Penalty for being an archer?

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Queen Naga II
Duke
Duke

Post by Queen Naga II »

driller wrote:If someone steals your loot, they are automatically consenting to PVP.

-driller
Thats all well and good, but what happens if your passive player like I am ?

I don't like PvP so am not looking for a reason for consent to even enter into PvP. Think I'd rather leave that player or party and not bother joining whilst that player is involved.

Point is here some people do it on purpose to provoke PvP in the first place.

I have been known to leave party's when someone like the description above joins the party I am in. If I am leader I don't even boot them I just leave as I don't want conflicts.
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

Queen Naga II wrote: Thats all well and good, but what happens if your passive player like I am ?

I don't like PvP so am not looking for a reason for consent to even enter into PvP. Think I'd rather leave that player or party and not bother joining whilst that player is involved.

Point is here some people do it on purpose to provoke PvP in the first place.

I have been known to leave party's when someone like the description above joins the party I am in. If I am leader I don't even boot them I just leave as I don't want conflicts.
I think you answered your own question quite well =)
Some new guy
Knight
Knight

Post by Some new guy »

driller wrote:If someone steals your loot, they are automatically consenting to PVP.

-driller
I'd rather not shoot party members. That could lead to a really bad reputation that I would not want (yet anyway) and I only have the one character that I use regularly. I did have to log a toon that I abandoned so I could get help when I died on the boat at login.

I get very nice tells in game and I know with a few more levels I can play again with the people who I began with. There are some who have kept me safe. I just wanted to see who else that was out there.

Definitely more goodly goodies than jerky jerks.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

What you should do is agree beforehand that you each will take turns picking up the drops. If someone picks up loot out of turn, politely remind them of your prior agreement.

-driller
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

What?! Play like reasonable, rational, grown-up human beings?!

It sounds like witchcraft to me.
ZOMFGOMBIES!
Some new guy
Knight
Knight

Post by Some new guy »

driller wrote:What you should do is agree beforehand that you each will take turns picking up the drops. If someone picks up loot out of turn, politely remind them of your prior agreement.

-driller
We did and then the conversation turned to "What is a drop?"

I thought what you get in the rotation is what you get but the other guy felt that mundane items did not count. Gold and mundane stuff was up for grabs.

Of course, he could cover half again the area we could and was killing and grabbing drops we never even saw. I'll be more selective and more assertive in the future.
Some new guy
Knight
Knight

Post by Some new guy »

Gibbo wrote:What?! Play like reasonable, rational, grown-up human beings?!

It sounds like witchcraft to me.
That only works when both people understand are reasonable, rational, and grown up.

As for the human part, most are not. I think the guy in question was but most are demi-humans :lol:
Thanatos
Duke
Duke

Post by Thanatos »

There are a few different actions I might take on said situation, as I've experienced something like this before.

If you like the people you're with

1. Let it slide, they're friends after all, unless it's a rare forgie...then they'd better be a REALLY good friends lest they be laid to waste for that prescious stone.

2. Bargain with them (i.e. "You get this blue, I get the next one)

If you don't like the people you're with

1. Speak up.

2. Kill all of 'em and take the loot. They'll learn to share :twisted:
Fact: Ninjas are mammals
Fact: Ninjas fight ALL the time
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

if i am with someone who grabs my loot, i will start to grab his and/or use cleric prayer or the bard curse song on him or cast disspell to rid of his buffs, but let him have the loot.... the party will set the rules and their are a two edge sword or i just leave the area do something else.. i do not like player kill, but if i am provoke, i will defend myself.... most of the time, i am a passive player and i do understand where queen is coming from.
~=% Run from your nightmares, chase after your dreams, but in the end ... they both come to you in sleep %=~