Suggestions for both BSKs

Post suggestions for improvements here.
Mer`Zikain
Count
Count

Suggestions for both BSKs

Post by Mer`Zikain »

It would be nice if the treasure chests would track who opened them so that each player could get a chance at the chests instead of it being first come first served like it is now. A local int using the character name would be good. That's what I setup for my own module and it seemed to work well.

Another neat thing would be to add closure to the Rodran (sp?) quest set. Maybe something where you go out and find the real Rodran (going to call him Redrum for now) and rescue him, killing the impostor. If it's done outside of town it would be easy to keep continuity by just adding a friendly thank you (and maybe new quests) to the existing Redrum. Maybe make it available to good and neutral characters only?
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Suggestions for both BSKs

Post by driller »

I assume you mean the static chests right? Cause the chests the mobs drop already work in a similar fashion to what you are describing.

As for Rodran, I could probably make it so that you face him in a confrontation perhaps?

-driller
Mer`Zikain wrote:It would be nice if the treasure chests would track who opened them so that each player could get a chance at the chests instead of it being first come first served like it is now. A local int using the character name would be good. That's what I setup for my own module and it seemed to work well.

Another neat thing would be to add closure to the Rodran (sp?) quest set. Maybe something where you go out and find the real Rodran (going to call him Redrum for now) and rescue him, killing the impostor. If it's done outside of town it would be easy to keep continuity by just adding a friendly thank you (and maybe new quests) to the existing Redrum. Maybe make it available to good and neutral characters only?
Mer`Zikain
Count
Count

Post by Mer`Zikain »

Yeah, I was talking about the static ones. I hate it when I log in with a rogue, go to do my rounds of cleaning out the peasant's life savings, and find someone beat me to the punch. Or go through a dungeon and find that someone already looted everything.

As for Rodran, if it was just a battle between the player(s) and Rodran, it wouldn't make much sense if the was still at his post giving newbies quests afterward. Though what I was suggesting would be a lot more trouble. Ultimately it's your call, I'm just always left with this feeling that something is left undone with him. It's not that big of a deal though. I'm more concerned with the treasure chests, hehe.
TropicOfCancer
Baron
Baron

Post by TropicOfCancer »

Best suggestion I can give to improve BSK2 is add character appearance options , that is a HUGE deal breaker for most players , especially on a server found in the RP section . I've seen the option to change armor appearance and it's alright but limited , what I think is as important is to get rid of the vanilla race models like heads and hair and /or add others from the vault . Add more options and there will be more people playing BSK2 .