Queen Naga II wrote:I wish you would RP instead of what you are doing, as you are cheating death with this friend raising you and then running off like the wind with all those monk levels and nobody feels you have paid the price an Akon's eye is suppose to mean. Same for detection no one can catch you again because of those monk levels so again you get away scot-free. Everyone feels cheated because of these reasons.
again, i'm not 'cheating' death, first off, raises are a legit part of this server. and also, i'm going to repeat myself, akon's eyes are NOT supposed to kill, as per the last time i talked to driller about this.
Queen Naga II wrote:It all seems to everyone else it is one sided in both the fun and what actually happens, you are using game mechanics to achieve your goals. If your intention is to RP a thief how about replacing all those monk levels with rogue levels and have an unlawful alignment if not chaotic.

by everyone else i'm assuming you mean you, yourself and your monkey? along with the 2 friends you have? because if i read these forums correctly ... and i like to think that i can. there are 2 people mainly complaining about PPing, and i have also abided by all the server rules, as par my understanding of them.
Queen Naga II wrote:Also I asked you to stop and leave me alone, you showed no respect not a care for my feelings or enjoyment of the game by both continuing to harass me and sending me a tell somewhat like this; "Thanx :D".
i have a semi photographic memory, you never said 'please stop PPing me' you said closer to the lines of 'your an ass, thats rude' to which i replied 'THANKS!' since that was the goal of my character.
Queen Naga II wrote:That just showed me and anyone else you don't give a damn about your victims both IC and OOC. The IC I can live with, the OOC: I find offensively rude and uncaring. So it is hardly surprising that I and a few others have taken this to the forum. Your RP'ing is not what I would call RP'ing in anyway what so ever, and I deem it from the experience of it as exploitive of the game mechanics to the point of severe metagaming.
obviously i don't give a rats A$$ about my victims IC. what kind of bandit would i be if i did? and also, you didn't do **anything** OOC except complain on here. Ask Holcombe, I gave back his electrifier and ... don't remember what the other item was. I fail to see how i'm exploiting anything, if you don't like it live with it or leave. i've been here for 5 years off and on. I've never been banned, been booted once for getting upset at people like you who assume your instantly right and everyone else is wrong. again, you've been here what... 6 months top? if you don't like the server. leave it, don't try to change it. everyone who has been here for years likes (more or less) the way the server is. (personally i'm still waiting for the rules on pvp and pping to be laxed, as well as open pvp in the keep :) )
Queen Naga II wrote:You'll not change my view point in that regard, til you take those monk levels out of the equation and stop this third party raising to cheat death in a non RP fashion.
again, youko is insane. also, he has assassin levels. and even if you go with the fallen monk RP situation someone else mentioned, you don't forget how to run.

In regard to my lost forged bracers... I didn't realise they had gone til some time later so I could not simply ask for them back and besides that I had crashed in the meantime too which also denied me of the screenshots I was about to take.
Queen Naga II wrote:As you chose to bring it to the forum, my 5 million reward for your characters perma death stands as is. You say you want RP well there is the opportunity for you to do so.
and again, i couldn't care less about perma death bounty, that was the purpose of this character, to get a bounty the highest it has ever been, which i am proud to say it is (as far as i know and everyone else i've talked to) i however do NOT appreciate the character deletion part you added in after that. hence why i replied to it on your message board post fixing it.
Queen Naga II wrote:I get my reward in the knowledge that you finally pay the price you should have been paying every time you got hit by an Akon's eye or got detected, even if this is somewhat over the top. But that is how you made me feel by ignoring and virtually laughing at my request to stop.

getting detected doesn't mean you don't complete the PP or they grab back their item, it means just that, you have been detected, you felt my hand inside your purse... whoopty do, why do you think i put the monk levels in there? it wasn't for the prestige. BANDITS AND ROGUES RUN! THEY DON'T STAND THERE AND LET YOU HIT THEM!
Queen Naga II wrote:If you had stopped at that request none of this would be littering the forum and the said "bad apples" in your words would not be expressing their exasperation at your actions and uncaring attitude to other players.
if you had said 'please stop' instead of 'your an asshat' i might have. but you being 10x ruder then i was (IC i might add) doesn't give me much of a reason to be nice to your character.

To be honest, reading this post was making my skin crawl with utter fury, you being so self centered and selfish just pisses the **** out of me. and maybe if you learned to read *points to cajin's post* there are other people out there who like the PP aspect of the keep.

talk to other characters in game either IC or OOC. you'll notice most (if not all) of the players who have been here for years have been PPed... some even chain PPed (i included) I also don't grief, i don't do it to 'ruin' your day. i do it to have fun, to add some fear to the keep, make you look behind you and have to look through your bags every so often to see if your missing that rope you need to get up the mountain or that potion you need to save your friend from the poison they have contracted.

Had you talked to me IC or even OOC in the game(besides calling me an asshole), you would have found out i'm quite a nice guy. instead of coming on here, and accusing me of being an asshole, someone who is out to ruin your day, someone to ruin everyone elses gameplay. people like you just make me sick.

_-=~`Youko`~=-_

**Edited by DM Rendyll** Watch the language. I do not want to see that again. Thank you.
Look behinde you, I'm likly there <.<
Youko
Knight
Knight

Post by Youko »

Fenrip wrote:
Cajin wrote:
Lawfull PP'er = ultra crappy RP
Can't a lawful evil, even neutral, character PP? For example, a powerful rogue/xx/xx subjugates those around him into the order that he creates, with him on top of course. In his system, the weaker are seen as prey and PPing would be fine, no?

As for the neutral, I see that as a character that has a set of rules that are followed to the letter all the time.

Can't a Thieves' Guild be a "lawful" instituion with respect to order vs disorder, free-for-all vs structure? Thieves' Guilds can be very organized with different departments, functions, rules, and punishments.
Ever hear of Robin Hood? he didn't like the Laws of the land so he stole from the people who made the laws. and he had his own order in the way he ran is band of theives.

to the sheriff of nottingham he was probably chaotic good-neutral

to robin hood he probably thought himself as lawful good-neutral

make sence?

_-=~`Youko`~=-_
Fenrip
Duke
Duke

Post by Fenrip »

Youko wrote:

Ever hear of Robin Hood? he didn't like the Laws of the land so he stole from the people who made the laws. and he had his own order in the way he ran is band of theives.

make sence?

_-=~`Youko`~=-_
Are you agreeing or arguing with me here? My whole point is that a Lawful PPer does not necessarily mean cruddy RP.

I did not include good because I was looking at it from a BSK point of view where I have not heard of a corrupt system in power, as what this here Robin Hood fella was facing.
Youko
Knight
Knight

Post by Youko »

yeah, i was agreeing... i ment to quote the guy you said that about :P cajin i believe *too lazy to look* but yeah, i'm on your side :P

_-=~`Youko`~=-_
Elfrogue
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Elfrogue »

make sence?
Not really... Alignment doesn't really matter as to how one percieves themselves. As I've seen in numerous places a definition of chaotic good is as follows.

Chaotic Good is known as the "Beatific" or "Rebel" alignment. A chaotic good character favours change for the greater good, disdains bureaucratic organizations that get in the way of social improvement, and places a high value on personal freedom. Most elves are chaotic good, as are some fey.

Robin Hood is commonly cited as an example of a Chaotic Good character, since he fought against tradition, established authority and existing social structure, for the greater benefit of the people

As far as to whether or not a lawful character should be breaking laws I'll leave that up to others, but as far as I've read, even the lawful evil characters won't actually break the laws, just get others to do it for them.
Queen Naga II
Duke
Duke

Post by Queen Naga II »

Youko your position on this is unrealistic to RP you have no rogue levels currently that I am aware of. Your description of Robin Hood is flawed to the extreme it doesn't even match in any way one of Robin Hoods alleged cohorts Fryer Tuck.

The reference to such therefore is invalid, insanity I can understand.

I have been around on and off this server for about 4 years not six months.

It also remains that a monk is lawful and should act as such otherwise in case of a fallen Monk you would lose your benefits of godly speed and a good deal of other class ability's as you would be out of favour with any order or religeon/god/godess that would support a monk. That would include loss of monk speed, again I say replace all those monk levels with rogue levels.

Much the same as a fallen Paladin loses certain abilities until they can possibly return to the favour of their god.

If as the example you showed your monk sees a over laiden purse then as lawful alignment you should be RP'ing to convince/persuade others to part with their money or goods. It might well be at the point of a sword but thats the RP side. Not the ho look there is someone surrounded by monsters lets sneak in and take, that is not a lawful act nor is it RP or even IC whether insane or not.

You want to play a bandit do it right and stop abusing the game engine to your own needs, expecting people to RP with someone that misuses the NWN engine this way is in my opinion very selfish and very exploitive, when the like of you can not even be bothered to RP their own alignment correctly.

I saw no evidence of the this proclaimed insanity in your character til the mention of it on this thread in this forum.

Once again regards Akon's eye I have never seen a single instance where it did not kill the PP'er, I don't know how long ago you spoke to Driller about this but my guess it was too long ago for even Driller to recall his exact words.

Akon's eyes kill the PP'er when they are triggered that is evidence not only from my perspective but everyone elses I have ever spoke to about it both in and out of the game here in BSK.

Regardless of your insulting me and the false accusations, you are the one abusing the game mechanics here to suit your own means. That includes the one sided aspects of its your fun and no one elses, what everyone else recieves from your characters actions is totally negative to them it does spoil their fun when you show so little respect to other players.

You want to RP it do it properly and respect others playing the way they want instead of being snide and underhand with dubious tactics and misuse of the game engine to suit just your own ends.
Youko wrote:i have a semi photographic memory, you never said 'please stop PPing me' you said closer to the lines of 'your an ass, thats rude' to which i replied 'THANKS!' since that was the goal of my character.
As for this quote, your photographic memory is not as good as you claim, anyone who knows me here knows I do not use words like "A**" Inparticular as it is an American term too and I am not, seems your fortunate I crashed yet again untimely, otherwise I would post the screenshot here. So its up to those viewing this to chose who they believe on this point.

In addition I deplore foul and abusive language and have even been known to quit a party when it has been used in party chat. So accussing me of using such language as you imply has no evidence ever of existing. I suggest you are just implying this to add credibility to your aim of convincing everyone to believe you. Sorry but that just does not add anything except your willing to stretch the real truth about events.

All I know is that what you said and the terms you replied were enough to give me residing impression of how you devalue everyone else to suit your own selfrighteous impression of yourself above anyone else.
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

I only read the last two paragraphs of naga's post, but i do very clearly recall her using the phrase "B-Sword" instead of Bastard Sword, so i can vouch on the no language thing.
ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

Post by ValentianNizzle »

This is real cute. It's a game and sometimes you can't have your cake and eat it too. Instead of debating in lengthy posts that no one really wants to read, why don't you just make one compact post. We all get that in RL you would never yada yada yada... But who really cares? It's a game and every game has it's flaws, whether they be for the better or for the worse.

And on another note; Unless Driller has clearly stated how one is to react to the whole Robin Hood thing, if it were a actual thing IG, I wouldn't take any of your opinions too seriously.

BSK is a server for every style of RP, as long as it's fair and doesn't violate anyone elses RP.

Now, you may continue to cry yourselves a great river of grief.
Carpe_DM1
Count
Count

Post by Carpe_DM1 »

First and foremost folks, calm down and take a deep breath before any of you start pointing fingers and insulting people. Any more and this topic will be locked.

PP rules on BSK are simple.
1= PP is automatic consent to PVP if you are caught/noticed doing so.
2= Do not PP a character more than 3 times in RL 24 hrs period. Anymore is punishable if caught.
3= Until Driller announces that he's done the changes to BSK, Forgestones are supposed to be unpickable. Same goes for larger than 3 square items and plot items like keys and so on. IF you PP and get one, you must OOC return them to the rightful player. Do so in a neutral area, shake hands and leave it at that.

Sometimes the scripts don't fire, but if you notice you get something you shouldnt, be courteous and return them.

As far as I have ever known or seen, Eye of Akons stones DO KILL the PPer. End of Story. Those were put in as rare drops to aid those who may not be able (or high enough level) to spot your attempts.

As for people who PP, die and are raised by their party... IF that party is out of the area, then they should IC have no knowledge of that death. So if you are kind enough to come and get your friend, do so OOC and do NOT interfere with the players that are RPing the thief being caught. Any dead thief would be searched and the stolen items removed anyway, so let the event unfold and the "dead thief" should either lay back down OOC or remember that IC they are down.

Finally, for those who complain about how someone builds, or RPs their character build, remember this: To each their own. Everyone has their own style of Play. When in doubt go back to the rules and guidelines post. As the last note, this is an RP LITE server, meaning, you dont have to get involved with anything if that is your choice. Just walk away. All of us are here to play and have fun, just be courteous to others while you do it.

Now let's play nicely folks :twisted:
"Common sense is not so common" -Voltaire
"I thought to myself 'Why doesn't someone do something about that?' ...And then I realized I'm someone" - Lily Tomlin (when commenting on the environment and other tragic circumstances)
DM Nexus
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM Nexus »

Carpe_DM1 wrote:2= Do not PP a character more than 3 times in RL 24 hrs period. Anymore is punishable if caught.
Just a clarification on the 3 times in a 24 hour period, yes it includes unsuccessful attempts. For instance, if the first attempt yeilds a shield, but it is returned do to the script, the second is unsuccessful and the third gets a dart, then that is it, time to move on to a new mark.