Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition

Post by driller »

No worries, happens to all of us. I always forget the waypoint codes and get laughed when I ask what they are.

Thanks,
-driller
nobody-special wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:02 am Ok, where do I begin? I am not dumb!! I repeat I do not feel dumb!. Oh hell who am I kidding. I feel dumb because I was more or less meta gaming a quest that I thought was the way it was supposed to work.

The Mayor even ask me more or less? Hey dummy have you cleared that Kobold problem? And I told him, No not yet. That stupid goblin leader isn't dropping the head I know he should drop for this quest. (Let this be a lesson to meta gamers, the DM may change things in a module so pay attention and do not question his methods)

Now that I have slowed down and went back to the Mayor to find out "What is up with this stupid quest?" He again asked me "have I finished with the KOBOLD!!!! problem." Then it dawned on me that A kobold is not a goblin, so... (hey don't blame me! these kobolds never used to be here, tells you how long ago I have played BSK) anyway, I reread the journal quest notes and it gave a direction. To the east of the Hamlet.

Guess what? I found Kobolds and finished the quest. But I really don't feel that stupid. I was really delighted that there was something new that I didn't know about and now I wonder what else is new.. what else has changed. I am really looking forward to playing BSK again. Great job Driller! (and thanks for not laughing at me... are you laughing now? :P or just outright giving me the answer. :) )

--NS
nobody-special
Baron
Baron

Post by nobody-special »

hmmm, I have been turned to stone by basilisks. No death, just wait, exit or load... no respawn.

Is this intended?

This happened in the shrine of "with"

--NS
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

It is temporary, you just have to wait for it to wear off.

-driller
nobody-special wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:05 pm hmmm, I have been turned to stone by basilisks. No death, just wait, exit or load... no respawn.

Is this intended?

This happened in the shrine of "with"

--NS
Sapphire
Count
Count

Post by Sapphire »

Or you can log out go have a cup of coffee and log back in to full health and mobility.... Those basilisk's used to stone you and a death screen would come up but it changed a good many years ago now...
nobody-special
Baron
Baron

Post by nobody-special »

Well I have logged back in and am still stoned and I have also waited 40 minutes of real time and still am stone.

In the manual it says that:
Note: In hardcore mode, petrification is permanent

BSK is not played in hard mode is it?

--NS

Edit: I waited for an hour online real time. I am still petrified. As for the waiting and logging on later. I have done that also. Something must be broken or it is because the server is not resetting every 6 hours like it used to.

I will play around with another character for now.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Try now.

-driller
nobody-special wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:49 am Well I have logged back in and am still stoned and I have also waited 40 minutes of real time and still am stone.

In the manual it says that:
Note: In hardcore mode, petrification is permanent

BSK is not played in hard mode is it?

--NS

Edit: I waited for an hour online real time. I am still petrified. As for the waiting and logging on later. I have done that also. Something must be broken or it is because the server is not resetting every 6 hours like it used to.

I will play around with another character for now.
nobody-special
Baron
Baron

Post by nobody-special »

It worked. I was having fun in the underdark under the first shrine. The server went down. Not a really big problem. I was lost and trying to find my way around when it happened.

I had accumulated 5 million in gold. :^o

I hope I didn't break the server. :P

--NS
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

A storm blew in, knocked it out for a few mins.

-driller
nobody-special wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:07 pm It worked. I was having fun in the underdark under the first shrine. The server went down. Not a really big problem. I was lost and trying to find my way around when it happened.

I had accumulated 5 million in gold. :^o

I hope I didn't break the server. :P

--NS
Sapphire
Count
Count

Post by Sapphire »

Just a word of caution going to underdark via the shrine end maps at least one of them early ones leads to an area with rust monsters which rob you of either or both armour/shield and your current held weapon ...

I had guessed a storm had blown out the server as both server and this web page were unavailable earlier today ...
Sapphire
Count
Count

Post by Sapphire »

LOL ... Seems the server has gone down on its own this time ...
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

You still on the old server?

-driller
Sapphire wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:15 pm LOL ... Seems the server has gone down on its own this time ...
Sapphire
Count
Count

Post by Sapphire »

Yes still have not been able to get EE and no idea when either
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

It will be released on Steam the 27th.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/70445 ... d_Edition/

-driller
Sapphire wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:21 pm Yes still have not been able to get EE and no idea when either
Sapphire
Count
Count

Post by Sapphire »

Sorry I am doing steam version of anything only to be bombarded with their adverts for just about anything I don't want ot desire... I want the physical disks for myself and not rely on a 3rd party business that will withdraw its support on the slightest whim ...
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Steam only sends purchase or verification mails, they don't bombard you with advertisements. Considering most games require an internet connection and license check, they can already withdraw support on the slightest whim. I don't think you have to worry.

Also, I will eventually shut off the old server.

-driller
Sapphire wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:13 pm Sorry I am doing steam version of anything only to be bombarded with their adverts for just about anything I don't want ot desire... I want the physical disks for myself and not rely on a 3rd party business that will withdraw its support on the slightest whim ...